Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
What is your in-game name?

ayan4m1

What timezone do you live in?

EST/EDT

How many hours have you played on the server for?

How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week?

5-10

What prior staffing experience do you have?

Ran a ~20 player MC server for several years, lead developer for several other game modifications and open source projects.

What do you think the role entails?

Providing technical and gameplay support to users, moderating disputes, providing input when other staff members need consultation.

Why do you want to be a staff member?

I love solving problems, and running a robust server is chock full of those. If someone is having a straightforward issue - in game or on the backend - and I'm in the position to help, I'd like to be able to do that.

What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?

Not saying that I'm the only one, but I'm a professional software developer with a passion for code.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?

First, researching the issue and trying to develop a more holistic understanding of it so that I can find the ideal solution. From there, consultation with other subject matter experts is important, and then making sure the team is synced up on the solution before implementing it.

Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us?

I've seen Minecraft grow so much in ten years, and I'd like to keep giving back to the game that has given me so much. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Got any builds you'd like to show off?

Unfortunately I haven't had time lately to build much in Minecraft itself. I'm working on a plugin I'll hopefully be able to share with the world soon :)

Please list your references:

Hex

Reactions: Thrice

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
as im his reference, I figured I'd comment here (even though ultimately I'm the one who decides it lol)

Personally, I've known ayan for a little over a year now, and I think he would be a GREAT addition to the SMP staff team. He knows a lot about development, is very active, and participates in important discussions despite not even needing to. He has shown me that he's very well capable of handling things on the staff side, hell even the dedi side.

I think not only he would be a good addition for SMP, but overall the community. That's why I have to give him:

+1

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
While I am not too familiar with Ayan, he's been of great help with many technical problems during the launch of this SMP. He's very active and well involved and seems to genuinely enjoy figuring out broken puzzles. We need more like him, and I trust Hex's judgement on this one.

+1

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
I am going to go ahead and give you very strong +1. You have been incredibly helpful already as a contributor with helping us with behind the scenes things on the server. You are also very friendly. I'd love to have you as a mod for SMP.

Nekomancer

Donor
Reaction score
Hello! I've seen you help alot and you know alot of stuff about the server so i think you would be a great addition to our staff team :)

gonkus

Admin
Admin
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Not seen ayanami around enough unfortunately, dunno if it's due to timezones, but it's a 0 from me I'm afraid

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I've been observing Ayan and he's been extremely useful behind the scenes. Both an excellent complement to the team and knowledge provided has been very beneficial to the servers health and future. I'm looking forward in working with you 100%

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.