[Solved] Tired of UUID corruption!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
With the new and sudden awareness of the /speed walk command, a great deal of us are now multiplying our movement speed up to 5 times original limitations. This is great and all, but there is a little problem I'd like fixed... and fixed right.

As anyone who has taken even a small moment to experiment with the /speed command will have noticed, first of all: why can't we change our flight speed? I want to fly faster without need of the 'Fast Flying' feather that simply tosses us in the horizontal direction we face (also noticing how if we face either up or down, it will always launch us up).
Secondly, to my original subject: we cannot set our land speed multiplier any higher than 5! Why might this be, for those who might ask? Because for some reason, if we run at 10 fold normal speed or higher for too long (time required shortened by higher speeds), we 'crash' and are unable to log back into build box until an admin resets our player UUID. I propose that, in order to solve this problem, why find out what causes us to crash when we combine NBT edited speed boots with this new(?) command. And yes, I did crash a few days ago for simply mixing the lesser boots (doubles run speed) with /speed walk 5, so this is how I managed to conclude the current minimum speed required to corrupt the UUID. All I ask is that the build box staff help find a way of preventing this from happening any more, for most importantly, this massive bug the size of china, is simply sitting right in the way of my ultimate build box goal (and for those who don't know it, I want to mathematically break the sound barrier by running approximately 340 meters per second, roughly 2.5 plots per second)!
If you wonder why I can do no more than request this bug to be fixed, it is because I presently don't know spaghetti about coding video games, so I will understand if this is too much to fix at this time.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Yes, it probably would, considering how the chunks load. But, you never know, what happens if /warp gets broken or we simply can't teleport for some derpy reason? would be useful to be able to go a little faster so we could find our plots efficiently.

• Disagree
Reactions: MetalGearSolis

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
If a warp gets broken then you make a new one. And if you can't get to your plot with /plot home:1 or :2 then ask an Op to take you to your home -- and if that doesn't work then Nill can fix it. Overall, I don't think it's necessary to multiply your speed with /speed walk or fly -- I don't know about those speed boots either -- do they contribute to lagging the server as well? Just use the feather \o/

• Informative
Reactions: Catcocomics

Catcocomics

Reaction score
The boots alone won't be able to contribute to lag, seeing as the feather is even faster than the +500% pair. Also, if there is any way to rewrite the chunk rendering engine to only render chunks directly ahead of people when they go really fast, do you think that might help?

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
fookin nillbog make me run fast without crashing wtf

If your entire argument as to why a buggy speed command should be kept is based in hypotheticals(if warp gets broken, if we can't teleport), and this is indeed the root of the UUID issue (hint: it's not the root, but may play a part in exacerbating the issue), then it seems like the easiest thing to do is to remove access to said buggy speed command, since making a new chunk rendering method... simply isn't possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.