Suggestion SMP Cave Ins

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
SMP could use a "Cave Ins" type of mechanic where the player is required to put wood logs/planks around the area that they're mining in. If they fail to do so, then the blocks around them will fall then damage the player or suffocate them. I think this would be interesting to add to a future SMP server as it can make things interesting for the player. It can also limit the minimize the wood resources that players have and make it harder for them to mine for ores.

ChocoParrot created something like this before, but I don't know if he'd be interested in giving an updated version if any SMP Admin is interested in it.

Here's a clip of what happens:

Reactions: Notme

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This is my original video I posted...

Man this stuff is really old :chicken:

FYI - I never released the updated version of this, though I do have one. An attempt to install the old version on a server would inadvertently cause it to crash.

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Cool idea, however wouldn't this be an easy, unreversible greifing tool? Unless we build in a block logger into the plug. I couldn't imagine the space those logs would take up.
Maybe irreversible to rollback as you said but it is possible to track who caused the grief. Plus thing is you need a large area of stone above and for someone to deliberately mine huge chunks to cause any significant damage.