[Submission] New AoD Lobby

Iggish

Reaction score
Ok so you guys might or might not know that me and some others (mainly naxane) have been working on a new AoD lobby for quite a while now. Well, I'm happy and proud to say that it is finally done. It has all the general lobby features plus some new ones. Check these out:

This parkour is quite hardcore but is doable. It is harder then the current one but is shorter.
This is what you will see when you complete the parkour. When you complete it please notify a staff so they can add you to the hall of parkour champs.

This tutorial gives more hints and tips on how to play for the new players. It contains the heads of most of the active AoDplayers via ast. Alongside the current four gamemodes, there is now a mini-"exhibition" for the mini-gamemode Juggernaut in Zombie. This is located under the Zombie quadrant of the tutorial.
This tutorial also has space for three more gamemodes. The heads of players i think could go in the tutorial if another gamemode was added are lying on the floor inside one of the empty spaces for a new gamemode.
This portal connects you back to the spawn.

This is a new feature that I think could be really cool. A notice/newsboard. This way players can stay up to date with what is going on on AoD. Some examples of notices could be new maps being added or someone ranking up to Overlord etc.

This building contains all the current staff's heads, names and ranks (moderator, controller etc.)
It also contains a hall of past AoD staff. We still need help with it as we don't have all the correct names for nbthead!

These are the shops. There are 8 market stalls but the maximum number of gamemodes for the lobby is 7, 8th is just there for symmetry

This is one feature that i think is really cool. An easy to access list of every single map on aod, sorted by gamemode. It lists all the mapmakers and names of the maps. Some mapmaker's names have had to be shortened to fit them into the sign though i.e. Guin instead of Guinessis.

This hall contains the facts on how many maps a certain individual has helped in/made. There is room for 3 more gamemodes. The heads and signs above the item frames are only there in case the entities get destroyed on the transfer to aod.
It also contains podiums sporting the armourstands and names of the top 3 most maps created for that certain gamemode. There is also a grand podium for the greatest overall amount of maps currently in rotation.

This lobby also contains a stable where mods can stable all the weird mobs they spawn in and give them a name. Also there is a hall of communications which still has to be filled out. In the hall there will be info on EscRestart's social media. website and teamspeak/discord. I don't really know how to do this so i hope someone else will.
Along with these two, the lobby contains a heck-tonne of cleverly hidden easter eggs for players to find.

All the signs on top of diamond blocks are telling me where the entities are if they get destroyed during the transfer.
Honestly, I don't even know if you're supposed to do this with lobby applications but I have made this regardless so people can see what this lobby offers.
This lobby took us quite a long time to make so I hope you like the look of it!

Players might need extended privileges i.e. opening doors and pressing buttons. They cannot currently do this on the current lobby afaik.

/warp newaodlobby on create for a warp.

Also, thanks to my bro, chicken23456789 :chicken:, for helping me make this application and add all the screenshots.

Thanks for reading, Iggy ;)

Iggish

Reaction score
As i couldn't fit all the screenshots into the first post, here are the rest of the features:
This is similar to the current one with competiton winners and lobby creators. However, as we have the Hall of AoD Staff containing the previous staff, they have been removed from this hall of fame.

This building contains a list of all the current Overlords on AoD.

This building contains all the people who have custom titles whether they earned it or they were given it. Earned it: jackamel for the competition. Didn't earn it: Me with the title Complainer however you may argue that I deserve it.

I don't know if this would work but it would be pretty cool in between rounds. If it won't work it wouldn't be a huge loss to the lobby.

Reactions: chicken23456789

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
I must say, at the beginning I was a bit sketchy but the results are stunning, great lobby with all the different rooms and features!

Only thing I miss are secrets but those can still be added ;)

(if I could give it a +1 it would be a huge one)

• Thank You
Reactions: Iggish

Iggish

Reaction score
I must say, at the beginning I was a bit sketchy but the results are stunning, great lobby with all the different rooms and features!

Only thing I miss are secrets but those can still be added ;)

(if I could give it a +1 it would be a huge one)
By secrets do you mean easter eggs? If so, they are loads of them (unless nax's redstone fucked up).

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Spawn looks incredible, however I'm not too sure why it's so big as players don't get that much time in spawn and are forced into the map when the round starts! It's also very laggy due to all of the entities, is there anyway this could be solved?

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Spawn looks incredible, however I'm not too sure why it's so big as players don't get that much time in spawn and are forced into the map when the round starts! It's also very laggy due to all of the entities, is there anyway this could be solved?
It may be possible to separate the spawn and tutorial and use something to teleport players between them? That way only the tutorial will be laggy

• Informative
Reactions: Iggish

Iggish

Reaction score
Ok, i've gone rid of loads of lag-producing entities. These include empty spare signs on walls, blank heads, anvils, banners, loads of lag stuff. Hopefully this should make a difference lag wise. I must've got rid of atleast 400 signs in total. after all of this my fps was boosted from 20 fps to 80 fps. I'm not if this means the tutorial should be separated as the rest of the lobby is not laggy any longer but the tutorial still is.

