Solitude V1 - Nuclear Winter

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
Sadly, the Chinese laboratory was already raided, and it's contents have new owners now.

Also, it appears as if there are daily napalm strikes now. We'd advise users to stay indoors when our alarms go off. Stay safe, adventurers.
This could explain why I saw a burning tree, Never imagined that the Chinese have already commenced some sort of bombing, Thanks for confirming this mate.

Adobewedge

Reaction score
@Shinyshark

Journal Entry 2:
The radio has been acting funny today. I should probably stay away from the area it's now locked onto, around 1550 distance from where I am. While I originally dismissed the first Napalm Strike as a joke since nothing actually happened, that wasn't the case the second time. Getting ready to fish and take more water to my farm, the strike reappeared on my radio, this time repeating the message along with "Get indoors." Probably good idea, since last time I missed that part.

Good thing I moved away from the area too, by the time I looked back to where I was standing, bombs were dropping in a line where my fishing pond was. The holes left by the bomb in the ice made my pause. I had seen similar holes in other frozen ponds before. I guess the strikes were more common than I gave them credit too.

In other news, I have a farm up and running, but it takes time to grow crops underground. Fishing helps pass the time. Also, and most importantly, I have a new Neighbor, a fellow by the name of @Baker93 . I'll just call him Baker though. He is setting up a cobblestone fort not to far from me. A little to... exposed for this place I think, but it might help him gather more friendly survivors. He seems to have acquired a set of gold armor, in stark contrast to my now complete iron set. How he managed to find the gold is beyond me.

I should probably get back to fishing, need to stay fed.

Shinyshark

Reaction score
Day 22.

I've started working on gathering the materials for the antenna and started on finishing my house. Seeing as there's nearly no sand at all, I had to go underground and find it due to China having older geograpichal layers. Yeah, I am getting pretty bored in here.

Day 23.

I got the materials for my house and the antenna! Huge succes!

Day 24.

I got around to building my house to it's end, It's now social enough for me to not go insane and I finaly have something to do! And not to mention the antenna being built, I thought it would be a better idea to link it to a generator in-case of thunderstorms...

Day 25.

Antenna's now working and it saddens me to be right, The antenna's sending a signal my pip-boy 3000 couldn't see.

It says "Nuke incoming, Prepare for detonation." Well f*ck.

mullaccm

Reaction score
Day 25.

Antenna's now working and it saddens me to be right, The antenna's sending a signal my pip-boy 3000 couldn't see.
It says "Nuke incoming, Prepare for detonation." Well f*ck.
And yeah, scaring people with fake radio frequencies is fun!

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Day 4.
I haven't posted in a few days due to unforseen circumstances. So I'll give you all that I can remember of the last few days.

Firstly, I found another base. Also raided. This one had a mine, so I made do with all the ores I could find to build myself a pickaxe and axe to collect resources. Apples seem to be abundant in this wasteland, so I'm never without food. More undead seem to gather in the southern regions of the world. Maybe the radioactive fallout there is much stronger.

Found another place today. Called death's door. Shoulda recognized it as a trap. Walk in and see the floor smouldering. Poorly designed trap only gives me half a heart damage. Maybe it's time I settled down.

Day 5.
Found more signs of previous civilisations today. They appeared to be abandoned. Not much to loot there. There appeared to be a wooden cross in between the two treehouses. Turns out some people hadn't abandoned religion after all during these bleak times. I wonder if religion caused the nuclear war like so many previous wars.

Found a cave this evening. Spent a good hour clearing it of zombies. They appear to be getting more and more restless.

My apple supply is slowly diminishing. Maybe I should venture outside for a top-up.

Maybe tomorrow.

Day 6.

Maybe staying in my cave was a better idea.

Started off at the crack of dawn, venturing from my sizeable hole. Didn't see the creeping thing approach from behind. Damn thing took a chunk of my leg with it. At that moment, another one approached, stumbling, I ran away as fast as I could. At that moment, the server crashed. When I reawoke, I found myself once again in the abyss. Turns out I wasn't to play the hunger games after all.

