SMP weekly youtube series.

Should I actually do this, and/or does it sound FUN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Just to note, if this happens, I will record for this every Saturday (I'll do my best to keep the times consistent, and to be there, but if I somehow miss a day, I'd like for someone who is involved to record instead)
at (time of day presently unknown).
This is mostly for FUN!!!, and I want it to be humorous and entertaining to watch (so I'm not going to be recording anything tedious like your average mining trip, though something tedious may appear every now and again in the show with its own little quirk; like finding diamonds and then a creeper walks up...).

If you wish to be a major part of this, I recommend you do the following:

Bring something unique to the show because we don't want 10 copies of steve running around doing the exact same thing at the exact same time; that'll just be boring.

Keep profanities to a minimal: I know this is EscRestart and we have all this freedom of speech thing, but also keep in mind that this series is going to be on my youtube channel (if you can call it a channel at this point), and I want to keep my content appropriate for all audiences.

*Be here consistently: you don't have to be on the show every single day, but try not to be absent too much. Best to make sure you will have your next two hundred-or-so Saturdays free.

*Sign up here, I will keep a list of people who are signed up somewhere below (will update this a few times each week). All you have to do is state you'd like to join and that you have a free-enough schedule (and if you want, what role you intend to play in this).

*make sure you have teamspeak: trust me, it's better this way. If you don't have it, get it.

Be ready to record if I'm gone: I know that most of my Saturdays always have been and, for the next few years, will be free, but sometimes I might have something (like an unexpected trip to dad's cabin) cause me to be absent, so I will want someone who can record at the given time.

Some experience or talent in acting is particularly welcome in the case that we receive a skit to play out**.

*these 'recommendations' are more or less necessities.

**Yes, we will be have some scripting, but I'll make sure that everyone approves of it (for a logical reason) before we play it out. Further information near the end of this post.

Sometime after this post, I will get teamspeak (a link to help me get it would be nice), so that we can communicate more effectively with each other and make it a little easier on the viewers so they don't have to read the dialog... and so we can convey our reactions more effectively.

Skits:​
We will be accepting scripted events to help keep things interesting (don't worry, we'll still have some free playing). After the first episode (which will be recorded when the new SMP opens), I will open a new thread specifically for skit submissions. I want these skits to include the following:

Take into account each person's intended character; if even one person has to act out-of-role (unless for a specified reason), the skit will be ignored.

Take into account the areas in our general vicinity; we're not walking 3 kilometers just to get to some random place we've not heard of before. I do want for us to get out of our home area every now and then, but we're not hiking around to globe (unless you can/will take us to the intended place and back for the episode).

Keep the script appropriate for all audiences; this has already been explained.

Final notes:
if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
I put this thread here because there is not currently a thread for the new SMP. When the new SMP comes out, I would like this thread moved to the new SMP's thread.

Cast:
[Due to how Kami's Realm is set up, having a definite cast list really just won't work.]​

Last edited:

parquette

Reaction score
I like this idea. If I wanted to be on it, would it be all right if I did it from time to time? I'm prettu sure I wouldn't be able to do it every Saturday. And what times on Saturdays are you planning on doing this?

Catcocomics

Reaction score
i wouldnt mind helping but tbh ill just be digging all day
That's nice... ummm... *totally doesn't search for anything on yout-* "I'm a dwarf and I'm digging a hole!"
All seriousness though, this is fine as long as you come up for air every now and again.
I like this idea. If I wanted to be on it, would it be all right if I did it from time to time? I'm prettu sure I wouldn't be able to do it every Saturday. And what times on Saturdays are you planning on doing this?
Yeah this is fine (though I do want a decent amount of regular participants). As for times, we'll be sorting that out during the first week of SMP, so we can best optimize what time everyone can get on.
Good thing I chose Saturdays for this (though some of you might have to miss your Saturday morning cartoons for this. Oh well, it's not like they aren't all on youtube now days).

Speaking of the first week of SMP, I have spring break that entire week, so I will have a bit more time to focus on getting all set up.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
This sounds like fun! Unfortunately, however, It's doubtful I will be able to help much. My schedule was pretty much murdered last week and I don't think it will get much better quickly. If my schedule clears up at all I'll help out in any way I can.

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I was thinking of starting a Youtube series...after all, Olive44 made me famous! Sadly my schedule is unstable as I have to go to my Mum's one week and my Dad's the next. Able to record, Unable to record. Bleh.

Will try out solo-recording and hopefully join you in the near future :)

Plive

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I was thinking of starting a Youtube series...after all, Olive44 made me famous! Sadly my schedule is unstable as I have to go to my Mum's one week and my Dad's the next. Able to record, Unable to record. Bleh.

Will try out solo-recording and hopefully join you in the near future :)
i will try with my russie accent then

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Important Notice Regarding this youtube series:
With March 10th (and likely Kami's Realm) only just a week away, Now is the time we discuss things like time zones.
Keep in mind, recordings after Kami's realm initial release date will be Saturday every week.
I'd like to know what time everyone is available for recording (and this will require some minor number crunching) and what time zones we are all in, starting with me:
I'm generally available around 10:30 A.M. to 11:30 P.M. and I live in Texas, so if I'm not mistaken, my timezone is CST.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Important Notice Regarding this youtube series:
With March 13th (and likely Kami's Realm) only just a week away, Now is the time we discuss things like time zones.
Keep in mind, recordings after Kami's realm initial release date will be Saturday every week.
I'd like to know what time everyone is available for recording (and this will require some minor number crunching) and what time zones we are all in, starting with me:
I'm generally available around 10:30 A.M. to 11:30 P.M. and I live in Texas, so if I'm not mistaken, my timezone is CST.
Fixed it for you.
Also we could use these videos in advertising ;)

Catcocomics

Reaction score
The issue has been identified as outdated recording software (or something along those lines) and hopefully, this should only delay the series for a maxium of three weeks (3 episodes).
I'll likely still be starting off my first episode as the only voice heard.
On the bright side, though, we can more easily plan something.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Good news, I managed to figure out what was screwing with my videos and have successfully recorded my first KR pilot video. Expect to see it when it finishes uploading.
If you want to see it before I post it here, go to Youtube and type "Kami's Realm - Pilot 1 (Episode 0)"

Last edited:

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Hunter and Jivvi