Solitude - INFORMATION TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatalis

Reaction score
INTRODUCTION:
Welcome to the Blocktopia Solitude server! There is only one goal: survive. The server is similar to a normal survival server, except for several twists; the lack of foliage and plants, the wasteland, radiation and the ruined buildings. What caused this is a mystery, but there is no time to contemplate how this world came to be while you are fighting for your life.

RADIATION:
One key feature of Blocktopia Solitude is the presence of Radiation. This causes damage to you whenever you are outside and not protected. It is seemingly random if you take a few hits or receive a deadly amount. You can also stop radiation by staying inside. You cannot hear radiation, you cannot smell it, you cannot see it.

THE WASTELAND:
Whatever caused the collapse of civilization also wiped the planet of many plants and trees, including wiping all but very small patches of grass off of the world. Skeletons of trees remain as do some more hardly plants (i.e, pine trees), but most plants are gone. The landscape is painted brown as it stretches on for miles.

OTHER PEOPLE:
They always say strength in numbers, but again, its a risk. Despite the name of the server being Solitude, you are all but alone. Is someone watching you? Do they want to help or hurt you? Who can you trust? Who will you kill?

RADIO TOWERS:
Another unique feature of Solitude is the addition of Radio Towers. These are created by placing an iron block and powering it with Redstone. Placing a sign on the iron block will let you write a message. You can use iron bars on top of the radio tower to increase its range (50 blocks for each iron bar). People with a compass or with other radio towers in range of yours will be able to receive the signal.

That should get you started off in the world of Solitude.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Which 1.3 SMP server? :confused:
I think he's talking about the 1.3 server that replaced Solitude for about a day before the 1.3 one came out?
(Guessing since that was the only 1.3 SMP I remember from recently, and I don't know if that's truly what he means, since its a guess)

radman573

Reaction score
Which 1.3 SMP server? :confused:
smp.blocktopia.net:25561 It is called Blocktopia Solitude server and it has everything that is mentioned above in it. Everything is dirt (no grass) and large bare trees. When you respawn, it says- "you wake up in a strange place". There are also ruins with mob spawners in it.

It even says the server on the sidebar, considering it is the only 1.3.1 server that is up, it didn't expect peeps to be confused which server I was speaking about.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
smp.blocktopia.net:25561 It is called Blocktopia Solitude server and it has everything that is mentioned above in it. Everything is dirt (no grass) and large bare trees. When you respawn, it says- "you wake up in a strange place". There are also ruins with mob spawners in it.

It even says the server on the sidebar, considering it is the only 1.3.1 server that is up, it didn't expect peeps to be confused which server I was speaking about.
...your resistance to irony amazes me.

Anyways - we don't have a 1.3 SMP server!

We only have one server for 1.3, and that is Solitude.

radman573

Reaction score
So if we have a Solitude server already, than what is this about? :confused:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh it's an informative thread :D

I thought it was suggesting that we should have a solitude server *facepalm*

Status
Not open for further replies.