SMP Server Proposal/Feedback Thread

Is the proposal something that would interest you?

• Yes

Votes: 29 90.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
i. Preface

Hello ER, before i get knee-deep into this suggestion I'd just like to preface it by very briefly explaining why it's come to light now - in wake of the release of solitude.

A few months back the donations were cut down to $50, this followed me purchasing back one of the two dedicated servers (magenta) off of your fellow admins, following realization that they didn't need it and - couldn't get rid of it due to a yearly contract with our hosting company. The original plan was to develop the below proposal before presenting it to the admins as a proposal for an ER server.

However, we got wind of an ER SMP being in the works and quickly abandoned the idea (since it would've been fruitless to have two competing SMP servers). Recently that got released in the form of Solitude which - though a great server, wasn't quite the SMP I and some others were expecting.

Hence, I submit the following server proposal for community feedback, after discussions with the admins they are perfectly happy as of writing to, at the very least allow the proposal to go forward publicly - I will attempt to address all reasonable feedback and questions in this thread, for anyone interested in the proposal.

ii. The Problem

Quite a number of us like SMP, in the various forms that it was presented in through BT/ER's history (Primordia, Kami, smp v.3, etc.), but I think we're all aware that it's popularity dwindles within about 3 months nowadays, even at best estimates. I would like to think - given it's initial rush of players, this can be attributed to two reasons.
  • Gameplay Mechanics: We've all been there, third month in - several hundred diamonds, nine chests of cooked steak, enchanted/overpowered gear. You've hit a stage where realistically there's nothing more to do, and to cap it off - every other group is the same, everyone has hit a plateau of resource hoarding with no further endgame in sight.Current minecraft smp gameplay mechanics just do not lend themselves to long term playability.
  • Clutter: This would be fine, on it's own, but the issue now is that there's all these giant empty bases, with absurd amounts of land fenced off from everyone else - anyone new is faced with a server crowded with abandoned structures.
  • Resets: Now we're stuck in a situation where we have a server full of abandoned bases, the only remedy of which is usually to just reset the entire map & inventories. Players get upset that they're put back to stage one, players don't rejoin, if you're lucky and players do join - rinse repeat the entire process.

iii. The Proposal

I don't want to suggest anything horifically complicated, we've taken the path of heavily modded servers or heavily 'event driven' servers - they require too much time to maintain, time that no one has, and to be quite frank we cannot compete with other communities offering heavily modded versions of smp. What i want to suggest is an SMP that is simple/barebones, but attempts to address some of the issues that usually hamper the playability of SMP in the long term.
The below are examples of some steps I think we can take to rebalance out SMP mechanics/create something more durable without overmodding the gameplay, these aren't concrete and, one of the reasons for this thread was to take suggestions from people who are in favour of trying to rebalance the gameplay.

• An alternate sink for diamonds: For example, I was leaning originally towards a Guild wars styled mystic fountain (throw items in - get a random item out. Better the items you throw in, the better the item you get out - offer a few modded/legendary items via this), just one idea, feel free to propose more.
  • Rebalance diamond armour/weapons: I believe diamond gear needs rebalancing, lowering its durability closer to wood in favour of other benefits (for example, faster runspeed? immune or, at least stronger vs enchantments? ) the aim isn't to nerf diamond armour, just to stop it being a defacto "best armour", and instead something situational.
  • Rebalance food: I believe food should be made to 'rot' after a number of irl hours/days, but on the flipside should fill up your hunger bar for a lot longer. this is to dissuade people from trying to hoard several chests full of roast chicken.
  • Punish battery farms: To accompany above the rebalance and stop people hoarding animals rather than food, It should be entirely possible to make animals take damage/die if they're stuck within too close a proximity of other animals, people are always able to expand their farmspace to accomodate more animals, it just avoids the occurence of a few hundred cattle in a 2x5 pen.
  • Weapon enchantments: Either limit them to only diamond weapons (which, if you remember - will have a low durability) or remove them in such a way that weapon enchantments are a rare reward from whatever diamond sink is implemented.
  • Player building decay: This is arguably the hardest thing to implement and, something I'm still wrapping my head full around. An ideal scenario would be for buildings that have not had atleast one player around them for x hours in x weeks, would begin to decay - randomly removing blocks from the top down,
    the purpose hopefully, is to add a natural mechanism for removing unused player bases. Little tricky but, I think it's feasible.
Hopefully you start to get an idea of where Im heading regarding identifying problematic gameplay mechanisms and tweaking them, the above are merely my suggestions thusfar - I'm perfectly happy to add or remove suggestions based on feedback.

