Spaghetti Mafia - Game Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
No, I think you do because that's a weird decision for you to make and it amounts to gamethrowing

Also I'm cool with lynching UNU but I want to see if he responds to Aqua first
Well, there's a few main reasons for me to claim early.

1) We have like 60+ more hours of day 1. It's going to slow down fast without a bit of excitement.

2) Usually it takes 2+ day/night cycles before people start claiming. By breaking with tradition I'm hoping to speed up the conversation in this game.

3) By announcing my role this early on it leaves others to consider that it may be a trap. After all, from an outsider to the game's perspective, one of the following conditions could be true.

A: I'm mafia (I'm not by the way, don't know how to prove that), and I know that HK was the doctor (not sure how they'd know that either.
B: I'm doctor and hoping that mafia and others believe me to be a villager posing as doctor, which leads me to C...
C: I'm a villager and posing as doctor to draw the mafia to myself.

Needless to say, it's pretty pointless in me saying I'm in position B, as all of the group types mentioned above would claim B. I'm not game throwing, rather playing the game in a different manner to what you're expecting.

• Informative
Reactions: BetaPanda

Shadow_Hunter3

Shadow_Hunter3
Reaction score
Okay so, to me its not too weird they used the janitor, since it does give the maffia a bit of an advantage and it wouldnt help much late game if a lot of people claimed their roles.

And for Roob claiming doc im not really sure what to think of it. It makes Roob a target, but also speeds up the game a bit I guess.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Also I'm cool with lynching UNU but I want to see if he responds to Aqua first
Which post are you referring to? Also, despite Aqua voting me I am not really any suspicious of him. His reasons for voting me seemed somewhat fair (although I didn't really see his first point) and to be honest after that C9++ game which I spectated and he was mafia, I don't think I have ever seen him be again, so it might be that, but for now I get kinda town vibes from him.

I haven't really found anyone particularly suspicious, much hasn't been said,but if I were to choose someone it would perhaps be ChocoFox.

Heya. I've been watching this thread as of late but didn't really have much to add. Here are my two cents on this anyway:

First off, I find Roob's Doctor claim weird. Not sure what Roob had in mind when he did that but I think it'd be best if he explained himself? I have my suspicions on him but I think lynching him right now would be stupid.

I agree with with Ender here but I don't have much else to add as of now.

Regarding a massclaim, as other people have pointed out, it would be definitely be necessary to narrow down our list of suspects. Feel like we should do it a bit sooner, but definitely not today.

Not really for a lynch today since we have very limited information at hand as of now.
This is his only post, and it just caught my eyes how he just seems to go with the majority opinion on most parts, possibly it could be that he is afraid that if he says something else he will be lynched. He also wanted a nl day 1 due to limited info, but I believe we should much rather lynch.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
This is his only post, and it just caught my eyes how he just seems to go with the majority opinion on most parts, possibly it could be that he is afraid that if he says something else he will be lynched. He also wanted a nl day 1 due to limited info, but I believe we should much rather lynch.
had the exact same thought

nolynch would be beneficial to the maf obviously so that's another thing that makes me wary of choco rn

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Which post are you referring to? Also, despite Aqua voting me I am not really any suspicious of him. His reasons for voting me seemed somewhat fair (although I didn't really see his first point) and to be honest after that C9++ game which I spectated and he was mafia, I don't think I have ever seen him be again, so it might be that, but for now I get kinda town vibes from him.

I haven't really found anyone particularly suspicious, much hasn't been said,but if I were to choose someone it would perhaps be ChocoFox.

I understand why you would find me suspicious, but regardless I stand by my points being logically consistent.

1. I don't trust Roob - reason being that he pointed out "I know that HK was the doctor (not sure how they'd know that either."
-> a Mafia claiming Doctor is believable even they don't know that HKCaper was Doctor because the real Doctor is unlikely to counterclaim them from the start; however despite this the points he held out in part B and C of his post make sense to me.

2. How does supporting a no-lynch make me suspicious? Nobody has stepped forward with any report claims or that sort and there's still a Vigilante around who can take shots at people at night. There are 10 Townsfolk in this setup and 4 Mafia. This means we have ~3 mislynches/Vigilante mis-shots assuming that all Mafia kills go through and no Mafia member dies with the following logic:

N1: Maf kills 1 Town (9-4)
D1: Mislynch #1 (8-4)
N2: Maf kills 1 Town (8-4)
D2: Mislynch #2 (7-4)
N3: Maf kills 1 Town (6-4)
D3: Mislynch #3 (5-4)
N4: Maf kills 1 Town (4-4)
Because of this I was inclined not to vote (and still am). I feel like I'm missing out something here as to why people want to vote though.

I'm trying not to tunnelvision anyone or jump to conclusions right now but between Aqua, Unu and Roob I think there is the possibility of 1-2 Mafia. 3 Mafia would be inconceivable IMO.

