steam pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Would the head staff be open to accepting someone, not necessarily myself, but someone, to moderate and facilitate the steam group. It doesn't get much love and could probably find it's place and be useful as a medium for people. Not going to elaborate on this because I have done elsewhere, but a straight answer of whether steam mods are a viable prospect, and whether the steam will be given any love at all.

• Agree
Reactions: Willchill

paceboys

Reaction score
Would the head staff be open to accepting someone, not necessarily myself, but someone, to moderate and facilitate the steam group. It doesn't get much love and could probably find it's place and be useful as a medium for people. Not going to elaborate on this because I have done elsewhere, but a straight answer of whether steam mods are a viable prospect, and whether the steam will be given any love at all.
ITT: people think anyone will use a steam group

idk i just dont see it happening

• Agree
Reactions: Velzerat

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
Excluding the chat, aren't the steam groups (at heart) just a place where you can group multiple people in the same community together into a list so people can find them and to post snippets of news? What's there to moderate, really?
Even if they were responsible for updating the description they would do a better job than what we have now.

• Agree
Reactions: 755someone755

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
ITT: people think anyone will use a steam group

idk i just dont see it happening
that's kind of the point though

the forums don't see much activity, but they're big and hosted and that could pose a concern. steam groups can easily just sit there. people can drudge along at their current rate, pulling up something new every once in a while that other people might have interest in. a steam forum would sort of be able to perpetuate too, like, oh no we need to stop hosting blocktopia.org but its a good thing a steam group is pre-established to maintain some degree of place to do forum things.

paceboys

Reaction score
that's kind of the point though

the forums don't see much activity, but they're big and hosted and that could pose a concern. steam groups can easily just sit there. people can drudge along at their current rate, pulling up something new every once in a while that other people might have interest in. a steam forum would sort of be able to perpetuate too, like, oh no we need to stop hosting blocktopia.org but its a good thing a steam group is pre-established to maintain some degree of place to do forum things.
I suppose, but that seems a little long term towards the end. We need to try to get people from steam to the forums, not from steam to a steam group separate from the forums.

All we have is the forums at this point, we need to keep it going if we're going to survive

• Agree
Reactions: JtTorso

paceboys

Reaction score
The forums are pretty active tho
They're more active than the servers, but unless you like reading leaving threads or roleplaying it's quite boring. Even the league section has died down, we're all so active on ts there's no reason to restate info on the forums.

And I don't even know how active the forums really are. Seems like a lot of posts made by the same 15 or so people, which, is better than the servers, but still not good enough to try to maintain this "playerbase" and a new one on a steam forum

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
They're more active than the servers, but unless you like reading leaving threads or roleplaying it's quite boring. Even the league section has died down, we're all so active on ts there's no reason to restate info on the forums.

And I don't even know how active the forums really are. Seems like a lot of posts made by the same 15 or so people, which, is better than the servers, but still not good enough to try to maintain this "playerbase" and a new one on a steam forum
my thoughts were that steam wasn't a drain on community resources when nothing is active bar roleplay, other than that you're pretty much right since the forums are a lot cleaner, among other things.

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
I'm currently away on vacation, but I've slightly updated the Steam group - mainly, I fixed up some incorrect links and outdated text in the info block. I have more plans for keeping the Steam group a little more alive than it is now, but those changes will come into effect when I get back home.

Reactions: Jivvi and Willchill
Status
Not open for further replies.