SMP Updates ~ Miss me?

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey! Sorry that i've been gone so long, dealing with some in real issues and guildwars 2. BUT IM BACK NOW.

So to anyone who i snapped at on the server last night, you have my apologies - it was a busy night and there was a large quantity of argument. But i digress

• Hardcore damage "should" be off now
  • I'm trying to single out the problem for nether/end portals, i may of removed the plugin concerned but i'll need confirmation from users about this
  • I'm not sure if the same plugin was effecting end pearls
  • It is my priority to work through these bugs before we add any new content
  • Oh yeah, theres new content in the pipes relating to primordia... so get excited :D
  • [UPDATE] End portal bug fixed, nether + enderpearl bug should be fixed.
  • Im back baby
So lets work to make this server the best of blocktopia once more eh?

Vatowski

Reaction score
If i could add, me and lag were adding water to the end spawn point, doing that made us not die, but the water kept disapearing for no reason.

Anyways, glad your back malcovent!

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Welcome back!

Hmm... Some primordia stuff? sounds interesting!

But I agree - bugfixes first!

But lets add features slowly, so it wont collapse and release lots of Taint after 5 months of bug rain and system instability (4 hours of maintenance made me think of it!).
Primordia was good server but it was too large - for example Dagon was essentially self-contained community, or there was 4 hours of maintenance per day. Servers with goals are small, just like Lava, Zombie or TNT.
It shouldn't have too many heavy plugins, so it won't break on any larger Minecraft update.
Well this was pointed to newer members of community, to show what may happen if we have too many plugins, correct me if I'm wrong.

TL'TR
Bug fixes, bug fixes and bug fixes! If features, then should be small and easy to update!

EDIT: Our SMP is running for 5 months now!

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome back!

Hmm... Some primordia stuff? sounds interesting!

But I agree - bugfixes first!

But lets add features slowly, so it wont collapse and release lots of Taint after 5 months of bug rain and system instability (4 hours of maintenance made me think of it!).
Primordia was good server but it was too large - for example Dagon was essentially self-contained community, or there was 4 hours of maintenance per day. Servers with goals are small, just like Lava, Zombie or TNT.
It shouldn't have too many heavy plugins, so it won't break on any larger Minecraft update.
Well this was pointed to newer members of community, to show what may happen if we have too many plugins, correct me if I'm wrong.

TL'TR
Bug fixes, bug fixes and bug fixes! If features, then should be small and easy to update!

EDIT: Our SMP is running for 5 months now!
Ofcoursee, We've worked out a way to run exciting content without upsetting the vanilla balance or spoiling the map, because we're just awesome like that :3 I stick by my pledge that SMP will remain a near enough vanilla experience at the core

• Winner
Reactions: balloon98 and Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Chill, We've worked out a way to run exciting content without upsetting the vanilla balance or spoiling the map, because we're just awesome like that :3 I stick by my pledge that SMP will remain a near enough vanilla experience at the core
I'm calm, just was telling to new users (or who was here only max 3 moths) that too many plugins isn't good thing :).

And thats good that its staying near-vanilla.

chris360kss

Titless
Reaction score
Thank god for the ender pearl fix!

@vati108 the water at the end spawn point kept dissapearing because whenever someone comes through the portal whatever is on the obsidian platform dissapears.

• Informative
Reactions: Vatowski

rosekill

Reaction score
Was that thing i was critiquing you about earlier (sorry your ways works just as well i was thinking of something else) forprimordia by chance because it had a nice vibe to it.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
Fall damage is higher than expected, and completely erratic. As mentioned above, it sometimes happens when falling a single block. I've also had it happen jumping up 1 block. Falling ~15 blocks used to be 4 hearts of damage, it is now death. Oddly enough, standing perfectly still, I occasionally hear the sound of movement on the type of ground under me. But there is nothing around me; no other players or mobs. So it seems like the game perhaps thinks I'm moving at times that I'm not. This could just be a sound bug, or it could have something to do with the fall damage issues.

• Agree
Reactions: ConstructionBoy

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Tested, its still doing exactly 0.5 hearts more damage than it should ._., not sure what's causing it so i'll keep checking about but it doesn't seem HUGELY significant.

EDIT - Confirmed, this is a bug with minecraft/mojangs end, not us or bukkit -

[!] I seem to be taking fall damage from falls from 2-block high ledges and even from just jumpingin the prerelease--213.118.132.164 21:26, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
  • It does seem that falling damage has been tweaked a bit. I need to fall from a 3 block height (or jump from 2 block height) to take damage. Places that used to leave the player with a heart or two now kill you. --Denney 13:45, 17 August 2012 (UTC)
  • Major. Died like that in Hardcore. --Blackbird626 22:10, 18 August 2012 (UTC)
  • Agreed, on my MP server I sometimes take damage from 2 blocks high. A 4 block fall took off 2 hearts. I nearly died going down a mountain before I figured out what was going on! In SP it was a little better, with a 4 block fall doing 1/2 heart, and a 7 block fall doing 2.5. --Zair99 22:57, 19 August 2012 (UTC)
  • Same here, i am getting hurt at 3 block drops in some servers. SP 3 block drops don't hurt me as often, but still on occasion do. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 74.65.15.207 (Talk|Contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
  • Tested and confirmed on separate setups, players, computers, and servers. Single player is consistent with the 2 blocks per heart minus 3 equation, but multiplayer is not consistent. Different healths were obtained using a control of 20 blocks fall distance, ranging from 4 hearts left to death. My assumption is with all the server-side controls of the game environment in this version, it seems latency affects distance measurements far too much. There are also plenty of reports that sound lags when placing objects and footsteps, and I personally experience massive jumpy lag when riding a minecart, even though my latency is above average for a real-time online game.
    ----Kanegasi ☺C 04:36, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
  • Very annoying bug. Have died from a 2-block-fall with full health. Worldofminecraft 20:22, 27 August 2012 (UTC)
  • Reproduction directions: Build a short pyramid with a 2x2 top, 4x4 mid layer, and the ground. Jump off on a diagonal, land dead center in a block. No damage. Jump off, land near a crack, break your mother's back. Strange. I went to test some variables, and I can no longer reproduce the issue, even though I was consistently hurting myself before I changed the terrain. Only notable thing is the point I chose crossed chunks.--PlNG 00:02, 1 September 2012 (UTC)
  • I take half a heart when falling 3 blocks while recording and my frame-rate is capped at 30fps, but I don't take any damage when I'm not recording and running at a frame-rate of 200. 10.10.14.247 10:21, 8 September 2012 (UTC)