[Suggestion] Bear Grylls Award

storm886

Reaction score
Suggestion name: Bear Grylls Award
Description:
The player is awarded this award for surviving 10 maps in a row. They would get the title of Bear Grylls and they would get a place in the Hall of Fame in the lobby.
Why should we implement this:
It would give people another incentive to play.
What are the possible issues with this suggestion:
Connection problems/Picked as Dark Hunter
Extra notes:
If you remember, this award was present on Classic Zombie. There would have to be a way that the person's progress would be saved if they are picked as the Dark Hunter.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
5 total suggestions and there's FINALLY one I can get behind. I absolutely loved trying to get Grylls on Zombies. It made the game a lot more fun. I think we could try to get a list of "awards" going from Zombies, or let Infection take over with that. If Infection doesn't have anything like this planned in the future, however, I'm sure Mmarz would have no issue picking it up. ;)

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
This is something I could actually when which makes me automatically love the idea.

AoD isn't all about PvP, if it did then I would still be at veteran and quite bad at the game. When it comes down to it anyone can kill, but it takes work to continue to survive. Great idea!

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
I really like this idea. I think an easy way to avoid a few issues would be to issues would be to not count rounds where you are chosen as Dark Hunter. So say you play 12 rounds in a row and are chosen for Dark Hunter 2 of those, but survive the other 10 and you could still get this award.
what if there's only 2 guys on the server and they just farm it
We could just make this available when more than 3-4 players are online. Would cause issues if everyone left, though there may not be another simple way to avoid farming. Will continue thinking about this issue though.

Lastly, I'm not sure it deserves a spot in the hall of fame. A message in chat, a temporary (5-10 day?) title, some brains, or any combination of the 3 would be better in my opinion.

storm886

Reaction score
I'm glad you like the idea! I don't know if you've played Classic Zombie when Grylls was on, but it was very difficult to get, and that was on CZ. AoD has /loc and /s that make surviving by hiding a little bit more difficult. You will certainly have to know how to fight and find the "goodies" on the maps. I don't think many people will get the award. Think about maps like TAG and OctopusofLove that are hard to survive. That's why I think a hall of fame position isn't that far of a stretch. As far as farming goes, I'm not sure if it would be successful. I can only see it being attempted with very close friends. The length of a full 10 rounds lasts well over an hour. Surely someone else is bound to show up on the server.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Infection's Bear Grylls progress resets when you are the first zombie, meaning that with more people, you are less likely to get selected, balanced out by the difficulty of surviving.

Reaction score
I love the idea that you could get ranks some other way then buying them. I'm one of those people who loves achievements on games and will try really hard to get them. In my opinion this is the one thing AoD lacks. Add this and a possibly a couple more challenges and I think it would really spice AoD up plus there would be new ranks which I would really like to see because currently there's only the purchase-able ranks and party animal which I think only 1 person still has.
Knowing my luck though I'd crash on the ninth round or something though... :sour:

Edit: P.S. I just thought of another one you could add. It could be the Robin Hood and you get it for either get 10 or so kills in one round with a bow or getting 100% accuracy from 16 shots.

Last edited: