SMPoll

What SMP did you play?

• Total voters

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Since 9th SMP will be up in coming months if not weeks, then I shall do small poll related to SMP.
In comments you can review SMPs and clans, that you were part of.

I'll review SMP clans.
SMP3 - I got premium and joined SMP, I was total noob, and then I moved to Terragon or other clan made by Classic Lava people.

Legends of Primordia - I joined Gaia first as I wanted peace, and then moved to Dagon (Most dedicated people were from Classic Lava, and we all know how warm and funny CLS server people were), as I went for Nobility and Blacksmith.

Vanilla SMP - I was in Zombe/Rothwildir/CTY/SkyBaseGangster clans.
Zombe was like stock clan - nothing unusual, and CTY was made by Classic Zombie people.
Rothwildir and SBG were like mini Terragon, SBG was too close to spawn for people not liking PvP.
At this point interest of Classic Lava people in SMP was starting to die along with Classic Minecraft.

Journey to Elysium - I was part of Snowfall, then something went horribly wrong and became part of Hobbiton which was absorbed into glorious Sancti Crustlum.

Dusk of Discordia - I created my own clan of Uranium as I wanted PvE zone. I wanted to join
Classic Lava people, but on other hand they lost interest in SMP after 2 - 3 months.

Kami's Realm - I joined Terramus (Earth) - a clan of underground diamond diggers.

Shouts out go to Araidian, Biblius, Brickwolf, Shande, Jammy, Paceboys, Terre, Jubjubers Danni, Jackamel, Nottykitten Sparklymuffinz and SMP Directors
Without you SMPs would be bland and boring as singleplayer minecraft.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Booblius, your profile said you left community in September 2011 and came back in end of February 2012, this means you skipped Primordia altogether. Unless you came to this server few times on your leave.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I played LoP on and off, but I wasn't really on the forums or anything

Just a *little* creepy to go through my profile like that, my dude

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I played LoP on and off, but I wasn't really on the forums or anything

Just a *little* creepy to go through my profile like that, my dude
Sssssory for going like thisssss but I just wanted to know :)
I like going trough old stuff on forums and profiles - it feels like I was exploring ruins of old city.

Hmmmm 2 people less voted on Kami than Discordia? Intresting.
Votes are placed as excepted in general, but that kami...

Read my sig x)
104 deaths in smp4 but we had 10 EMT bases around the map.
Vrgin 77thShad
Hmmm raiders.. there were a lot of you on Vanilla SMP :p

• Optimistic
Reactions: Undefined User 7

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I don't remember my time on primordia though I was there

I'm pretty sure I was there for the opening of JtE and DoD

And I played Kami a lot.

Not sure which the four elements SMP was (the one with Air, Water, Earth and Fire?) but I was in fire and I remember building a derpy house and being that one person who knew absolutely nothing about survival and depending on others to keep me alive, well then...that's a bit depressing.

ANYWAYS.
-Jen

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Primordia
Joined somewhere around Febuary 2012 (just after the previous server I was a regular at, Freebuilddude, had died to a lack of donations. Such heartbreak.), lead there when searching "Adventure" in Spoutcraft's server library.
This is how I encountered Blocktopia, and I spent many months playing the adventure maps there until it died somewhere around July or August of the same year (I was very badly reminded of Freebuilddude's fate by this, and went on to playing more Survival Games on a specific chain of server, as well as playing a factions/mcmmo server that I tried doing steampunk stuff on).
I didn't return to BT until my cousin (once known as Flare10101) brought me to see Build Box during December of 2012.
It wasn't until a few months later that I realized that I had never been to Primordia, but rather, A&T 1 (which was remembered to being far better than A&T 2, despite A&T 2's many events. This is likely due to how Hypixel had vastly changed our standards for maps, and A&T 2 didn't have many great maps).
TL:DR
The sever for LoP was not updated on Spoutcraft after it changed from LoP to A&T 1, the latter of which I joined early in its life.

JtE
I started out knowing next to nothing about this SMP's gimmicks (a common theme with me and SMPs anywhere around that time).
I tried starting a house in a snow area, but it immediately got griefed. Biblius informed me that it was a PvP zone, and I basically ended up joining his clan. I then had very memorable adventures on BB.

DoD
I got spawn camped by BuildBuild when I was starting out (and he had full iron, so rip).
I later came back in the last month or two of DoD's life span and joined some town (I can't remember what it was called), where I found many diamonds (by use of knowing the pattern in which diamonds generate in) and made much armor and weapon.
I was so clueless about how long the server had left that I tried growing tons of pumpkins in preparation for Halloween.
Found out about the upcoming ending event, which I found would be taking place only about 1000-2000 blocks from where I was already at, and I joined the town directly involved to help with the preparations.
Ended up making a fair number of potions and a ton of cakes. Anyone remember the "cakes of hope"? After waves and waves of Hypixel mobs (a nickname I give to mobs that are complete tanks with 200+ hp), we finally had the leader of (was it the Crimsons?) show up, and we defeated him just before the beacon thing could be destroyed.

