[Suggestion] Assist kills

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
For some reason, I keep saying, "I wish there were assist kills on AoD." I think they'd be a good idea because people normally team up to get kills, and only one person can get the kill, or someone gets a kill right after you die, even though you dealt the most damage. You get 25 brains for a normal kill. That would stay as-is. But if you deal hearts that the player hasn't regenerated, you'd get 25 divided by 20 brains, times the number of damage you dealt, rounded to the nearest whole number. The only negatives there would be adding onto the death lag there already is, and it may be difficult to code.

I'd really like some responses to this, to see if I could improve this concept a bit more, and just to see what you all think.

UPDATED CONCEPT WITH FEEDBACK FROM USERS LIKE DANNI:

For some reason, I keep saying, "I wish there were assist kills on AoD." I think they'd be a good idea because people normally team up to get kills, and only one person can get the kill, or someone gets a kill right after you die, even though you dealt the most damage. You get 25 brains for a normal kill. That would stay as-is. But if within ten seconds, the player you were killing got killed, you'd get a brain for every hp you damaged. The only negatives are that it could add onto the death lag there already is, and it may be difficult to code.

Last edited:

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
For some reason, I keep saying, "I wish there were assist kills on AoD." I think they'd be a good idea because people normally team up to get kills, and only one person can get the kill, or someone gets a kill right after you die, even though you dealt the most damage. You get 25 brains for a normal kill. That would stay as-is. But if you deal hearts that the player hasn't regenerated, you'd get 25 divided by 20 brains, times the number of damage you dealt, rounded to the nearest whole number. The only negatives there would be adding onto the death lag there already is, and it may be difficult to code.

I'd really like some responses to this, to see if I could improve this concept a bit more, and just to see what you all think.
YES.
It would GREATLY solve the whole "KILLSTEAL" predicament.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

Okay so what I am thinking, I think this might be what you are saying, I dont quite understand the math there, but okay. So as a player got 20 hp, on an assist, you would simply get one brain for each hp you dealt to him, simple as that.

For to chose when to give assists or not, I think that giving assists, when player A damaged player B within 10 seconds of player B's death would be reasonable. If you think that is too long, I would like you to concider how slow health regenerate in minecraft.

Regarding coding this, assist (and kills?) would have to be counted by a server unique plugin, so it would have to be coded by one of our devs. I dont think it should be extremly hard to code what said above, then again I am no dev, but what I have learn is that "Nothing is impossibly to code, Its just fucking hard".

If there is any doubt that this is really something that both the veterans and the newer people who play on AoD, I can as good as guarantee you that there is barely anyone that would be against this. It would,give everyone more reward for what they have done, and dont make "killsteals" so annoying as it is for some people.

• Informative
Reactions: Naoh

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Okay so what I am thinking, I think this might be what you are saying, I dont quite understand the math there, but okay. So as a player got 20 hp, on an assist, you would simply get one brain for each hp you dealt to him, simple as that.

For to chose when to give assists or not, I think that giving assists, when player A damaged player B within 10 seconds of player B's death would be reasonable. If you think that is too long, I would like you to consider how slow health regenerates in minecraft.

Regarding coding this, assist (and kills?) would have to be counted by a server unique plugin, so it would have to be coded by one of our devs. I dont think it should be extremly hard to code what said above, then again I am no dev, but what I have learn is that "Nothing is impossibly to code, Its just fucking hard".

If there is any doubt that this is really something that both the veterans and the newer people who play on AoD, I can as good as guarantee you that there is barely anyone that would be against this. It would,give everyone more reward for what they have done, and dont make "killsteals" so annoying as it is for some people.
I think 10 seconds would work, yes, and probably a brain a hp would also work (the only reason I did that random math thing was because you get 25 per kill. Perhaps the extra five would be the last hit reward?). I literally just quickly posted this idea down early in the morning for some discussion later.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I think 10 seconds would work, yes, and probably a brain a hp would also work (the only reason I did that random math thing was because you get 25 per kill. Perhaps the extra five would be the last hit reward?). I literally just quickly posted this idea down early in the morning for some discussion later.
Yeah, I think you should still get 25 brains for a kill, and a max of 19.5 or 20 or whatever for assist, since its still the kill that "counts"

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
i love the idea of a kill assist , but what about those people who want to troll and steal brains. hit them a few times and run. I think you don't get enough brains as is now your adding a way to get less. Like the idea just giving my thoughts.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
i love the idea of a kill assist , but what about those people who want to troll and steal brains. hit them a few times and run. I think you don't get enough brains as is now your adding a way to get less. Like the idea just giving my thoughts.
You will still get 25 brains for the kill.

The amount of damage you do is only for how much money you get from the assist x)