SMP Changelog

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Let's be realistic here, Malcovent wouldn't release the SMP without doing further testing on the balancing of items and game-play to ensure that what he is releasing is perfect, or close-enough.

And I'm sure once it has been released, if specifics need buffing or nerfing then he would be more than willing to do so, to ensure the player-base is happy.

An idea I had while reading the ideas that may not be implemented is class-based armour - the idea came from the leather armour having faster run speed, so I thought it may be cool to have classes that have abilities while wearing their respective armour, i.e:
  • Alchemist - Ability to make potions last longer, more effective, less effective, potions require less cook time, etc.
  • Scavenger - Ability to run faster, gain seeds simply from moving through grass/tall grass, higher rate of drops for apples from trees, etc.
  • Miner - Ability to gain extra ore from the vein they mine, be able to mine faster and tools used for mining drain less, etc.
  • Farmer - Ability to gain extra food and supplies from farming resources, more food from animals, etc.
Essentially classes like that, similar to DoD, however it is a set skill and you cannot change your class. This would mean those within clans can set roles and would require more teamwork. You would only unlock abilities after leveling up said skill/class by completing requirements/quests/achievements that are listed within the class. The classes are not mandatory however, they are optional to choose for the perk within your desired skill.

Reactions: Duffie

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Let's be realistic here, Malcovent wouldn't release the SMP without doing further testing on the balancing of items and game-play to ensure that what he is releasing is perfect, or close-enough.

And I'm sure once it has been released, if specifics need buffing or nerfing then he would be more than willing to do so, to ensure the player-base is happy.

An idea I had while reading the ideas that may not be implemented is class-based armour - the idea came from the leather armour having faster run speed, so I thought it may be cool to have classes that have abilities while wearing their respective armour, i.e:
  • Alchemist - Ability to make potions last longer, more effective, less effective, potions require less cook time, etc.
  • Scavenger - Ability to run faster, gain seeds simply from moving through grass/tall grass, higher rate of drops for apples from trees, etc.
  • Miner - Ability to gain extra ore from the vein they mine, be able to mine faster and tools used for mining drain less, etc.
  • Farmer - Ability to gain extra food and supplies from farming resources, more food from animals, etc.
Essentially classes like that, similar to DoD, however it is a set skill and you cannot change your class. This would mean those within clans can set roles and would require more teamwork. You would only unlock abilities after leveling up said skill/class by completing requirements/quests/achievements that are listed within the class. The classes are not mandatory however, they are optional to choose for the perk within your desired skill.
dunno how dod worked but that's pretty much primordia classes

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
dunno how dod worked but that's pretty much primordia classes
Ah it had skills that you could level up, well I believe that was dod anyway. I forgot about the old classes in Primordia, but they were a good addition to the server and I feel they would be to this one too!

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I like this idea of classes.
I have a few ideas:
*Basically wizard - potions & spells or something.
*Mr. knight in shining armor - slightly increased melee damage and defense
*Juggey Naughty - increased defense and slightly increased melee speed
*Stick launcher - able to make more arrows, increased jump height and speed
*Master swordsman - greatly increased speed, jump height, and resistance when not wearing armor
*'nother bloody ninja/shpee - increased speed and jump height, ability to turn invisible (leaves behind foot prints and has louder foot steps when invisible)

feel free to change names and stuff

also, I'd like for ability to mix and match class traits, but that will probably have to have a limit (like how DDO limits class mixture to being max of 3) so that you don't get people maxing out every single stats and basically turning into gods.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Just a brief update to say that aside from putting some of the relic/rarer items into the fountain, all functionality from a code perspective is there and i 'believe' all plugins are configured (just need to unleash my team of elite guinea pigs to root out the issues).

We've picked a map seed that we're comfortable with, starting to move onto the less development orientated tasks now ( spawnbuilding - fuck i wish i could still build.., staff recruiting, etc.).

Regarding what we settled on for armour
- Iron armour will receive a speed nerf.
- Chain + Diamond + Gold armour remains untouched
- Leather + Unarmoured gains a slight speed boost.
- Diamond gets a durability nerf.

We're comfortable this will - at the very least, give us something to get feedback on/improve upon.

Sorry about the lack of updates, forgot how long building takes.

I put spawn at 60% complete, aim is to sign it off on saturday/sunday at which point i'll throw a few images in. With the plugins done and the seed picked, it's pretty much a point of minor plugin configurations, picking out some staff and we should be on home straights.

The patience is appreciated, however for those that aren't I must clarify, i do not want your "Fine ass spread on toast"

Ta all the same though o7

Last edited:

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Outside of spawn is about 90% there (enough that i can leave it to quickly deck out the interior).

As promised, a few minor teaser images of it

I'll elaborate more on why on earth a Cathedral is our spawn at a more appropriate point.
I like how you solved spawn litter by making hole around spawn ;^)
Also good, that you removed any visible ores - players won't mess around to get to them xd

D

Deleted member 4601

Yep, last second uprade of Solitude from 1.9.0 to 1.9.2 managed to break it.
So after update to 1.10 something may break smp.
1.10 didn't change much, at least for spigot/bukkit, so any plugin that works with 1.9.4 should work on 1.10. The real leap was from 1.9 to 1.9.4 - not much difference, but it depends on the plugin.