Kami's Realm
I joined Mutaro, and soon fled to Feng Qi's base for obvious reasons.
As I recall, everyone except Mutaro was super-raid-mode, and everyone except Mutaro had anti-raid defences (it took weeks for our walls to actually exist).
In the last month of KR's life span, I joined a town run by Myusername, where I got to spend much time fishing peacefully as an Inkling.
This town could easily have been compared with the Order of the White Lotus from Avatar, Last Airbender (though our town wasn't very cryptic).
People were so disinterested in KR, there was no ending event, so it just was like "bye, I don't exist anymore".
I'm sure many people still blame KR for last year's decline.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
My main memory of Primordia was being the richest player on there

• Optimistic

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
what the actual...
Well some people on classic lava acted kinky/weirdly/funny and I liked it, as it got me smirking at least.
If there are 20 people on server, where is not much to do for example lava survival, then people start roleplaying and joking :p

You missed a chance to say SMPoll
OMG Vatumok can you rename thread to "SMPoll"
Real shame I didn't named thread like this instantly :)

Thanks Vatu :D

Last edited:

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
I got premium during the mid part of the LoP. Still to this day was the best SMP yet by far.

I played a bit of Marn's SMP4, but I became board of it since I was playing by myself.

JTE, I boycotted it due to the actions of a certain Director on the forums.

DoD was fun until the RoF clan died out. Causing the same effect as in SMP4.

Kami had so much promise and potential... But plugs wouldn't work and its staff failed you guys :(

Solitude... Ah yes, if I got a nickel for all the ideas that were amazing in my head, but where shit in reality. I would be a millionaire. The server was rushed and not tested out very well. I blame myself, my inexperience, and irl health issues for its failure. Sorry guys :(

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
SMPs Before SMP3 - MindCrafty's server, the extremely temporary Alpha servers, JabJab's(?) essentially creative servers... So many SMPs, all mostly temporary or experimental.

SMP3 - If I recall, this was the one with... Lantern and the other clan, that I was apart of... It's also when I first started Shizuka, but got horribly raided by Lantern and the other clan as a result of leaving them...

Legends of Primordia - Hi, I was the leader of Gaia... Never again.

Vanilla SMP - I believe I only played it for a bit, but I tried to solo after my horrible experience with Primordia.
Edit: No, wait, I actually joined up with a bunch of people at a stronghold in this one. Well, more like I was befriending everyone in the stronghold, and secretly stealing behind everyone's back, just to mess with them. ;)

Journey to Elysium -Solo once again, but started to lose interest in Minecraft as a whole.
Edit: Actually, I ended up joining a port town, I believe. It was a nice and quaint town, but I ended up losing interest shortly after ConstructionBoy stole all of my diamonds whilst I was rebuilding my house. I was extremely disappointed that I couldn't kill him...

Dusk of Discordia - More solo, but was slowly getting back into Minecraft... Sadly, not fast enough, as the servers got empty really quick after I started playing again. x)

Edit: Unlisted Servers

First Solitude - An amazing experience, lots of not knowing what to expect, and lots of running around in a dirt desert and finding mushrooms to fend off radiation. Very fun, lots of RP~

I was actually in EphmeralKap's town, all up until he went crazy after someone set up his house to be blown up with TNT. After that, we tried to fix up the town, only for me to wake up and find that the town was raided, pillaged, and empty. Went on a journey with @Shadowofgods, only to get noticed by The Enclave / Iguana, and running into The Brotherhood of Steel / Melacath(?). We all ended up regrouping with stragglers of Kap's town and some Brotherhood of Steel's, and eventually rerouted to their island base. We then had an epic boss battle against 5+ Ghasts, in which I died before the fight finished. <3

Snowy Solitude - With the knowledge of the last Solitude, I set out on an adventure, and started to set up signs listing the locations of other signs, to lead people places. I eventually ran into The Rubberband, and started living with them underground, only to wake up one day and found lava on the floor, everywhere! I survived, but we were obviously raided, and I set out to make a castle and radio station.

Iron-City Solitude - Not the best of the bunch, but I ended up playing this one alongside my brother, which was pretty nifty. Didn't find it quite as fun, though, as materials weren't hard to find... You know, because the city was made of iron.

Radiated Desert Solitude - You couldn't stand in the sun in this Solitude, and there were craters with high levels of radiation. A better experience than the city, but everyone died due to logging in to exposed radiation, either from spawning in the sun, or spawning in the craters...

Last edited:
  • Informative