SMP Reset

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

When is the map being released?
Click Here and find your nearest city to find out what time tonight the map is estimated to open up.

Why was the map Reset?
As an SMP Map progresses - new players begin to feel increasingly put off by the idea of joining, with large impressive factions, everyone kit in fully enchanted diamond - most resources near to spawn squandered and generally, a feeling that the map has seen better days.

Usually we would look to find alternative ways to skirt around this (something we are i assure you, still working on) - However, with the combination of new features both built into Minecraft and our plugins - along with a series of semi-drastic rule changes, we felt it was best to start afresh. I realise this hasn't exactly been everyones cup of tea, but we have more than done our best to try accomodate for both sides of the argument. I hope you will be pleased with the changes.

Eye Candy
The Livemap - This map will 'not' show players, however it will show Clan homes and temporary bloodstains where users have been killed - so be warned, killing that innocent civilian means that anyone on the livemap will know where you are!
Clanstats - Although there was nothing to fill it in yet (since we wiped all existing clans to start anew) - when it starts to fill in, it will start to look something like this. So be warned, those users who try to get a 33KD/R By slaying innocents? you're going to start looking like a 'wee' bit of a ruthless tosser.

What's new?
'All' new features can be found Here (Livemap and Clanstats excluded).

My base, What's happening about it?:
'if' you requested for your base to be copied over - Then seek me out when you can on SMP, I'll need the person who requested it was copied over to ask me upon which I will bring it to the new map (the process may take a few minutes varying on the size of your base)

I'd quite like to explore the old map.
Click here for a download of the old map (721mb)

Final notes
This is it, this will be your final map for an estimated half year "minimum" - so start making your mark on it ,fast. You have a chance to go down in the long tragic history of Blocktopia Clans.

And many thanks to GMK for helping set things up, Qube for the logo and Marnixxie for helping test things out.