Solitude needs your help!

• Thread starter Deleted member 4601
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4601

Solitude has been released for a week, and for a server that has just been released for a week it's not doing terribly well. We're aware of that, and that's why we need you to help us out - we're trying our best to improve it, and we need your feedback as to what we should do with the server. Thanks a whole bunch!

Click here!

Fill up the form!

Last edited by a moderator:

Iggish

Reaction score
1. Smp isn't only about surviving, it's about building aswell. The fact that grief is a legal action now discourages people from building big and nice builds for fear of them being destroyed by some TNT happy fellow.

2. Quite frankly, going around outside with a pumpkin on your head is a pain in the ***. The visibility is crappy anf this aswell discourages building outside.

3. Cities look shit, and I mean SHIT! They could atleast look good.

4. lack of coords prevent people from teaming etc.

5.lack of CLANS is annoying. The prospect of building a base together brings people on.

6. As far as i know there are no dias in the world. This means no enchantment tables which in turn mean no enchants (maybe have an enchant table in a building somewhere? (might already be a thing idk)

7. Aside from this, i have no complaints. The main issues are the pumpkin and definitely the building factor.

(after writing all this i just realised it's a suggestion thread not a rant thread. o well xD)

Maybe we can have it like rival cities or something? idk

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
1. Smp isn't only about surviving, it's about building aswell. The fact that grief is a legal action now discourages people from building big and nice builds for fear of them being destroyed by some TNT happy fellow.

2. Quite frankly, going around outside with a pumpkin on your head is a pain in the ***. The visibility is crappy anf this aswell discourages building outside.

3. Cities look shit, and I mean SHIT! They could atleast look good.

4. lack of coords prevent people from teaming etc.

5.lack of CLANS is annoying. The prospect of building a base together brings people on.

6. As far as i know there are no dias in the world. This means no enchantment tables which in turn mean no enchants (maybe have an enchant table in a building somewhere? (might already be a thing idk)

7. Aside from this, i have no complaints. The main issues are the pumpkin and definitely the building factor.

(after writing all this i just realised it's a suggestion thread not a rant thread. o well xD)

Maybe we can have it like rival cities or something? idk
While I understand you, 1,4 and 5 have always been like that on solitude, however some sort of clans could be cool, and while i dont see coordinates becoming a thing, something that would be an awesome feature would be a compass for all clan members, that points towards clan base, or even other clan members =)

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Giants are useless, glitchy, annoying, and don't even aggro anything nor do they drop items. They only serve as buggy jump scares, please remove them.

Fire rats are OP and so are cave spiders.

Dropped items despawn in less than a minute. This is ridiculous and annoying.

Having a compass should serve some purpose. Perhaps if they actually worked with North South East West directions, they would be nice.

Pumpkins should have some sort of decay indicator with a countdown, like the thirst feature.

Rain should double the radiation effects, if outside.

There should be some manner of reward for surviving to level 30.

A buildable structure able to interact with the spawn ship or shops would also be great, a kind of trading feature.

Expand the map size every so often. This is better than resetting the map entirely.

If two people decide to meet up and cooperate, they should be able to set their compasses to point to the other's location.

...also, turn fire spread back on. This is Solitude, after all.

Last edited:

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
It didn't even cross my mind that griefing was allowed. I haven't spent much time on the server, but the time I have spent has been a bit strange to say the least. I've always liked the concept, and adding extra survival measures is a good thing for me. I haven't come across the new mobs yet, and spent little time outside. But there are a few suggestions I think I can make:

- People building clans could use a very generic map (with the prespawned cities and maybe an extra landmark of note like a forest or lake). This would help clan members who die to get a direction to travel, though distances may be unavailable.
- Though I haven't traveled much, adding places to travel to would be good. Of course, grief makes this a problem, you'll have to add block protection to the special places, but random shops scattered around the map and some nifty puzzle/maze challenges with a respawning chest of useful stuff would help get people out and about.
- Since a resource pack was mentioned in another thread anyway, a cool resource pack that makes everything themed would get some attention. Pumpkins become gas masks, the guns and ammo look like guns and ammo, basic blocks look beaten up etc. Maybe a bigger task than anyone has time for, but an idea at least.
- There honestly needs to be some incentive to not stay underground forever, or at least some extra danger to it. The little time I've spent has been building a quick base of operations, which covers all my basic needs. But now I'm left to do a bit of digging to finish up my gear set, then explore. Of the past solitude experiences, only the giant city felt like it was worthwhile to explore, and even then a lot of that was done through sewers. Maybe if you sprinkled a bunch of silverfish underground or something, so it at least feels like I need to watch myself while down there, cause I like the challenge of this server but it's all outdoors. Maybe a ghost mob that dies to direct sunlight but can move through stone?
- It seems like water no longer does damage to you? I thought this was a good thing.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
Just found me a silverfish. Exactly the surprise I was asking for, and nearly shit myself. I think maybe they should be more common though, unless it depends how deep you are. And water is doing damage again. It wasn't the other night for some reason, but does now.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I don't really feel that Solitude deserves my help.
I never have enjoyed it (I really disagree with most of Solitude's core mechanics, such as global radiation), and hell, even its creator has harassed me.
I petition to just let Solitude die peacefully instead of trying to drag out a long and painful odyssey that will eventually just end in Solitude's demise anyway.

If you want any of my ideas, I'll be happy to give a few suggestions for making a legitimate smp.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
I never have enjoyed it (I really disagree with most of Solitude's core mechanics, such as global radiation), and hell, even its creator has harassed me.
I petition to just let Solitude die peacefully instead of trying to drag out a long and painful odyssey that will eventually just end in Solitude's demise anyway.

If you want any of my ideas, I'll be happy to give a few suggestions for making a legitimate smp.
Don't act so entitled. You are owed nothing.

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score

Well then go contribute to the below;

http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/smp-server-proposal-feedback-thread.19525

Feedback is still feedback. I'm not a fan either but the creators still put work into something aimed for the community. So yeah, maybe go put some more helpful contributions in that thread.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score

whoever removed negative ratings here put them back jesus

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
even its creator has harassed me.
Sorry, but when did I ever harass you?
I have no memory of ever harassing anyone.

I think it was a mistake on my part to leave the teasers so open end. Causing so many people thinking that SMP or something SMPish was coming out. When infact Solitude is no closer to an SMP than say RoF, AoD, or Create.

But yeah, the more feedback you give. The better we can see what needs to be changed.

• Love
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Sorry, but when did I ever harass you?
I have no memory of ever harassing anyone.

I think it was a mistake on my part to leave the teasers so open end. Causing so many people thinking that SMP or something SMPish was coming out. When infact Solitude is no closer to an SMP than say RoF, AoD, or Create.

But yeah, the more feedback you give. The better we can see what needs to be changed.
Well, you missed your opportunity for April Fools with that fake kami (smp simulator) screenshot.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
I dont want to offend anyone but I feel like the hype got a bit buzzkilled (for me), I was expecting Kami 2.0 with improved storyline, less chest rules and grief rules but then on the other hand you get this (not offending! I liked the previous solitude so much but this just feels like a good idea presented at the wrong moment in a not so good condition)

Jumping back on topic, remove the giants, very annoying mobs that are glitchy and dont fit in really good, maybe a bit more wastelandish look cause c'mon you give devestated city's as if a nukestrike came down days ago and then you walk around in a happy green forest with a few special mobs but further nothing special.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I posted my thoughts on the forum.

Clans should definitely a thing. The thing that made the server fall down was the fact that the only way to find people was to annoy the moderators about tping you or to someone or magically stumble across someone (who might not want you on their team at all)