SMP - Accepted SMP Moderator Application - MineCraftNerd97

Reaction score
What is your in-game name? (Please also give any alt accounts, and if you're applying for our TTT server, your Steam ID.)

- Hey so my IGN is MineCraftNerd97 but am happy for nicknames.

What time-zone do you live in?

- Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT+10)

How many hours have you played on the server for?

- Currently 10 Hours 30 Minutes as of this application and counting.

How many hours can you spend helping the server per week?

- I am currently studying as a nurse and do have commitments needed of me, however I could achieve a minimum of 5 hours a week.

What prior staffing experience do you have? (It is not mandatory, and it is not a problem if you do not have any.)

- I have had many years of experience within the staff role as every server I have played since Beta 1.7 I have achieved a position of support to others. Most recently I was a Moderator on a server called BreakingMc back in March 2019, which was the last time I played Minecraft till now.

More recently I have been Trial-Mod on RoF for about 2 months and have recently moved to up to full Mod.

What do you think the role entails?

- As with all roles of a staff member there is a matter of discipline and responsibility needed of the individual, being able to communicate effectively with superiors and subordinates ensures a steady flow of support and confidence throughout the team. I feel with me and this role I will need to be flexible and open minded with what is required of me, I'll need to able to communicate effectively with players in a warm non-judgemental way and to be supportive by encouraging the player to ask questions or any issues that they might have.

Why do you want to be a staff member?

- I always love having that ability to help others to the best I can with the resources I have, I love the RoF server and am really getting involved within SMP. I want to expand my services to the public and assist where ever possible.

What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?

- I am smart, kind, polite, fair, non-judgemental, always think of the bigger picture, confidential when required, caring and responsible. But I am sure you have heard all of this before so basically, I want to help people the best i can and help make things run smoothly, to create a safe, truthful, and fun environment.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?

- Depending on the problem I should be able to solve it however, if I can't then I’ll consult others at my level (if the problem is private then I’ll ask the individual if they are happy for me to includes others) if the problem still isn't resolved at the lowest level then I’ll work my way up the chain of command.

Is there anything else we should know, or you want to tell us?

- I am 23 years old in November, I'm studying to be a nurse, I've played Minecraft for 10 years (decent at using redstone), I joined this community 24 OCT 2016, enjoy piano, drones, shooting and sports.

- Discord: MineCraftNerd97#9012 (Discord Moderator)

Got any builds you would like to show off? (Create only but not mandatory)

- I enjoy Blocktopia but am not much of a builder, more into redstone.

Please list your references: (For most applications at least 1 reference is mandatory, must be a current Moderator+ on EscapeRestart!)

I have been lucky enough to gain the support of these great staff members:

• Comp_
  • BanSwift
  • Roboi
  • Sessybessy

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
Hey man! Thank you for applying.

I can tell from not only your application here, but the one on RoF that you seem like a great addition to this staff team. I have talked to some of the current staff, and from your lift of references I can tell my feeling is right. I feel we all have already collectively decided you'd be a great addition already - so I'm already gonna go ahead and pass this onto a 1 week trial, Gratz!

Trial