My aim is to have a pretty simple server - with only the mechanisms we introduce and a very basic plugin suite, with no caveats such as pvp being limited to one small corner of the map. I'm not trying to shoot for some 'ground breaking super popular server', I just think it'd be nice to try get a solid SMP for those of us that enjoy SMP and would rather see it as a more stable server.

Thoughts/Feedback? I'll answer all in the feedback post below this, I've also added the poll to gauge generic opinion for people who aren't interested in providing written feedback.

Last edited:

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Pre-empted questions
Q: Who allowed you to post this?
A: Permission to suggest roughly this SMP concept was cleared via the admins and TNM. We're still discussing some of the finer points regarding lobby connections and 'resets', but the proposal was allowed to go forward.

Q: Who would pay for this server?
A: I'll continue to pay for the dedicated server myself, this will not be community funded.

Q: Who would run this server?
A: Me. I appreciate there are some gripes with me running everything given that im ex-admin/ex-asshat, but you'll appreciate its hard to invest into something you're given no control over.

Q: Will this server ever be reset?
A: The aim would be to avoid resetting unless we absolutely had to and a healthy number of users were overwhelmingly in favor of a reset.

Q: What is the stance on PVP?
A: Free for all with exception to spawn zones. we'll clarify the exact rules of base camping/etc. later to come to an amicable solution that doesn't require a silly amount of moderation.

Q: What is the current stance on Chest Protection?
A: Leaning towards the old rule of 'all chests must be feasibly accessible', but I'm open to better suggestions since this is rarely popular, just no more 'blocks over chests'.

Q: This all sounds a little idealistic
A: Most of the suggestions I made in regards to game play tweaks are actually pretty simple changes, some pose challenges but realistically we could have 80% of the changes finished within a week - the barebones of the SMP server are already ready on Magenta.

Q: Malcovent you're a corrupt cunt trumpet and I hate you
A: Thankyou

Response to Feedback/Questions in Thread
Q: Won't the base decay idea be a bit too much? It might upset people?
A: Honestly if it works as planned, I don't think people will notice it. If its only 1-2 hours in a 2-3 week period for example, it's a menial amount to be online for - also the plan wouldn't be for the base to suddenly disappear, but instead a more gradual process over the span of a month that can be halted simply by becoming active again.

Q: Nerfing diamond armour/weapons might upset people
A: The plan isn't to nerf it, merely to change its benefits so it's no longer a "go-to" armour. Durability and strength can be traded off for features such as speed and mitigation of enchantment damage (just as an example).

Q: The game is outdated, no one wants to play SMP, why are we making SMP, SMP is dry
A: This is a bit hard to respond to given that it's such a a subjective opinion - yes some people don't care for SMP, but overwhelming feedback from people who were expecting solitude to be SMP shows that there is still some players that do want it. Given that this isn't supported by community donations or on the community server, realistically it's existence has no impact on community resources. Hell, I'm ancient but I still miss a decent SMP server.

Q: Your idea is great but we should also have *this mod and this mod and this mod*
A: No. Now is not the right time for this - and violates one of the reasons why I suggest we try keep this as simple as possible. We simply do not have the time to maintain mods regarding to skills/classes/etc. I still remember the effort it took poor Iguana to balance out skills during, i think it was Primordia? (please confirm if i'm talking shit Iguana). That and it will simply draw focus away from all the above stated points in the proposal.

If we get a solid SMP server? I'm open to gradual implementation of mods/new elements, if the players want it. But I don't think its a wise idea to jump straight into it.

Q: Whose going to develop all these ideas?/These mods don't exist for bukkit?
A: I Work as a software dev (granted .net not java, but you'll know that isn't a huge jump). day to day, granted I know buggeryall about the spiggot API but, aside from learning the API calls and caveats to be aware of, most of the suggestions are simple. I'll grant you building decay is a slightly trickier one but, I have a few ideas swimming around for that one. This is where I'd largely appreciate the input and patience of our existing bukkit devs.

