SMP Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpesoj8

Reaction score
Ingame username: Hpesoj8

Rank requested: SMP Operator

Would anyone be willing to reference you (players or staff): Epicfailcow, hrjyuuyt12,

In less than 140 Characters, tell us about yourself. I’ve always been a great lover of all Blocktopia servers and although I’ve never been staff on any of the servers, I’m always willing to give it a shot. I’ve been playing for over a year on Blocktopia servers.

What achievements are you most proud of? On a classic server, I once achieved a very high rank, of what others may call a “mod”. On many servers, I rank up quite quickly, as for example, I’ve been in the Zombe clan on SMP for 3 weeks, and I’m already 5th from the top rank-wise. I’m also co-admin on a friend’s server. Also, I once was founder and ruler of a town of 50+ on a server. Being a ruler/founder of a town that large was, in my opinion, my greatest achievement!

What do you think your position entails? Enforcement. Of rules, of fun. Short and sweet. But I don’t think that is all! Operators should help the players, whenever those players need help. And I also believe operators should help new players feel at home, and do this by actually playing the game legit like all the other players. As for technically, they logblock griefs, kick spammers, replace illegally stolen goods, possibly ban frequent offenders of the rules (as there are bound to be some), and help with server wide events.

Given the likelihood that, there are 'other' candidates for this position - why should we pick you? I am active, and although I get just 3 hours of computer time a day, can you guess where I spend that? On AoD and SMP mostly. And besides being active (which is required), I’m always nice to other players, regardless of what they may have done in the past. For example, if a person beat me while I was wearing full diamond armor and they wearing full iron, I wouldn’t ragequit and call them a noob. I’d say, “Hey, you’re a really good Pvper, ever think of AoD? You would do great there!” I also do not cuss out should I die, like some others might. I also have a little experience by being co-admin on my friend’s server. I also will NOT quit the server if I don’t become Op.

You get given six months to live, list the things you'd like to do. To be honest, I’m not one hundred percent sure. I’m for sure I would tell everyone I know goodbye. I would give gifts to friends. I would try to make my last moments on earth the most productive moments of my life.

Finally - how much time do you think you spent on this application and, do you think it is appropriate? When I first got the application, I spent a good hour going over it. And then the rest of the day, I would constantly come to the computer and take a glance, change some minor thing. I know that this application won’t be perfect, as this is only my second staff application ever. I may not make the perfect application, but I do strive to go above the mark, not just meet the standard!

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
EpicFailCow hrjyuuyt12 can you explain to us why we want to accept/why you referenced Hpesoj8?

I see in the application you seem to know the Operator job, but to be frank, I have not really seen you helping out/assisting in any way on the server, but hey, that might be my bad!
Hopefully some of the other staff members did then! :)

Good luck on your application.

Q

Qube

From looking at the app you seem to know how to handle the Operator rank, and you are pretty active on the server, but as Marnixxie stated above, i haven't really seen you helping out that much on the server!

I'l keep my vote as a neutral one, but i'l keep an extra eye on you in-game from now on, and i might very much change my vote if i see you helping out more. 0 from me.

But good luck with the app nonetheless!

EpicFailCow

Failing Op
Reaction score
mhm. he is a helpful player (my experience) he is active, was one of my advisors in Zombe clan, so i know a lot about him. He is also very kind :D I referenced him because i think in my opinion (since i am also op on buildbox) he is ready to be an op

• Agree
Reactions: ConstructionBoy

hrjyuuyt12

Reaction score
I took hpeso under my care when he was just starting out on SMP. So I have gotten to know him a little bit more than I think others have. I saw potential in someone who could be a great guy, and a good friend. I have played with him on different non-premium servers, and he was always willing to help me if I needed it, he was always there for me. He is kind, fun, and overall, just enjoyable to be around. :p I always watch out for different kinds of people on the cyber-side of the world because I have been let down an awful lot by people I thought I knew and could trust and you've never disappointed me. I believe he is ready for the job, and can handle anything you throw at him. To me, he shows great responsibility, and characteristics that I would want to see in an OP.

I hope this helps ya

I hope you take well to my words, and consider what the community and SMP might gain if he becomes an OP.
Thank you.

Wooffus

Reaction score
It's a good application, but I haven't seen much of you online, and even if you were, you didn't really stick out. I'm with Shinyshark on this one regarding hoping to be more upfront after the map reset - if you do that when you're around, then you may be ready for the position then.

K1ngHoward

SMP Vetop
Donor
Reaction score
Website
myanimelist.net
My vote is also a 0. Though he may have been here a long time when i try to remember him all i can think of is when he joined the clan "UCON" and nothing else of him. i know he was in "Zombe" but it feels i have only gotten to know him better once he joined "UCON" and that has only been a clan for a week+.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Most of the people look interested in how you would do on a trial and if you fit the Operator job.
So I am going to put you on a trial, it starts officially once we reset the map and lasts 2 weeks.
In the meanwhile you will have your operator badges in-game and on the forum to get used to it, and check things out.
Have a good time, and enjoy!

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Saw you helping out verbally in a decent way, but never got the chance to see you helping out command-wise, but I have to trust my staff on this one, since they notified me that you actually have helped out and did a good job at it.
Congratulations, and thank you in advance for all the staffing in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.