Reactions: Notme

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
So, are we planning on releasing the smp a bit after 1.10 comes out? It would take a bit to make sure all the plugins are compatible with the update.
Map needs completely remade if they're using a 1.10 version with villages/mesa shafts/fossils etc.

Time to copy across and builds etc if going that route.

• Winner
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Map needs completely remade if they're using a 1.10 version with villages/mesa shafts/fossils etc.

Time to copy across and builds etc if going that route.
So RIP Malcovent ?

Actually you can generate new map with same seed, and world edit chunks, that you modified into 1.10 map ;)
There is changelog for 1.10.
I'll paste here map changes.
MC wiki said:
Magma block
  • Found in the Nether, generating 4 veins per chunk between Y=27 and Y=36.
  • Crafted using four magma cream.
  • Mobs and players take 1 () damage every second while touching it, similar to a cactus.
    • Unlike cactus or fire, this block doesn't destroy items that touch it.
    • Mobs avoid magma blocks that are in the way.
  • Most mobs don't spawn on magma blocks. Exceptions are magma cubes, zombie pigmen, and squid.
  • If the player is sneaking, wearing Frost Walker-enchanted armor, or under the
    Fire Resistance
    effect, it does not take damage.
  • If the player dies by standing on it, a new death message will appear: "[Player] discovered floor was lava."
    • If the player dies by the block, but after being damaged by a mob or player, the death message will be: "[Player] walked into danger zone due to [Mob or Player]."
  • Removes water blocks on top when randomly ticked.
  • It produces smoke particles under the rain.
  • It emits as much light as it receives from other sources.
    • e.g. A magma block next to a torch will emit light at level 13, as that was the light level it received from the torch.
      • If the torch were to be removed then it will search for the next brightest source of light; if no source is found then it will continue to emit the same amount of light as the torch.
      • It can emit daylight if it was exposed to the sun.
Huge mushrooms
  • Huge mushrooms have a [sup]1[/sup]⁄[sub]12[/sub] chance of generating twice as tall as normal.
    • These new mushrooms can appear during world generation or by being planted by the player.
World generation

Plains and Sunflower Plains
  • Now have some trees in 5% of its chunks ([sup]1[/sup]⁄[sub]3[/sub] large oaks, [sup]2[/sup]⁄[sub]3[/sub] normal oaks).
Ice Plains, Ice Mountains, and Ice Plains Spikes
  • Have a lower chance of spawning passive mobs during world generation than other biomes (7% versus 10%).
Mesas, including all variants
  • Hardened clay and stained clay no longer generate more than 15 blocks deep, if the mesa is more than 15 blocks above sea level.
  • In addition to the normal 2 veins of gold ore below Y=32, attempts to generate 20 veins between Y=32 and Y=79.
  • Generate the new type of abandoned mineshafts, described below.
Abandoned mineshafts
  • New mineshaft type that generates in mesa biomes (including all variants).
    • Placed so that the midpoint of the structure is near sea level, rather than so that the top is 10 blocks or more below sea level.
    • Uses dark oak wood for wooden structures.
    • New NBT tag MST on mineshaft structure pieces to indicate the type. 0 is the traditional mineshaft, 1 is the new mesa mineshaft.
  • Features generate differently if above ground (i.e. the sky light where they generate is 8 or more). This is not dependent on mineshaft type.
    • Cave spider spawners no longer generate if sky light is 8 or more.
    • Various wooden pieces no longer generate if the block above is air and/or if sky light is 8 or more.
    • Rails in corridors are more complete if sky light is below 8.
      • 90%, versus 70% in 1.9 and in above-ground corridors.
    • Ported from Pocket Edition.
Villages
  • Village structures are no longer restricted by biome boundaries.
    • Meaning that a village that starts in a valid biome can now spread into an adjacent invalid biome.
  • Now generate in taigas (but not variants).
    • They are made with spruce wood.
  • Savanna villages are now made with acacia wood instead of oak.
    • In savannas, acacia logs replace cobblestone in all structures except churches, blacksmiths and the ground around wells.
  • Blacksmiths in desert villages now generate with cobblestone rather than sandstone near the lava.
  • Now generates grass under stairs instead of a dirt path.
  • Cobblestone now spawn around wells instead of gravel.
  • Paths now only replace grass blocks (with air above), water, lava, sand, sandstone, and red sandstone, and no longer replace blocks below sea level. All other blocks will be ignored, with blocks below (down to sea level) considered for replacement instead.
    • This allows paths to generate properly under trees.
  • Paths are made with different material depending on the existing terrain.
    • If replacing grass blocks, the path is made from grass path blocks.
    • If replacing water or lava, the path is made from planks.
    • If replacing sand, sandstone, or red sandstone the path is gravel on top of cobblestone.
      • In desert villages, sandstone is used instead of gravel and cobblestone.
      • In savanna villages, acacia logs are used instead of cobblestone.
  • They have a 2% chance of being a zombie village, determined by Zombie NBT tag in Village.dat.
    • All generated villagers are instead zombie villagers. These zombie villagers don't despawn (i.e. they have the PersistenceRequired flag set), but still burn in sunlight.
    • There are no doors or torches in the village.
Caves
  • No longer turn adjacent sand blocks in the ceiling into sandstone when generating.
End portals
  • Now replace any blocks inside the portal frame ring when activating.

Last edited: