Solitude V2 - What a blast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draco12

Reaction score
Day 1: I met... Enderman? He had taken the form of a human... he spoke to me...... and.... just left. I have no idea.

Blazingsand

Reaction score
I've waited until my second death to post this so it's fairly long, but here's my journal.
@Shinyshark

Day 1: Here we go again. Once more I've awakened in some barren land with no idea where I am.
As soon as I came to my senses, I felt radiation begin to eat away at my life.
Fearing the worst, I quickly grabbed some wood from a nearby tree (How it's surviving, I have no idea) and
dug into the earth. In my digging, I found a cave rich with iron and coal, and after a few... rennovations, I made a basic base. I began mining. and it didn't take long to replace my tattered radiation suit with a full set of power armor. After reminiscing for a while about my days with the Brotherhood of Steel, I decided that food should be my next priority. As I was constructing a simple wheat farm something odd occured. Out of nowhere, an enchanted wooden hoe popped into existance. I haven't the foggiest idea where it could have come from. I fear that I'm being watched, though perhaps by a benevolent person/being/thing this time. Either way, I'll have to stay on my toes. I grow tired, so for now I'll get some sleep. Tomorrow I'll head to the surface and see if I can find some resources.
Maybe I'll be lucky, and I'll find another survivor. Though meeting a raider or worse is just as likely.

Day 2: Tried scouting out the area. Wasn't able to explore for long before the radiation destroyed my armor (I guess I'm not as good a smith as those paladins back in the Brotherhood) though I was able to find mushrooms. Looks like stew tonight! My farm doesn't seem to want to produce any wheat, so a backup food source is comforting. I began digging a mine, and found much more iron. I also found some redstone! Using my rather basic knowledge of wiring, I built a radio, and a radio tower. I've set it to continually broadcast a simple message in an attempt to attract
other survivors. I thought again about the possibility of marauders, and crafted a sword. Can't be too careful after all. I then heard the sound of footsteps near my tower. Feeling hopeful, I ran outside to greet another survivor, only to see sheep. Not exactly the best company, but their wool allowed me to make a simple bed. It's not much, but it's better than sleeping on dirt.

Day 3: Received an odd broadcast today. It was partially garbled, but it said something about a G.E.C.K. (As if any of those still exist) and some group called the Authority. I didn't hear any mention of bombing runs, or of attacks, so I put it out of my mind. Later in the day, I was overjoyed to hear another person coming!
It was EphemeralKap, who had been traveling for a while. We spoke for a while, and a series of strange events occured. Firstly, the two of us burst into flame without warning, and my vision distorted several times. Then, much to our surprise, a sponge (The key component in creating a G.E.C.K) appeared out of nowhere.
We quickly crafted the remaining materials, and we started to set up a G.E.C.K. Kap then received a message on his Pip-boy saying something about a strange species of cow living in a nearby crater. We planned to get near said crater, dig beneath it, set up the G.E.C.K. to clear the crater of radiation, and lead the cow back to my base. We arrived at the crater, and Kap began to dig, only to fall to the bottom of the crater. I climbed down as quickly as I could, but I
was too late. I gathered what I could of his supplies, and took them with his body back to my base. I held a short funeral for Kap, and marked the place where I buried him with a simple stone.

Day 4: Today I resolved to construct this legendary G.E.C.K. It took a few minutes to assemble and activate it, but once I did the area around me instantly felt distinctly cleaner. Subsequent scans then showed that I had completely purified a fifty-meter radius around the G.E.C.K. After standing for almost an hour
breathing deep the clean air, I resolved to move my simple farm outside and build a decent house. After the construction was complete, more odd events began to take place. First, while climbing up to maintain my radio tower, a silverfish appeared as if out of nowhere, and almost made me fall to my death.
Still catching my breath, I saw some oddly behaving creepers off in the distance. I went to investigate, and suddenly saw a massive amount of explosions surrounding the same crater Kap and I had traveled to earlier, while lightning repeatedly struck the center of it. Shortly after it began, it stopped, leaving nothing
but a smaller craters and clouds of dust. No more oddities occured, so I decided it was safe and headed to bed. Tonight, I'll rest above ground for the first time in ages, in a home built with my own two hands. It was almost as if I was in the glorious days before the nuclear catastrophe. I only wish Kap could be here to see it.

Day 5: I've done a horrible thing... I... I killed a man... I don't know what came over me. I just... killed him. No provocation, no reason. We were friends... I couldn't help myself. Maybe I've lost my mind. Maybe... I don't know! I can't take the guilt! Here, in these mines, I write this now, before I end my life. I refuse to live after I stole the life of another without cause. My name is Blazingsand. I've been in these wastes for so long now. I've lived, I've fought,
I've killed, and now... I die. Goodbye, and Lee_Scar, if somehow you survived, forgive me...

• Winner
Reactions: GmK

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Maps been reset it looks like. entire overworld is clean. Went to where blazingsands base was, nothing. Also back to two lives. My vaults gone as well, oh well they randomly spawn time to wander aimlessly!
Though looks like leather armor is MEGA study now. ran about 3000 blocks to only have the helm at the breaking point.
Not a single heart of damage. Crafted another helm and ran another 500 blocks, now the rest of the armor is at red.
Seems the radiation is lighter now.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Maps been reset it looks like. entire overworld is clean. Went to where blazingsands base was, nothing. Also back to two lives. My vaults gone as well, oh well they randomly spawn time to wander aimlessly!
Though looks like leather armor is MEGA study now. ran about 3000 blocks to only have the helm at the breaking point.
Not a single heart of damage. Crafted another helm and ran another 500 blocks, now the rest of the armor is at red.
Seems the radiation is lighter now.
Indeed, read the announcement thread. Radiation was adjusted way too impossible for people to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.