[SMP-Suggestion] Temporary Vanilla SMP while Legacies of Primordia gets set up.

Is a temporary Pre-Legacies, Survival Server a great idea to pass time while we wait for it?

• Yes

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Please! I'm so bored.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Nah, people would complain about losing stuff.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's pointless.

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm going to keep this as short as possible.

• Some of us players have discussed that it would be nice to have something temporary to appease us while the actual new survival server gets done.
  • Just a simple vanilla, maybe with some property locks and factions. That's all.
  • Small spawn to prevent pvp spawn killings. No pvp in 100x100 radius from spawn.
  • It should be made clear that it's temporary and that it will be gone once Legacies launches, so people don't get attached.
  • If staff and higher ups decide to go for this, please don't over think it. This can be set up in under an hour. We just want a super simple mostly vanilla smp.
  • If it takes 500 years because a server is needed, there is someone who already has a server that could be used for this and staff just has to hold a meeting with them to make a merge/agreement, I guess.
  • If a serve is needed, then I will notify the person that you are interested.

TL;DR: make a simple vanilla smp for us to play in till Legacies launches. If you don't need a server, and decide to do it, don't take forever thinking over it and just do it. If you do need a server, there is someone who might want to merge with this community to lend us a server.

Amorix

Reaction score
For my money, I think just having a vanilla or semi-vanilla server with some basic plugins around would do wonders for ER. It'd be easier to update, and it wouldn't be too big a deal if it had a dip in player count since it'd be fairly easy to maintain. Though I do agree with the temp vanilla server idea.

Last edited:

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Well if a server is needed, there is someone who already has a server with factions, protections and all that beauty set up. We just need to talk to them to make the merge. Hit me up when it's been 100% decided, and we could probably have it by next weekend :)

• Disagree
Reactions: Poe and Amorix

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
THIS WEEKEND! Let's do this! We can launch this on Saturday if we really push it up, we got the next 30 something hours to make it? Sunday if we're a bit more rational.