Q: But what about *Insert concept here that isn't smp*
A: I appreciate there's a desire for other concepts but, this is not what this proposal is for.

Q: I don't want PVP/I Want Anti-PVP Measures
A: I'm afraid this suggestion goes with a no-bars held pvp approach. I get that this isn't the cup of tea for some people but it's proved to be such a big element of SMP in the past and, most anti-pvp measures in the past have all but ruined it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4601

Thank you so much for mentioning this, I feel like the whole new minecraft servers thing in general has been stagnating for way too long. Solitude definitely has tons of potential, it's just not living up to it at the moment.

Just one thing though. The way you've listed out your points makes the server seem extremely prone to rage quits - getting diamond gear only to find out that it's not as good as it might be, leaving the server for a couple of weeks only to return to a decayed house. How are you going to work on that?

Reaction score
The thing is, trying to modify the gameplay of Minecraft to make it something that clearly is not will just make old and new players confused.

I appreciate that you're taking charge Malcovent, you always had the best SMP ideas and were probably the most in-control person to make the SMP servers but even with that, the simple fact is that we're living in 2016. No longer do we have a playerbase waiting on their toes for the next release, and we all know the reasons why. Also consider that creating another server will further divide the already small playerbase, we have seen this happen many times over the years.

I think its time to let SMP pass on into the abyss... The only people that will disagree are optimists and people who are influenced by nostalgia.

I've moved on, why can't the rest of you also?

tl;dr, Malcovent is the best person to make an SMP server but god dam this game is old and so are we

• Thank You
  • Winner
Reactions: Malcovent and Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
SMP 3 (Beta 1.6/1.7). Primordia ( Beta 1.8 - Full 1.1). Vanilla SMP (1.2 - 1.4). Elysium (1.5 - 1.7). Discordia (1.8). Kami (1.8).
I played a lot of smp's.
Lets say there always were problems in them.
It seems like most commitment people in smp's rarely build something more than dirt hut (loljk) on next smp - resets are bit tiring.
I also got bored with rebuilding my base and digging diamonds.

I wonder if it would be good idea to have SMP like world, where you can build cities on Create.
Or some smp, where you can buy everything, you just would sell some stuff.

• Thank You
Reactions: Malcovent

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Glad to see someone stepping up to this. I'm not sure how many other features you've proposed have current 1.9 plugins with active devs, but building decay would be a very difficult one to implement.

I know you say keep it basic, but there already seems a ton of changes there which looks like a shaky foundation.

I'd keep things as vanilla as possible - Yeah people end up with tons of shit, but many players aren't that advanced. Focus on the building - towns and networks, and try and reward it somehow(?).

All I think you really need is;
1. A low-paying economy to dump that stuff into to buy items you do want.
2. Locking/Claim to keep your shit from being destroyed.

If 'GriefPrevention' plugin (it might support removing claims after x days?) could be tied to an economy, so you pay to expand I think you'd be sorted. (Edit: it CAN unlock chests/all claims after x days and also can cost to expand claims - Sorted!)

Throw in a time-based rank advancement for good measure.

Delaying the Inevitable:
1. A plugin which adds a ton of extra enchants - To make it harder to get the good enchants to keep people grinding more and encourage trade.
2. Disallow allow access to the nether and end at server launch, maybe open the nether +2 weeks, end +1 month. Make some story out of it, so players have to group together for a weekend event and beat a few withers to gain access to the nether etc.
3. Worldwide goals - Stuff everyone on the server has to work to to unlock across the server. Not sure how permissions based it can be, but something like players get x blocks of iron to be allowed to use iron tools, until then nothing iron can be crafted.

Finally, I'm making a 4.5k sq SMP map if you want to use it, it uses RTG gen. It's builder/horse friendly in that the terrain it's fairly smooth, but the oceans are a bit bland. Working on them currently.

Edit: Don't forget MCMMO ;)

Last edited:

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
The thing is, trying to modify the gameplay of Minecraft to make it something that clearly is not will just make old and new players confused.

I appreciate that you're taking charge Malcovent, you always had the best SMP ideas and were probably the most in-control person to make the SMP servers but even with that, the simple fact is that we're living in 2016. No longer do we have a playerbase waiting on their toes for the next release, and we all know the reasons why. Also consider that creating another server will further divide the already small playerbase, we have seen this happen many times over the years.

