SMP PvP Related Rules

NamelessHero

Reaction score
Here is a list of the current rules regarding PvPing on the server. More may be added as time goes by.

1. Act mature, don't be a dick - Self explanatory, but to those who may need clarification - don't curse, don't constantly harass players, etc.

2. When raiding you are allowed to gather the wheat crops, but you MUST replant them. Same applies to Cacti, Reeds. You are also allowed to break melons and pumpkins, as long as the stem remains intact.

3. You are not allowed to pillar over walls, even if your blocks aren't touching the walls. You are allowed to ENDER PEARL over walls, nothing else.

4. You are not allowed to purposely breach into someone's base, be it a cave or a house. If it were to happen by accident, leave the base without stealing or harassment. You are allowed to breach into any cave that does not seem occupied. If it looks like someone is living there, and the entrances are blocked off, you are not allowed to breach in through the natural blocks.

5. Destroying any blocks owned by other players is considered griefing and is a banable offense(depending on the harshness of the offense, the system is Warn - Ban, if the offense is too great it is a straight Ban.)

6. You are allowed to steal from any open chest. As long as there is a block preventing a chest from opening, you are not allowed to edit the block in any way to access the chest(do not attempt to use pistons, or to tilt dirt, and most importantly - don't destroy the block...)

7. DO NOT try to raid the same place more than several times a week. Once a day is good enough, or you can do 5-6 times in 1 day, but not bother the same place for the rest of the week. IF the people you are raiding are OK with being in constant battle with you, you are allowed to attack when you want, and they are allowed to do so to you.

8. DO NOT PvP Log! PvP logging is the act where you disconnect from the server after you see someone chasing you. More simply put - you don't want to fight and you log off. That is illegal, and can be considered a bannable offense!

NOTE: It IS ILLEGAL to gather placed ore blocks(gold blocks/iron blocks/diamond blocks/lapis blocks)

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I was 'hoping' to try keep rules as simple as a 10 line /rules, but apparently thats going to be impossible :p So here it goes.

2 - Yes you may gather melons/pumpkins without destroying the stem since it'll re-grow
3- You can only enderpearl over walls, nothing else.
4 - In my opinion, if a person links to a cave you can only breach it if it does not appear occupied - e.g, walls, flooring, doors, the usual shit. If it looks like a normal cave minus a few blocks to get up to places and not there actual home, its a valid breach.
5 - I personally run by a ban unless it was a small amount of blocks and no stealing, but in reality its meant to be warn - ban.
6 - Pretty much.

Rule 7 i would like to add - Do not try to raid the same place more than several times a week. As far as im concerned, you can stack these all into one day (5-6 seperate attacks) or keep it to one a day, if the person your attacking is ok with more/wants to do a deal whereby each can raid eachother more - thats fine too.

And Rule 8, naturally - stop pvp logging. we are cracking down on this with bans this week.

***​
Currently you may not destroy ore blocks. We were going to discuss this rule soon, but the likely outcome is that you still may not destroy them.

Kloud_Strife

TNT Drama Queen
Reaction score
And Rule 8, naturally - stop pvp logging. we are cracking down on this with bans this week.
Malcovent, does this apply to PvE (Player vs. Enemy)? I know that I have, on several occasions, logged out in abandoned mines if I am having trouble to give my companions time to reach me. However, if this is illegal, then I will stop doing this, I just wasn't completely sure on the connotations of the rule.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Malcovent, does this apply to PvE (Player vs. Enemy)? I know that I have, on several occasions, logged out in abandoned mines if I am having trouble to give my companions time to reach me. However, if this is illegal, then I will stop doing this, I just wasn't completely sure on the connotations of the rule.
It should be fine. The major reason we disallow PvP logging is because it is generally a douche move toward the other player. However, no one cares about a skeleton's feelings.