Solitude V1 - Nuclear Winter

Avalanche2114

Reaction score
Diary entry,

I lay here, burnt from the whoever thought it was a good idea to make a lava trap where I was staying a few days before a BOSS FIGHT! I'm not going to survive this, I tried looking for water but I was too late. I can barely move my legs and I have about just enough energy to write this so I'll be as quick as I can before Sovngarde takes me.

I would like to thank all my friends who assisted me in my adventure here. Ooglie101, you was with me from the very beginning and if it wasn't for you I would of died at day 1. ShadowofGods, Twangfizz and Shande, I only knew you for a very short amount of time as you risked your lives for me and you offered me a place where you live after I stole your sugar cane supply when radiation was still around. Finally I would like to thank Shinyshark who let me into his home and was extremely generous and trustworthy. You were all great friends to me and I hope whoever of you are left survive until the very end.

@Shinyshark

omn

Reaction score
Diary Extracts

Day 80:
Radio has finally died and this time I can't fix it. Well I suppose it's not the end of the world (ha!). Haven't heard a thing since that cryptic message on day 17 anyway and at least I don't have to spend hours each day tuning into empty static. Just think of all the extra time I will have down here to solve crosswords. Wonder if I will miss the radio.

Day 155:
Heard more explosions last night. From the size of the explosions I have to conclude Creepers are still roaming the surface. I had hoped their annihilation would have been one of the few benefits of nuclear war but I guess they are immune to radiation. Sad.

Day 235:
The surface radiation sensors have died. This morning I woke up to find the sensors reporting no radiation at all. If I didn't know better I might head outside! Oh well, the the sensors have worked long enough to allow me to plot the decay time. I'll be down here for another two years I guess.

Day 236:
Disaster! A creeper has "crept" into the bunker. I took a look up the entrance ladder this afternoon to see it staring back down at me behind the inner hatch as if to say "niccce bunker"! I can only assume the outer hatch has been destroyed in an earlier explosion and it's somehow found it's way in. I can't go near that ladder now. I hope it doesn't explode.

Day 238:
The Creeper has detonated! The inner hatch is breached! Rain water is now dripping into the bunker. Why on Earth did it detonate? The explosion shook the place up and the venting systems have failed. I have put on my hazmat suit and am now using the portable air canisters. With a limited supply of air I have no choice but to evacuate the bunker and hope to find alternative shelter.

I know I am supposed to activate the bunker self-destruct so it doesn't fall into "enemy hands", but I think I'll give it a miss. The Creeper blast has damaged some of the circuitry and it's not the kind of thing I want to try fixing. I can't tell for sure but I strongly suspect from analyzing the thing that if I pull that lever the count-down will certainly start, but it will start from zero...

Day 239:
It's a miracle! There's no radiation at the surface. It took me a while to trust the suit sensor, but there really is no radiation up here! The surface sensors hadn't malfunctioned after-all! Turns out that Creeper was actually a blessing. If it hadn't detonated and forced me out I could have been down there for two years for nothing. I don't understand though. A few days ago the radiation was off the chart and then suddenly the sensors read zero. It's as if some kind of god had flicked a switch and turned the radiation off. This changes everything. The place is booming with life. Trees, sheep, pigs...creepers.

Day 242:
I fixed the radio today. No sooner had I flipped the switch the screen blinked with:

Received transmission (1122 m): Fort Terranotgon Friendly

About a kilometer away. Further than I've explored so far. Could be a trap I suppose, but I'll head out that way tomorrow.

Day 243:

Abandoning the bunker and heading for this Fort Terranotgon. I've crafted a compass from iron and redstone and that's picking up the transmission fine.

If there's nothing there I will have to head back to the bunker. To this end I have
reluctantly activated the radio transmitter and the bunker is now transmitting it's position to anyone within 2 kilometers. I know I am not supposed to do that according to the rules but I figure the rules have changed.

I leave these diary extracts precisely because I have activated the beacon. To serve as a warning. I realize some might be attracted by the transmission and enter the bunker. if you do, please heed the warning in the diary above. The self-destruct system in the bunker is FAULTY. Why anyone would want to pull a lever marked "self-destruct - last resort" in the first place is beyond me... But this is a fair warning.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Day ??? - Final Message

Today, I chose to give up.

After wandering for survival for days, without any sort of enjoyment, just running for survival... I decided to turn toward the other world.

I lay my stuff in place of the last tree I cut down, along with a sign and a torch.

For whoever finds this, be sure to take care of my things.

I'm sure a copy of my journal will be with me on my way back.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Duffie Shirayuki