I think its time to let SMP pass on into the abyss... The only people that will disagree are optimists and people who are influenced by nostalgia.

I've moved on, why can't the rest of you also?

tl;dr, Malcovent is the best person to make an SMP server but god dam this game is old and so are we

• Thank You

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Just a general reminder for everyone that I'm responding to your posts in the FAQ post as i go - if you read it and disagree with my response, feel free to edit your response into your original post.

If you feel I haven't responded to your points, or want to discuss them more indepth - feel free to add me on steam (LISTINGS09 - This especially applies to you, I didn't cover many points you raised because it's a pretty indepth discussion, especially regarding how decay would work. So feel free to grab me on steam)

Purpose of this is so that the entire topic doesn't end up dedicating 3 pages just to debating one sticking point, and so that we don't raise the same points twice.

• Sad
Reactions: Fragile and Hunter

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd be in favour of decaying buildings, but I do understand a propensity for (especially basic) buildings to clutter near spawn. Maybe a policy about checking all the shit within x radius of spawn once every 2 months, and if the user hasn't been around then regenerate the chunk?

Also, I've always thought this game should do enchanting the same way warcraft does. Spend your materials to get the enchant you want. Especially with books now, you should be able to craft the books for level 1 enchants using mats, combine the books for higher levels and put the shit on gear using your player levels with an anvil. Imagine spending a diamond, 2 lapis and an emerald with a book to get a sharp 1 book. Everyone could get the enchants through mining and/or economy, and they'd be reasonably replaceable.

Beyond that, I like the suggestion. I've always liked the idea that players could somehow activate a no-pvp mode (maybe paying for it?). Something you'd have to do at spawn, so it can't be abused, but you can make yourself unable to hurt or be hurt by players, or turn it off. This way people who really just play to build (like me) can do so without worry of random jackasses. Although, to be really bare bones about it, you could just make people keep the inventory on their hot bars, so that killing a person who's building won't make them lose those 9 slots of building materials they were working with.

Also, I'm a java developer. I've not looked into spigot, or anything else related to minecraft modding beyond "decompile the game", but I'm sure it isn't difficult. I could probably offer some help if needed, though I don't have a huge amount of time to invest.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
Purpose of this is so that the entire topic doesn't end up dedicating 3 pages just to debating one sticking point, and so that we don't raise the same points twice.
Understood, thanks for updating the FAQ.

It's no small feat to dev each of those features, tune and balance them - An ambitious project, to say the least - but is achievable. Watch out for testing, updates and real life - They tend to get in the way!

♣ Good Luck!

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Why not go the more extreme route, grab a Mod pack from one of the Modpack launchers like A&T or make your own modpack and roll from there, most of the premade modpacks come with multiplayer support sooooo why not give it a shot?

• Thank You

Catcocomics

Reaction score
we still haven't tried a Crusader Craft server, the mod pack of which can be found on the void launcher
Void launcher can be downloaded here: http://test.voidswrath.com/voidlauncher/

Those who saw any screenshots of various things I kinda did there will know that it has a mod that let's you customize the look of swords and armor, and it also comes with Thaumcraft 5, Ars Magica 2, LoTR mod (the good one with a colossal and decently accurate map of Middle Earth to play around in), custom NPCs, and a good few more.
It's kinda outdated though, and I have no idea when it will be updated to 1.8.

If we want to stick to regular minecraft, I would like to see the following:
-Peaceful towns: your town can choose to be peaceful and not have to deal with other people coming and raiding you right out of the blue. You can enable pvp at any moment, but you have to wait a while (I'm thinking 48 hours) before your town can go peaceful again. All towns to start off peaceful to avoid getting that really cruel Darwinism effect most factions servers achieve.

-Permanent tools/weapons: my idea for this is a rare and removable enchantment that can be applied to a set number of items per person at any given time (around 3 to 5 would be good) that make the items with this enchantment unable to break or to leave your inventory (can't be dropped, and can't be put in containers such as chests or furnaces). I want there to be a fairly simple method of removing the enchantment that yields a 50% (give or take) chance of returning the enchantment in book form. Items with this enchantment will stick with their players, even after death.

