SMP V4.3.0 - Changelog & Discussion Thread

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, this is a Comprehensive list of all changes being made for the release of the next 'version' of SMP as you will, to co-incide roughly with the release of 1.3. All changes will take place following the meeting on friday the 17th ~ The meeting is at 22:00 GMT - To see what time the meeting is where "you" are, please check the following link - Linky linky

---
The Map
  • Smaller map but with more land, less sea, and a far more varied/interesting landscape.
  • Mycelium biome included, naturally.
  • Naturally, there is new desert villages and normal villages (Unsure about jungle temples, hard to see from a map view)
  • Villagers are being left in.
Bases
  • Large bases have already been pasted into the map, the members will have to make their waythere
  • Smaller bases will only be pasted upon request - the person must have requested it was saved before friday
  • All of the following blocks in bases have been replaced with a visual counterpart (or in the case of 'functional blocks', air)
    • Diamond blocks
    • Iron Blocks
    • Gold blocks
    • Lapis Blocks
    • Obsidian
    • Chests
    • Enchanting Tables
    • Iron Ore
    • Diamond Ore
    • Coal Ore
    • Lapis Ore
    • Gold Ore
Rule Changes
  • Item grinders and XP grinders are now allowed.
  • We will no longer limit the number of farm animals (beyond stupidity).
  • You may NO longer take over a stronghold OR Mycelium as a 'closed' base,
    • In the case of strongholds, you may take rooms, but users must have a clear path to the end portal
  • You may no longer take items or leave entrances open when leaving a faction.
  • Overly stupid structures (look at our 1 wide 1000 long pathway across the entire map!) will be removed you know who you are!
  • You may now slay "all" mobs (including farmers or villages) as you please. War, war never changes.
General Changes
We will be clearing the ban lists (Excluding global bans - heres looking at you Mr_Lucky!)
We will be including a livemap for your convenience.

twangfizz

^ Pretend this is a capital
Reaction score
Could dynmap possibly be configured to not show player locations on the livemap? Otherwise It makes it way to easy for people to assassinate specific people.

• Agree
Reactions: Knight365

chris360kss

Titless
Reaction score
ily Malc. Item/xp grinders finally! No more efficiency 1 crap anymore =) I was not looking forward to a restart but with the rules being changed again I am completely fine with it. No more limits on animal farms is great too, I could never consistently gather enough meat to keep me going and getting wool was a nightmare too. Expect alot more balloons in UCON! The only thing I dislike is the killing of villagers and such. Malcovent does this include farm animals too?

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
The only thing I dislike is the killing of villagers and such. @Malcovent does this include farm animals too?
Yes. :3 Well, obviously we have a KILLER in SMP. He’s enderpearlin over your base, he’s snatchin’ your chicken's up, tryin’ to eat ‘em. So y’all need to hide your cows, hide your chickens, and hide your pigs cause they’re eating’ everybody out here.”

I dont understand it, do you mean we are not allowed to "claim" an end portal
Basically, in the past we've always had a faction that finds the End portal/stronghold within 1-2 days of SMP starting and then claims it as there own and locks it off to the outside world. This time we're making that against the rules.

• Haha
Reactions: Silvuss and Duffie

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
Malcovent Why were Lapis blocks removed from pasted structures? I don't see how they could pose an advantage over other players.
Lapis blocks are pretty rare.

The Minecraft wiki says:

Overall, Lapis Lazuli is around 1.1 times as common as diamond ore with an average of 3.43 lapis lazuli per chunk.

I think the point of removing all rare blocks was so no one had anything that was valuable right from the start. I mean it might not have a practical use but it is worth something due to it's rarity.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Lapis blocks are pretty rare.

The Minecraft wiki says:

Overall, Lapis Lazuli is around 1.1 times as common as diamond ore with an average of 3.43 lapis lazuli per chunk.

I think the point of removing all rare blocks was so no one had anything that was valuable right from the start. I mean it might not have a practical use but it is worth something due to it's rarity.
Lapiz isnt just in the lowest chunk, so its much more common than diamonds.

L

Later_Gator

Dont tell me that i have 400 lapiz blocks and so little diamonds.
But Lapis Lazuli ores drop 4-8 shards per ore (according to Minecraft Wiki), whereas diamond ores drop 1 diamond per ore.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

hpesoj8

Reaction score
I know something similiar to what I'm about to say was discussed earlier, but what if a player captures and locks away a villager, and abuses the power of the villager?

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
So why doesnt i have 900 diamonds then? Lets say tha tper chunk that the ore excists in, it the sam efore lapiz an diamonds, but lapiz also find in higher chunks than diamonds, so that makes em much more common.
Sigh... maybe because you didnt find it all.

This discussion is realy pointless. If they are so easy to get whynot just replace them if they are being removed.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
So why doesnt i have 900 diamonds then? Lets say tha tper chunk that the ore excists in, it the sam efore lapiz an diamonds, but lapiz also find in higher chunks than diamonds, so that makes em much more common.

higher chunks
You don't seem to know that chunks are 256 tall. ie. they span the world's height. Also, he's saying that the lapis ore blocks are 1.1 times more common. Multiplied by their average drop rate, you should be acquiring 3.773 lapis pieces per diamond if you were completely stripping full chunks.

• Agree
Reactions: chris360kss