Special Event TODAY - 404 Challenge

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score

I'm sure many of you are aware of the 404 Challenge and using "404" as a seed for when generating a map. This Sunday, August 21st at 3:30PM CDT we will be opening up our own 404 map for a last-man-standing competition! This event requires no registration, and is first-come-first-served, supporting up to 40 players.

3:30pm CDT = 8:30pm GMT = 6:30am AEST Monday 22 Aug - sorry Aussies :(

For those confused - add 1 hour due to DST, so if you're in england, it starts at 9:30 your time, as you guys are currently GMT+1!

The last player alive will be receiving a great something!

A room will be available for voicechat on Teamspeak, as well as the usual in-game chat.

The event will be on its own server, smp.blocktopia.net:25566

The server will open 30 minutes prior to the time the competition begins!

EVENT RULES:
  • The game will start at sunrise and you have until nightfall to gather supplies and make equipment. At nightfall, all players will be teleported en masse back to the spawn point to dive into the gravel pit!
  • You may gather any resources topside you need to make the items of your choice -- TORCHES WILL BE DISABLED, however, so monster spawning can remain largely unaffected.
  • You may use redstone torches, lava (all players will have access to making and using buckets), flint & steel, and jack-o-lanterns as light sources, should you happen to be able to make them.
  • Myself or another Admin/Controller will break ground on the gravel when it is time to descend. At this point, you must ride the waterfall all the way to the bottom! Careful not to fall too far and die on impact!
  • Survive and thrive. Don't simply build a wall around yourself -- players who hide or box themselves in may meet a gruesome fate!
  • Only mine ores that are visible. If you see an ore, you can mine it and the blocks around it to see if you got all of it. No branch/strip mining allowed. You are spelunking/surviving here, not at your 9-to-5 mining job.
  • One life. If you die the challenge is over for you. You may remain in the viewing area to observe/listen-in on chat, but you may not re-enter the cavern.
  • PVP IS DISABLED, but you are encouraged to do everything else in your power to make life difficult for your competition!
  • Any staff wishing to participate as players will lose their powers for this event. The winner will be the last regular player standing.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Just a question because me and Kap struggle with it.
Is griefing and stealing allowed?
Can people place lava buckets under our feet to kill us?
Can we dig out rooms?
Yes, you may grief and steal, you may build traps against other players, you can dig a room - as long as you dont hide there until everyone is dead.

We cannot control everything of course and hope for fair play, so pouring lava above someone isnt the nicest thing.

On the other hand - until you can make a bucket, it will be a while ;)

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
I want to play this so bad but I don't have Minecraft and obviously I cant ask someone here to borrow theirs so... on to YouTube to download an illegal one! no jk or am I?

lolpierandom

Reaction score
So... It would start at 3:30pm EST for me, correct?

If so, and on a Sunday, I believe I can join in on the fun.

Hoping for a great, fair game. Cheers to the victor.

... Though, I don't really see the reward useful for someone without a microphone. :p
I think it's 4:30 for us on the eastern seaboard.

Brando212

Reaction score
this sounds like a heck of a good time

btw, is there any kind of prize for winning this or is it just for fun?
either way, I'm gonna try and join :)