-Easy theft prevention: this one's a bit more personal, but I'd really like to see that people don't just get sent back two weeks because they got hit by one raid. I can understand it if you get killed and drop your stuff, but there has to be a limit besides the inventory capacity of the raiders. I know it's kind of standard to let people put dirt blocks on chests and stuff, and I'm mostly making this particular suggestion because of Kami.
This and the above are kind of meant to let players have the luxury of making signature swords and bows without fear of them just getting lost and scattered around the circulation of people who just live to fight and die.

• Thank You
Reactions: Notme and Malcovent

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Q: Your idea is great but we should also have *this mod and this mod and this mod*
A: No. Now is not the right time for this - and violates one of the reasons why I suggest we try keep this as simple as possible. We simply do not have the time to maintain mods regarding to skills/classes/etc. I still remember the effort it took poor Iguana to balance out skills during, i think it was Primordia? (please confirm if i'm talking shit Iguana). That and it will simply draw focus away from all the above stated points in the proposal.

• Thank You

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Why not just use gold weapons?
Actually this is an interesting suggestion.

What I've done thusfar is

- to go with Diamond armors durability being nerfed into the ground, amongst a few other minor buffs, enchantments won't work against it.
- Gold weapons will, upon enchantment, get an additional enchantment level added.

Does that sound like a good balance?

Edit - i think, in order to get a better feedback loop going. One this post reaches the end of its life (So, I suppose tonight or thereabouts) I'll start up a thread regarding the current state of smp development and a changelog of tweaks, so that people can see the various balances and discuss them.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Q: What is the current stance on Chest Protection?
A: Leaning towards the old rule of 'all chests must be feasibly accessible', but I'm open to better suggestions since this is rarely popular, just no more 'blocks over chests'.
Please keep it simple and not the kami's realm rules

Kami's Realm Chest Rules
The rules regarding protection of chests will differ greatly on Kami's Realm from some our previous servers. While it might seem familiar in some ways, we have decided to go with a custom tailored outline to provide the most enjoyable experience for new and old users alike.

********Before reading the below, keep in mind this is for the personal vaults and chests that a player has. There will be a following rule and information thread about the individual clan provided chest vaults*******
The Golden Rule: Any given chest or other methods of item storage must be accessible for a raider (to reach in some feasible manner. Guidelines are outlined below.)

This rule implies that chests CANNOT be simply covered with a dirt block or any other block for that matter and deemed 'safe'. Chest's must be able to be reached by a raider without breaking any of our server rules, or any of the the following chest rules:
  1. "Jump Courses" are forbidden from being used to protect a chest.
    1a. A user can apply for a special permit to use a jump course under special conditions.
    1ab. A jump course that has staff approval is forbidden any redstone mechanisms
  2. Chests must be reachable without taking any damage.
    2a. If a path contains a source of damage such as falling, arrows, etc ; it must have an alternate path that contains no damage sources available to reach the same goal.
  3. Chests must be reachable without using potions.
    3a. If a path contains a portion that requires the usage of potions, it must contain an alternate path that requires no potions be used to reach the same goal.
  4. Mazes are encouraged so long as the correct path is roughly 3-6 minutes in length.
  5. The placing or removing of blocks is strictly prohibited.
Another factor plays into chest protection aswell, redstone. We have gone over ways it can be applied to protection of ones chests and below are the guidelines to create a level playing field for experienced redstoners and new redstoners alike. All with the ideal system neither in favor for attacking or defending players.
Here are the rules regarding chests and redstone:

1. A maximum of 3 redstone mechanisms are allowed to be used to protect one vault. Though there may be multiple pathways into a vault.
  2. Levers, buttons, pressure plates, and other intractable redstone components required to get into a vault must be within a 30 block radius of it.
  3. Use of Iron and Gold Pressure Plates are prohibited.
  4. Use of items for hopper locks are other locking mechanisms that require an item input are prohibited.
  5. A vault must be accessible at all times; using Daylight/Moonlight sensors to restrict entry is prohibited.
  6. No redstone mechanism may prevent entry if an incorrect code or other input system is performed incorrectly.
  7. Falling puzzles are prohibited (puzzles in which the players has to fall down to reach a certain button or lever then climb back up and repeat)
These rules have been compiled to ensure fair play on our server, along with a healthy sense of competition. If any of these rules bring up any questions or concerns, feel free to discuss them below.