@Shinyshark

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
You pick up a long-distance Signal on your radio...
Radio Broadcast:
-------- Fort Kangaroo ----- Relatively safe ----- Have shelter for survivors ----- Located on offshore ------- Haven't been attacked yet ----- Look for the Defensive Wall! -------

Avalanche2114

Reaction score
Diary Note,

I explored a cave today and I was lucky to survive 3 creeper attacks while mining. I still have not found any sign of civilization and I was actually wondering if I was the only person left but that's not possible, is it? I feel like leaving my base and looking for civilization so I don't feel so alone but how can I be sure that they won't be hostile against me? Maybe I should just stay where I am and hope they come to me. I don't know.

@Shinyshark

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
@Shinyshark

Last Diary Entry

Day 52 - Quick Note

Today I arrived back at Fort Lumber, when I recognized a book in my chest back in Fort Lumber.
Rummaging through my items of survival, I recognize my diary and remember about my entries.

I had totally forgotten slightly about my adventures, so I reread them for nostalgia's sake.

Mini-entry - Day 2

Spent the night in a pine tree. It was rather frightening. Spiders kept trying to eat me, but fortunately they didn't have enough room to get to me. Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep, so I spent the day tired.

Found a frozen river in a valley, along with a pillar of cobblestone and an arrow made of cobblestone; Signs of life! I followed the arrow to find a small house, but with no one nearby. I explored a little more and found @LISTINGS09 warily. I hadn't known if he was my friend at the time, but he sure was. We talked about our first nights and rested until morning.

Mini-entry - Day 3

Listings brought me over to his cave, a little place we called 'Heaven.' Nothing too eventful happened today, and I'd still like to keep working with him, so not too much time to write.

Mini-entry - Day 6

Ran into two guys today; Pyro and Malacath . I knew Malacath from my old journal entries, but Pyro was new to me. We brought them to our cave, but Pyro insisted that he would go out in search of Sugarcane. We couldn't stop him as he ran up the stairs. Hopefully he'll live longer than most would.

Mini-entry - Day 7

Malacath went out to his fort. Once again, a not-so-eventful day.

Mini-entry - Day 12

It's been 6 days since we last saw Pyro. I doubt he's still alive.

Meanwhile, List showed me his secret stash of minerals. I'm glad he can trust me.

Mini-entry - Day 16

Malacath returned asking if he could live with us. Listings didn't trust him completely, but I knew he wouldn't harm us.

Mini-entry - Day 17

Malacath went out to get his valuables back at his fort. I'm sure he can handle himself.

Mini-entry - Day 19

Malacath returned safely. I knew he would return, and I'm glad we have a small group.

Mini-entry - Day 22

We dug out some more of the cave to get more room, when Malacath dug up some lava from above. Puzzled, and remembering something about a lava lake with treasure, he went to check it out. Soon after, lava fell down out staircase. What's going on?

Mini-entry - Day 23

I got rid of the lava, slowly, but we soon found lava later that day at our entrance. I think someone either wants to keep us in, or keep someone out...

Mini-entry - Day 24

We found ShinyShark today! I remembered him from my old journal entries, too! We brought him to our cave when we heard a transmission. Shiny was cringing at it, saying it was the Republic of China, who was planning on bombing us. He said he recalled the bombing happening before. Does that mean we could be in the past, or he could be from the future?

Mini-entry - Day 25

Not much happened today, but I'm glad nothing did.

Scratch that, we had a blackout (Which is weird, considering we had torches.) and we were attacked by monsters. I suggested we should repair what we can and fortify the place, and Listing and Malacath agreed.

Mini-entry - Day 28 29

I woke up from a good night's sleep, but to find myself in a place known as 'The Abyss.' Weird place. But... What was I doing here? Why did I lose all my items? What happened to List?

If I find anything out, I'll be sure to write it down in my journal.

Mini-entry - Day 30

The next day, I found out that I was transported to this new world for some reason. I was even told that I've been here before, and it's known as 'Primordia.' What a peculiar name.

Anyway, @Diago21 and I decided to enter a supposed portal back to the world I was previously in. I still wanted to find Listing. I hope he's alright.

Mini-entry - Day 31

When we went to sleep for the night, I woke up in a place we weren't in before, but I had all my items back, including my armor!

I went out to search for Diago. I'm not sure if he can survive with the limited resources he has...

Mini-entry - Day 32

I found Jayfeather21 and some others today. Jayfeather even had a sugarcane on him. We made a settlement known as Icecove, but nothing else really happened. We just set up our tents and slept until morning.

