Reaction score
Name of the map: Sockor
Author: Jivvi
Screenshots: imgur.com/a/MfpXl
Category: Minigame / PvP
Worlds required: Overworld
Gamemode / Difficulty: Anything other than peaceful
Download: http://ge.tt/5mP8ky42/v/0
Overview: Fairly basic soccer game, I guess. Players are equipped with a set of items for use against the ball and other players: an iron axe (knockback 13, durability expends at a highly accelerated rate), a stick (knockback 3, infinite durability), two pairs of chainmail boots (one to provide a jumping-oriented set of buffs, another to provide a swiftness-oriented), a team indicator, a boundless supply of creeper eggs that function as instant point-blank explosions, and another infinite supply of snowballs that explode on impact. Players are imbued with enough resistance to nullify damage and saturation. The goal is to knock the slime into the nets at either end, with each team defending their own insignia. While in the centre ring, the ball rapidly changes size, until it exits the ring and retains it current size. Knocking the ball back into the ring will resume randomisation. After each goal, the ball it reset at the centre ring and players have their iron axe durability restored. Any players, or mobs, that fall off the field will be teleported to the centre also. In the lobby, players will be set to spectator mode, and may proceed straight to the map to watch the game, or decide on a team before entering play. The two teams consist of Purple and Cyan, with each player having a team-coloured glass helmet, and a grey version for spectators, who are also invisible. Spectators have a substantial weakness debuff to prevent interference, and their projectiles are disabled. I would highly recommend not prodding the title/scoreboard mechanics, as there's a ton and they don't like working. Playsounds and particles are also used extensively. not sure if i left anything out. hope it's enjoyable

Last edited:
Reactions: JayJay and Naoh

JayJay

The Melon
Reaction score
Your screenshots are great, it looks like a well thought-out map so a huge well done on that!
In my opinion, its a different version of Football Pitch [By Chicken] but it`s definitely got some different things in it to make it a different map and these differences are very interesting like the snowballs etc. I can tell you must`ve put a ton of work into this with all them command blocks and the complexity of the game itself. Overall, very good-looking map and if it works as it should, I would love to see this on the map list. Good luck Jivvi! [BCOLOR=#ffffff]+1[/BCOLOR]