SMP Mods. What is and isn't allowed

joshuwah

JtE BossMan
Reaction score
This thread shall be updated as new mods are submitted to be reviewed. This list is created by staff and discussed by staff, and is of what modifications to Minecraft are or aren't allowed.

To clarify any modification to Minecraft that facilitates anything listed below is banned.

• Nodus
  • Any form of X-ray
  • Any PvP modifications
  • Any form of inventory modifying mechanism
  • Any mod that increases mining distance/speed
  • Auto-tool Switch
  • Smart Moving
  • Brightness Mod
  • Any form of entity radar (must be turned off if you use Spoutcraft)
  • Any form of chest/block/ore/spawner finder
  • Any form of program or macro that manipulates a users method of input to give an unfair advantage. e.g. Increasing mouse click speed (QuickFire Clicking)
This list is not the be all and end all, before installing any modification that helps in any way past what optifine already does please clarify with staff before use.

The following mods have been cleared for use with Blocktopia SMP
  • Convenient Inventory
  • HD Texture Patcher
  • iPixeli's Female Gender Mod
  • Mods intended to change aesthetics (HD water, shaders, etc.)
  • Mods intended to increase FPS
  • Mods that benefit the player in clarity of speaking
  • Not Enough Items
  • Optifine
  • Optimine
  • Rei's Minimap
  • Spoutcraft (Some bundled Spoutcraft mods facilitate unfair advantages and must be disabled)

If you believe either list is missing a mod, please submit it below or send a PM to one of the staff. Please also note that the mods in the "Disallowed" section are not limited to those only. Please use common sense in choosing mods.

Last Updated December, 2nd, 2012.

List maintained by _Joshuwah_

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So Rei's minimap is okay, but entities must be switched off? I don't have premium yet but I plan on getting it soon, so I was reading up on some of the rules. This confused me as you can see mobs on the minimap so does it show players as well?

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
So Rei's minimap is okay, but entities must be switched off? I don't have premium yet but I plan on getting it soon, so I was reading up on some of the rules. This confused me as you can see mobs on the minimap so does it show players as well?
For all information about the minimap, I direct you to this link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/482147-145-nov21-reis-minimap-v32-05/

For the rules about the minimap mod: Don't enable entities radar and cave mapping.