Mini-entry - Day 33

Woke up and found the place slightly destroyed. The sugarcane was still there, though. It even grew up to 2 sugarcane! I took one, for good measure and went to explore some more. I still had to find Diago.

Later on in the day, I found @Smaned ! All I heard was a sound of breaking glass, and saw him picking at ice. I think he was slightly wary of me, but I just passed by, said hello, and went along my way.

Mini-entry - Day 36

Still couldn't find Diago... I did find another one of these darn giant trees, though. I set up a base in this tree, as well as a radio station, and claimed the tree as 'Fort Lumber.'

I actually quite like it.

Mini-entry - Day 42

Went back to Icecove to find it being under attack. I saw @Jammy001 fighting the creatures there, too.

I ran back to my tree, as I was scared. I'll just go back tomorrow...

Mini-entry - Day 43

Went back to find they were still fighting. I helped out a bit, and then we talked.

Jammy apparently found a cave that was from the Republic of China and took the items there.

After we talked, I went back to my fort and slept for the night.

Mini-entry - Day 48

Went out and found an abandoned town on a frozen lake with no name, but a grave stating that @Shadowofgods and Twangwizz had died here... I freshened up their graves and planned to rebuild the town.

Mini-entry - Day 50

Rebuilt the town and named it Shizuka. I can say I'm proud of myself for doing this. I even built a radio tower!

I went back to check on Fort Lumber and Icecove, though. Will write more later.

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
Went out and found an abandoned town on a frozen lake with no name, but a grave stating that @Shadowofgods and Twangwizz had died here... I freshened up their graves and planned to rebuild the town.
I sure know how to respect the dead <3 (They both died infront of me when we went into cave...Was filled with creeper's.

Reactions: Duffie

Shinyshark

Reaction score
Day 26.

I wake up to see my panic room was blown to shit, Wonder what did it seeing as my home is in perfect shape. All the chests are a-ok too and noone even dared to break a block, Was it perhaps the Chinese?!

Day 27.

It's getting quite boring around here, Noone passes by anymore. I'm still working on getting the antenna high enough to try and get Intel from the U.S but I fear for the worst, If the chinese can just do what they want here without the U.S army getting involved then something's gone terribly wrong...

Day 28.

Antenna's done now, I also tried to make a bit of my own food with the seeds I still have. My house is getting a bit more to the part where Sanity is driving that hell out of my head, Tho I don't know man; I feel lonely here!

Day 29.

I found avalanche in a frozen cobblestone fort, Poor basterd was there looking for people. Luckily I went out there, I'm no longer alone and maybe now I have a better chance to survive against the wild-life and those chinese gits!

Shinyshark

Reaction score
Bossfight on the 31st
Bring on the firebombing, Chinese soldiers with Damage III bows in enchanted diamond armor all varying in level 30 enchantments with diamond swords that have Sharpness III along with knockback II and the nuclear explosion to top it if we survive this giant ****-fest.

Hail china .-.

Reactions: Duffie and torty

Avalanche2114

Reaction score
Diary entry,

I left my base so I could find civilization. I discovered a small ghost town called icecove. It was so cold and I was sure I was seeing something at the corner of my eye but vanished when I looked at it. I looked around and found names of some of the people who lived there. One name sounded very familiar and I have heard a lot about this person. I then found a small tree house that to my surprise had coordinates to multiple locations. This was a major opportunity to find civilization. One of them directed to Shizuka, a place which I have been to before and is the place where I found some now deceased friends.

On my way to Shizuka I found some items just dumped in a pond somewhere. I called out just to see if anyone was still there but unfortunately they must of left. I continued onwards and I found it but it instantly bought back bad memories of the place. So many of my friends died there and I was worried I was next. I entered the fort and things have changed there. The floor was now dirt and some of my old friends had graves. One of the graves had a name which I remember seeing in icecove but I never knew him. As I finished looking around the place I turned around and I found a man standing there in iron armour and holding a diamond sword in his hand. I should of been scared but I was overjoyed. His name was Shinyshark, we were both glad to see eachother and he gave me food. He allowed me to stay in his house. I'm so glad that I am not alone, I hope we are not the only two and others will show up.

@Shinyshark