{Sug} Self-Destruction

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Name of your suggestion/idea: Self-destruct
What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea: An offensive item items that, upon use, creates a blast around the players position (about the same height, 1.5 to 2 times as wide a radius) that kills players but does not destroy blocks.
Why should it be implemented into the server: I reckon it'll be a fun addition to the arsenal of various explosive devices; it also covers a gap in what the other items don't cover in terms of application, which includes sneaking-up-and-exploding and crowd control. On top of that, the server is based around explosions, and we can't selfdestruct. Obviously a flaw.
:roflmao:

Kattzen

Kattzen!
Reaction score
On top of that, the server is based around explosions, and we can't selfdestruct. Obviously a flaw.
You can suicide, though. I suppose that could be similar to that.

Besides that, if we were to add it; What would the block be? What price? Also, what kind of coding would it take to make something like this? (Shouldn't be too hard but still worth questioning)

I can't say I'm for it yet, but it certainly is an interesting idea nonetheless. I'd like to hear more about how this could be useful, really. ;)

SirCiphered

Reaction score
On top of that, the server is based around explosions, and we can't selfdestruct. Obviously a flaw.

Besides that, if we were to add it; What would the block be? What price? Also, what kind of coding would it take to make something like this? (Shouldn't be too hard but still worth questioning)

I can't say I'm for it yet, but it certainly is an interesting idea nonetheless. I'd like to hear more about how this could be useful, really. ;)
I'd assume an item renamed as a detonator - instakills you but also acts as a TNT explosion centred on you.

Also... isn't this just Trouble in Terrorist Town?

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Umm, place TNT and jump on top of it? :p
#impatience

I don't think it'd be a block, but maybe something that can detect when you right-click (everything?), and then causes you to explode, killing you, with an increased, non-destructive blast radius. (I said above maybe same height, 1.5 to 2 times wider). A possible cost might be 20-30+ points, as epik skillz will probably allow multikills. (But not too expensive, considering it kills you). In terms of affecting mechanics, I was thinking it might add a death to your roundly KDR, but not your total.
As for the item, maybe a big red button?

Edit: besides, suicides are more of a hindrance than a help (obviously).
Really, they aren't useful at all

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
I don't know about it, it could also be used to get out of being killed.
Maybe it could have a one second of so wind-up to try and counter this. I don't think it would be that big an issue, though. (Hey, if someone masters it, kudos to them)
If anyone does master it, it would have to be a 3 second warm up so they couldn't place it when they are trapped.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't know about it, it could also be used to get out of being killed.
Maybe it could have a one second of so wind-up to try and counter this. I don't think it would be that big an issue, though. (Hey, if someone masters it, kudos to them)
If anyone does master it, it would have to be a 3 second warm up so they couldn't place it when they are trapped.
But then they may as well use TNT

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
But then they may as well use TNT
Exactly!

I think it's a good idea overall, but we have no Developers at the moment, that is being worked on though.

Txboy1234

Reaction score
I like this idea, it still counts as a death. If someone hits you and you then kill yourself, make it give that person the kill just as if you get a kill when you knock someone into the void. That would avoid people "death dodging".

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
How Jub believes this could work!
  1. The player uses the self destruct weapon
  2. A in-chat countdown of three seconds starts
  3. The player and any other players die within the decided radius, points being given to the player for the other players killed

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
  3. The player and any other players die within the decided radius, points being given to the player for the other players killed
While you're here, implement into the next Solitude for us.
Also, I was thinking just run in an explode, maybe after a really short delay. It would be designed for crowd control or sneak attacks
:3

• Haha
Reactions: Jubjubers

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
Also, I was thinking just run in an explode, maybe after a really short delay. It would be designed for crowd control or sneak attacks
In my opinion this would be terrible in Solitude. PvP doesn't need to be edited from Vanilla.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score

In my opinion this would be terrible in Solitude. PvP doesn't need to be edited from Vanilla.
That was a joke.