[Suggestion] AoD Chest Shuffling

Vrgin

Survival Staff
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Blocktopians.
Today as I was playing it came to me that on about eveymap I and many others know where all the good loot is in the chests. So i thought why not have a command that shuffles loot in chests so that there isnt 10 ppl rushing to the same place right after game starts. This way it is an equal and fair chance to everyone this way we dont have the same 2 or 3 players in all the good gear surviving everyround. Im not sure how the coding to that would work but i would like to see if there is an intrest in this sort of thing.

~ Matt

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This would be a great map variable to have, but if it was applied to every map, it would mess up the system of having powerful items in hard-to-access places, such as the Sword of the Fortunate in Ascendant, or the diamonds in Divided. It would work well for a lot of maps, too , though, like Cubism and Colourido

Terre936

Reaction score
I have to agree on this. Plus, on a side note, a lot of people get terrible lag at the start of the round, which doesn't allow them to catch up with any of the progress (loot wise) others have already made while that person was just waiting for the map to load. Also, as time goes on, more and more people will end up knowing the locations of a lot of overpowered chests which leads to people rushing to the same location.
The idea has its positives and negatives (such as having one of the "secret chest" being right in front of spawn and someone would easily be stocked up at the start of the round), but I think that can be fixed by being able to toggle it.

• Agree
Reactions: RyanDodd

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
I personally support this idea and had suggested something similar a while back. If I remember correctly, there's a good chance that it is possible to code. It would probably not be implemented on every map though, because as stated above it would mess up some of the hiding places.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Vrgin

Survival Staff
Reaction score
I think that it would be possible to code if all chests were same size for exaple when people will chests they put objects in certain areas and i feel that if something were to shuffle from a large to small chest or other way around that it might mess up the designs people like to have in each chest I can take a look into doing some coding for it if this is aproved by staff.

G

Guest35486

For the most part, this is a good idea. Players can re-discover items and/or change their hiding spots.

Some maps have small puzzles with chests filled with the items the player needs or can only use in that area. Either the staff will have to note each chest and decide which chests to shuffle, or as Asaechao stated earlier, decide on each map submission.

• Agree
Reactions: Naoh

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
If this is possible to code, the option of having it on or off should be in the config file when you submit a map.

Like:
Chest Shuffling Y/N:
^ This is a good idea right here. Personaly, chest shuffling will rain on my parade of rampage, :p but in the general interest in fairness, this may be a good way to go.

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
Wait is the chests going to be different every time that map is played? If so I disagree, but I do like the idea of chest loot being shuffled. What's he point of learning the map when you don't know where the good loot is. Maybe instead of shuffling chest everytime that map is played how about every month or so all the chest loots are shuffled. Then you get to learn the map again.

Reaction score
I love your idea, I know on most maps where all the loot is and I normally survive it or get heaps of kills so I would like to see it shuffle and so everyone has the same amout chance of getting good loot

Reaction score
I like the idea of chest shuffling as it would help new player so that they didn't ragequit after their first complaining that the person hacked it in. It would need a bit of tweaking though so you don't end up with iron armour in a kitchen room. And I'm not sure if it would be worth it, you'd have to code it so the spawn chest in cubism are always the same and the swords chest in dragonwrecks doesn't change to a chest with 2 pork in it or something. Also the parkour in Smarqueris would make people rage if they did it and found a wooden sword and an apple. All in all I think the idea for chest shuffling is good.

Last edited:

Vrgin

Survival Staff
Reaction score
I like the idea of chest shuffling as it would help new player so that they didn't ragequit after their first complaining that the person hacked it in. It would need a bit of tweaking though so you don't end up with iron armour in a kitchen room. And I'm not sure if it would be worth it, you'd have to code it so the spawn chest in cubism are always the same and the swords chest in dragonwrecks doesn't change to a chest with 2 pork in it or something. Also the parkour in Smarqueris would make people rage if they did it and found a wooden sword and an apple. All in all I think the idea for chest shuffling is good.
Chicken to code this they would probably need to add coordinates of a chest, so for example they code it so it doesn not affect chest x:0, y:0 or do not affect chest above height 65.