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Ok, i've gone rid of loads of lag-producing entities. These include empty spare signs on walls, blank heads, anvils, banners, loads of lag stuff. Hopefully this should make a difference lag wise. I must've got rid of atleast 400 signs in total. after all of this my fps was boosted from 20 fps to 80 fps. I'm not if this means the tutorial should be separated as the rest of the lobby is not laggy any longer but the tutorial still is.
Just do something like Peach's Castle to separate them?

Iggish

Reaction score
I have now added all the signs and info into the lobby via screenshots of the current lobby. They are largely the same but i have made a few changed for example i added on the ffa info that ffa used 1.8 pvp

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I have now added all the signs and info into the lobby via screenshots of the current lobby. They are largely the same but i have made a few changed for example i added on the ffa info that ffa used 1.8 pvp
Okay we noticed a few things with the lobby that we feel are unnecessary, these are:
  • Hall of mapmakers
  • Hall of custom titles
  • Hall of overlord (could be merged into the hall of fame)
  • Hall of commands (should only contain helpful commands)
  • Hall of aod maps
  • Aod stables
  • Hall of communication
Essentially, the ones marked in black we deem unnecessary and will be too much effort to maintain and we think should be removed, the ones marked in grey can stay because we feel there is potential for them.

Don't feel discouraged by this, we'll most likely do slight edits if it is accepted to brush up on anything that can be improved or removed, and we do appreciate the time and effort you and Naxane have put into building this lobby!

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Okay we noticed a few things with the lobby that we feel are unnecessary, these are:
  • Hall of mapmakers
  • Hall of custom titles
  • Hall of overlord (could be merged into the hall of fame)
  • Hall of commands (should only contain helpful commands)
  • Hall of aod maps
  • Aod stables
  • Hall of communication
Essentially, the ones marked in black we deem unnecessary and will be too much effort to maintain and we think should be removed, the ones marked in grey can stay because we feel there is potential for them.

Don't feel discouraged by this, we'll most likely do slight edits if it is accepted to brush up on anything that can be improved or removed, and we do appreciate the time and effort you and Naxane have put into building this lobby!
I'm gonna disagree because these have a lot of potential and the fact is; it wouldn't be difficult to maintain because all you will need to do with for instance is to update them when a map is added or removed which is rare and is already done when you update the map rotation and is a simple job of updating a sign. The hall of custom titles can be updated if someone asks a mod to do so and the hall of mapmakers have huge potential, surprising that you guys do not see this. Finally, hall of commands could include the vital commands if needs be or if a mod wants to include a valid command, they can.

Iggish

Reaction score
I volunteer as tribute to do the maintenance. I wouldn't mind at all, in fact, i'd enjoy it. All i'd need though are perms to go gm 1 and edit the lobby which might be tricky.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm gonna disagree because these have a lot of potential and the fact is; it wouldn't be difficult to maintain because all you will need to do with for instance is to update them when a map is added or removed which is rare and is already done when you update the map rotation and is a simple job of updating a sign. The hall of custom titles can be updated if someone asks a mod to do so and the hall of mapmakers have huge potential, surprising that you guys do not see this. Finally, hall of commands could include the vital commands if needs be or if a mod wants to include a valid command, they can.
I volunteer as tribute to do the maintenance. I wouldn't mind at all, in fact, i'd enjoy it. All i'd need though are perms to go gm 1 and edit the lobby which might be tricky.
While we do appreciate your suggestion, unfortunately it is not something we're looking for! We have thought of other ways to implement the ones being removed which we think will be more beneficial to the playerbase :)

I'm not too sure if that would be possible given that the ability to change gamemode is trusted among staff only, I don't think it isn't possible to give a player perms to use it, it is just more a fact if ComputerGuy_ would be willing to do so.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
While we do appreciate your suggestion, unfortunately it is not something we're looking for! We have thought of other ways to implement the ones being removed which we think will be more beneficial to the playerbase :)

I'm not too sure if that would be possible given that the ability to change gamemode is trusted among staff only, I don't think it isn't possible to give a player perms to use it, it is just more a fact if ComputerGuy_ would be willing to do so.
I would be able to give permissions to edit the lobby, but probably not permissions to change game mode just in the lobby.
However, it is too much work for anyone to change the signs. However, I could do some things like:
  • Giving players the ability to list the maps
  • Each map will have the creators as hover text
We don't really need any of those listed, except useful commands which I do thing is beneficial.
The things in the list which don't need to be updated often can stay, but other than that I really see no point in having them.