so i guess ER is finally dead?

SnapFlash

Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Been sitting on this thread for 5-something minutes just thinking.

I've been privy to a lot of the discussions surrounding ER's stagnation. Unlike a lot of people, I've always attempted to act out a path that satisfies the qualms of everyone - while I'm not a super techie guy these days, this does show in my attitude; I try to stay relatively passive and provide suggestions when and where I can.

I think at the end of the day, it's important to realize that many people who were once on this platform didn't have ER grow out of them. They grew out of ER. They became adults, they carried heavier burdens, their daily schedules were more filled than they had previously been as teenagers.

And overall, from a pragmatic perspective, I think it is better to design a platform around the people, because the people will always be what contributes to it. That being said, all of this is my point-of-view on the subject, and I'm in no shape/way/form meant to lead this place. I'm just a wistful old man at heart these days, and I offer advice to anyone willing to listen.

What they do with that advice, whether they choose to ignore it or apply it - none of that is my business, frankly. I'll still love them anyways.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cstar

OgroovysamO

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Been sitting on this thread for 5-something minutes just thinking.

I've been privy to a lot of the discussions surrounding ER's stagnation. Unlike a lot of people, I've always attempted to act out a path that satisfies the qualms of everyone - while I'm not a super techie guy these days, this does show in my attitude; I try to stay relatively passive and provide suggestions when and where I can.

I think at the end of the day, it's important to realize that many people who were once on this platform didn't have ER grow out of them. They grew out of ER. They became adults, they carried heavier burdens, their daily schedules were more filled than they had previously been as teenagers.

And overall, from a pragmatic perspective, I think it is better to design a platform around the people, because the people will always be what contributes to it. That being said, all of this is my point-of-view on the subject, and I'm in no shape/way/form meant to lead this place. I'm just a wistful old man at heart these days, and I offer advice to anyone willing to listen.

What they do with that advice, whether they choose to ignore it or apply it - none of that is my business, frankly. I'll still love them anyways.
This. Also the name change was still a stupid idea. Blocktopia was an iconic name and should've been kept, even with the expansion out of Minecraft.

Brave

Reaction score
This. Also the name change was still a stupid idea. Blocktopia was an iconic name and should've been kept, even with the expansion out of Minecraft.
agree with keeping blocktopia but damn, sad to see ER finally die. it was amazing while it lasted.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
It didn't really die, but if we were nation, then we had fertility collapse back in 2012 year
There was free classic + smallish central list of servers = lots of people cramming into most popular servers.
Effectively this is "retirement home" now, as more people leave, than new people come there.

Also I see that mostly antique people visited this thread
In the end we became event community like 8 years ago

Last edited:
Reactions: Vrgin