Vote no-lynch

Willing to listen to arguments explaining why we should vote today, however.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
2. How does supporting a no-lynch make me suspicious? Nobody has stepped forward with any report claims or that sort and there's still a Vigilante around who can take shots at people at night. There are 10 Townsfolk in this setup and 4 Mafia. This means we have ~3 mislynches/Vigilante mis-shots assuming that all Mafia kills go through and no Mafia member dies with the following logic:

Because of this I was inclined not to vote (and still am). I feel like I'm missing out something here as to why people want to vote though.
i don't see how any of this leads to the conclusion that we should nolynch today

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
okay but if we nolynched today, would you also want to nolynch tomorrow? why/why not?
I can't say for 100% but I would definitely be more okay with lynching tomorrow than today.

assuming we have no clear suspects tomorrow, that is
Actually now that you've stated it I'm actually a bit more convinced with lynching as soon as possible. I suppose. We can't really guarantee that we have more information tomorrow anyway.

I tend to play Mafia cautiously and I don't really like taking risks. Though... with three mislynches + Vigilante mis-shots I'm not really convinced with my own logic now haha.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i'd also add a general point here that choco's math is a bit off (relevant bits bolded):

so it doesn't matter if we nolynch today or not, we'll still lose the game by n4, assuming the doc is awful, vig doesn't shoot and we mislynch the next two days, which is the scenario choco proposed here, i think

we might as well give ourselves an extra bit of information and less possibilities for maf to hide amongst the different claims that are bound to happen sooner or later by lynching someone today

• Agree
Reactions: ChocoFox

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
i'd also add a general point here that choco's math is a bit off (relevant bits bolded):

so it doesn't matter if we nolynch today or not, we'll still lose the game by n4, assuming the doc is awful, vig doesn't shoot and we mislynch the next two days, which is the scenario choco proposed here, i think

we might as well give ourselves an extra bit of information and less possibilities for maf to hide amongst the different claims that are bound to happen sooner or later by lynching someone today
Thanks for pointing that out.

I've made up my mind. Since Roob has yet to claim who he healed.

unvote
vote Roobarb Pie

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'll be willing to drop my vote once he says who he claims. Unu is second on my list of suspects rn but I think getting Roob to claim who he healed first is more important for now.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
If it were just Choco's first post I would feel more justified in voting him since UNU brought up a good point, but with the latest analysis and admitting he was partially wrong on the math is giving me a slight townread on him now

Out of everyone who's posted so far, Okx jumps out at me more for memeing at first and following it up with a couple one line posts that mostly reiterate previous points that have been talked about. On one hand he could be seen as new to forum games and a bit nervous, but he has played a bit of Werewolf like a couple other new people here. (Duke, BetaPanda, TehBrian)

Might change this vote later if we finally get a good discussion, but that's where my reads are at

vote Okx

Okx

Donor
Reaction score
If it were just Choco's first post I would feel more justified in voting him since UNU brought up a good point, but with the latest analysis and admitting he was partially wrong on the math is giving me a slight townread on him now

Out of everyone who's posted so far, Okx jumps out at me more for memeing at first and following it up with a couple one line posts that mostly reiterate previous points that have been talked about. On one hand he could be seen as new to forum games and a bit nervous, but he has played a bit of Werewolf like a couple other new people here. (Duke, BetaPanda, TehBrian)

Might change this vote later if we finally get a good discussion, but that's where my reads are at

vote Okx
I've played werewolf in discord and have played one previous game of a social deduction game in a forum format (as is this). But honestly I haven't been keeping up with the thread, and haven't really had much to say when I do check it - I do rely on abilities more than reads (probably because it is easier). I will try to check this thread more often though.

• Confusing
Reactions: Aqua

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I do rely on abilities more than reads (probably because it is easier).
What do you mean by this? How does one rely on abilities without general reads to back it up? If the cop dies or is unlucky at choosing mafia the only way to distinguish who is scum is by reading people and counterclaims.

Okx

Donor
Reaction score
What do you mean by this? How does one rely on abilities without general reads to back it up? If the cop dies or is unlucky at choosing mafia the only way to distinguish who is scum is by reading people and counterclaims.
I'm not that good at reads.

• Sad
Reactions: BetaPanda

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount

Unusual_Dood: [1/7] Aqua

Chocofox: [1/7] Enderfive

Roobarb Pie: [1/7] Chocofox

Okx: [1/7] Alisha

Not voting: [10] Betapanda, Comp, Duke, Okx, Roobarb Pie, Rune, Shadow_Hunter3, TehBrian and Unsual_Dood

7 votes are required for a no-lynch.
7 votes are required for a lynch.

Deadline in 17 hours!

BetaPanda

Reaction score
I agree that we should lynch rather than nolynch because we can progress the game further, giving us a better chance to see a suspect more clearly in the next round i think ?? but i’m not sure who to vote though.

BetaPanda

Reaction score
Votecount

Unusual_Dood: [1/7] Aqua

Chocofox: [1/7] Enderfive

Roobarb Pie: [1/7] Chocofox

Okx: [1/7] Alisha

Not voting: [11] Betapanda, Comp, Duke, Okx, Roobarb Pie, Rune, Shadow_Hunter3, TehBrian and Unsual_Dood

7 votes are required for a no-lynch.
7 votes are required for a lynch.

Deadline in 17 hours!
By seeing the chart, i dont think we will manage to vote someone fully soon since everyone is voting separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.