-Kami's Realm Staff

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Please keep it simple and not the kami's realm rules

Kami's Realm Chest Rules
The rules regarding protection of chests will differ greatly on Kami's Realm from some our previous servers. While it might seem familiar in some ways, we have decided to go with a custom tailored outline to provide the most enjoyable experience for new and old users alike.

********Before reading the below, keep in mind this is for the personal vaults and chests that a player has. There will be a following rule and information thread about the individual clan provided chest vaults*******
The Golden Rule: Any given chest or other methods of item storage must be accessible for a raider (to reach in some feasible manner. Guidelines are outlined below.)

This rule implies that chests CANNOT be simply covered with a dirt block or any other block for that matter and deemed 'safe'. Chest's must be able to be reached by a raider without breaking any of our server rules, or any of the the following chest rules:
  1. "Jump Courses" are forbidden from being used to protect a chest.
    1a. A user can apply for a special permit to use a jump course under special conditions.
    1ab. A jump course that has staff approval is forbidden any redstone mechanisms
  2. Chests must be reachable without taking any damage.
    2a. If a path contains a source of damage such as falling, arrows, etc ; it must have an alternate path that contains no damage sources available to reach the same goal.
  3. Chests must be reachable without using potions.
    3a. If a path contains a portion that requires the usage of potions, it must contain an alternate path that requires no potions be used to reach the same goal.
  4. Mazes are encouraged so long as the correct path is roughly 3-6 minutes in length.
  5. The placing or removing of blocks is strictly prohibited.
Another factor plays into chest protection aswell, redstone. We have gone over ways it can be applied to protection of ones chests and below are the guidelines to create a level playing field for experienced redstoners and new redstoners alike. All with the ideal system neither in favor for attacking or defending players.
Here are the rules regarding chests and redstone:

1. A maximum of 3 redstone mechanisms are allowed to be used to protect one vault. Though there may be multiple pathways into a vault.
  2. Levers, buttons, pressure plates, and other intractable redstone components required to get into a vault must be within a 30 block radius of it.
  3. Use of Iron and Gold Pressure Plates are prohibited.
  4. Use of items for hopper locks are other locking mechanisms that require an item input are prohibited.
  5. A vault must be accessible at all times; using Daylight/Moonlight sensors to restrict entry is prohibited.
  6. No redstone mechanism may prevent entry if an incorrect code or other input system is performed incorrectly.
  7. Falling puzzles are prohibited (puzzles in which the players has to fall down to reach a certain button or lever then climb back up and repeat)
These rules have been compiled to ensure fair play on our server, along with a healthy sense of competition. If any of these rules bring up any questions or concerns, feel free to discuss them below.

-Kami's Realm Staff
I guess the simplest use of this has always been "must be accessible without the placement/removal of blocks", enables combo-vaults/redstone mechanisms?

But i'll leave this discussion for now and we'll open up a bigger rules post concerning pvp rules/griefing rules. I'm intent on keeping it simple, as you suggested. Convoluted rules just annoy both all sides.

parquette

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions! I think the only issue is the one I have concerning the building decay. Say for instance the building is a vast, huge, and highly detailed castle that someone put a lot into, but they have other duties to tend to in real life. Like they have to go on a trip for a whole week. When they get back, the castle will be partially destroyed due to their absence from the server. They'll probably be a little sad that their hard work put into building that thing is gradually being destroyed.

I'm not picking at you or anything, this is just something I'm concerned with. I'm glad these topics are being discussed though! :)

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions! I think the only issue is the one I have concerning the building decay. Say for instance the building is a vast, huge, and highly detailed castle that someone put a lot into, but they have other duties to tend to in real life. Like they have to go on a trip for a whole week. When they get back, the castle will be partially destroyed due to their absence from the server. They'll probably be a little sad that their hard work put into building that thing is gradually being destroyed.

I'm not picking at you or anything, this is just something I'm concerned with. I'm glad these topics are being discussed though! :)
Response to Feedback/Questions in Thread
Q: Won't the base decay idea be a bit too much? It might upset people?
A: Honestly if it works as planned, I don't think people will notice it. If its only 1-2 hours in a 2-3 week period for example, it's a menial amount to be online for - also the plan wouldn't be for the base to suddenly disappear, but instead a more gradual process over the span of a month that can be halted simply by becoming active again.

Reactions: parquette