Out of this World
Reaction score
In-game username: - Stretford01

Staff references (Op+): - Danni122112, Biblius

Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): -
(DD/MM/YY) TNT Trusted - 06/10/11 - 20/04/12
TNT Operator (Classic and Premium) - 20/04/12 - Shutdown
Adventure and Tournaments Operator - 18/07/12 - Shutdown

How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: - The responsibility of an Operator on any Survival Multiplayer server, or, in this case, Dusk of Discordia, is to be the one to help anyone, at any time. An Operator is a rank which is key to keep the server alive, and grief-free. The responsibilities of an Operator though, is not just to keep the server grief-free. Far from that actually. It is to be a role-model to the other players on the server as well. Operators also need to be active, and not only be active on the server, but on the forums as well. They are needed to be able to respond to any PMs and applications as well.

Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: -
Why would you pick me, you ask? Well, firstly, I am extremely active on the forums, and also quite active on the server. I am also willing to learn anything, like prism and other plugins which I may not be too familiar with. I am also very good at being quick to respond to things, as I am a fast typer, and I can help multiple players at once. I am very relaxed also, and I don't get stressed or angry very quickly.

If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: - If there was a problem that I didn't know how to deal with, I would contact another staff member online, or on IRC. If I was in a situation in which I couldn't contact a staff member, I would quickly think about it and try to find a solution.

If a staff member of equal or higher rank is acting up, what will you do: - If I was ever in a situation with a staff member of equal/higher rank acting up (In my 2 years of staffing I have never experienced it), I would take screenshots of the chat, use a chat logger, and immediately contact superstein or SparklyMuffinz. If I couldn't contact them, and it was serious, I would contact an Administrator.

What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it: - My most noticeable weakness would be my lack of knowledge in Survival Multiplayer plugins. I am very able to fix this though, as I can easily research them, and I can learn things very quickly.

Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: - Well, I am Stretford01, and I live in Ireland. My hobbies and interests include tennis, football, programming and gaming. I have been playing games since I was quite young, and my favourite game is Crash Bandicoot. I play instruments in music, percussion and viola, and I love music, sport and computers. I am very mature for my age, according to many people, and I am generally a fun-loving and friendly guy!

If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: - Thanks for the opportunity guys, and even if I don't manage to achieve Operator, I'll still be playing a lot!

Thanks,
~Stret

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Stretford is certainly no outsider to the SMP community. In Journey to Elysium he established the village of Peripeteia, which grew to be a considerably large settlement within the server landscape and culture. In this new SMP, he's lead a clan to over 20 members, doing a very good job at protecting his people and accomplishing his goals. All in all, Stretford understands what's expected of him. He understands what it takes to staff, and he understands the culture of a SMP server. He would be a fine addition to our staff team. +1

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I have seen stretford around on SMP's along as I can remmember, and I have never once seen anything bad from him. He is extremely mature, and I have no doubt he will handle the responsibiity of this position very well. I do not think that learning the new commands will be a problem for you, and you also got prior experience with staffing =)
1+

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
I saw you a lot during the week of server release, yet don't recall you being that talkative. You do have the previous experience and know the job however. I'll watch out for you the rest of the week, but +0 for now.

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Same reasons as stated above my post (mature, loads of staff experience,) the only problem that I see is not as helpful as I'd like, but is Stretford is willing to help whenever possible.
+1 Atleast a trial!

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the positive feedback!
Just to address the 0s
Haven't seen much of you on the server, but you definitely do have a reputable staffing history, however that is not enough for an upvote

0 for now.
Thank you for noticing the staffing history, but I know that isn't enough for an up vote. This is possibly because you live in Chicago, and I am in GMT 0.

I saw you a lot during the week of server release, yet don't recall you being that talkative. You do have the previous experience and know the job however. I'll watch out for you the rest of the week, but +0 for now.
I was quite active during the first week, but I have (at time of posting) 1 day and 9 hours this month (19 days)!
You also live on the west coast of America, so that's basically 8 hours behind me! I'll try to talk more as well.

I have seen you online, however I haven't seen you helping out and/or talking in the main chat. I will be going with a 0 for now.
Just to clear this up, you live in Australia, and you are at least 10 hours ahead of me! I will try to improve talking/helping!
Thanks so far!
~Stret

Terre936

Reaction score
I'll go with a +1.
I've known you for quite some time and you are very mature. We both were leaders of a town on JtE, and I enjoyed the hard work and effort you put into it. Also, your staffing experiences on TNT make you stand out a lot because it shows you know the responsibilities of an operator. You are also helpful trough out the DoD server. So I'll go with a +1.

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
Now i have read throughout this app about how the other staff is rating you and i am going to have to agree with some of them i have not seen you as of late and before you say it, no its not cause of time zones cause i am usually the late staff member, however i do know you through the servers but it isnt enough for an upvote so ill stay at 0

JtTorso

Reaction score
Seeing as I am currently a trial Op, I'm of the assumption that my vote does not count, regardless I've been encouraged by my peers to give my two cents.

I haven't seen much of you as of late, but prior to this week when you were active I hadn't seen you helping much and to say the least you hadn't left much of an impression on me, that being said I was busy with my application and such. I'm also not well informed enough to speak of your prior staff experiences as TNT and A&T were both servers I never frequented. Were I voting, I would have to go with a 0 for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.