[Suggestion] Cancelling Enderpearls

Reaction score
Suggestion name: Cancelling enderpearls
Description:
I think everyone knows how annoying it is to be near the top of a map (E.g. Morse summit) and trying to enderpearl onto the top bit, only to miss and fall all the way back down to the bottom [spoilerbb=>:mad:]
[/spoilerbb]
Why should we implement this:
It's really annoying when you enderpearl down to the bottom from a missed enderpearl and have to climb all the way back to the top. I just think there should be a way (if you press C when you're enderpearl is still in flight for example) to stop the enderpearl from teleporting you. So instead of [spoilerbb=>:mad:]
[/spoilerbb] you could have [spoilerbb= :)]
[/spoilerbb]
What are the possible issues with this suggestion: Might be used to confuse survivors as a hunter might spam enderpearls at survivors and cancel them before they hit. Might cause a bit of lag but probably not.
Extra notes:
This would preferably only be for hunters. Also these screenshots were taken on bb just in case anyone is wondering (there was no one on AoD at the time.

Reactions: Naoh
Reaction score
I would like to instantly state that this cannot be keybound without modding your client. I think only a command can cancel it. And we can't have something like "/Cancelenderpearl" since it'd long hit the ground before then. Maybe something like "/c" quickly?
Oh okay I didn't know. That sounds good though.

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
It's definitely possible to get rid of the pearls and cancel them, but I'm not sure if it would be possible to link the pearl to is thrower. It's most likely possible, just not sure how easy
All projectiles are linked to their shooter in Bukkit, and the shooter can be found using projectile.getShooter(). Cancelling the teleportation appears to be the harder part (if this is done in Bukkit, at least).