Slender

Dio4344

Reaction score
Name Of Map: Slender
Creator(s): Dio4344 and Beastmode91
Round time: 10 minutes (note: you can build on the obsidean to get to the top so maybe it should be 12 min)
DiggablE Depth of Map: 1
Physics: off
Which server did you build it on: Caznow Map Making
lvl file: http://www.mediafire.com/?4ro1d3kqwkahamu
Description of Map: The horror game of slender is coming to blocktopia zombie survival! with lots of hiding spots and parkour, In the white building (bathroom) there could be some dead ends so watch out, Always watch your back.

http://imgur.com/a/1ULYo screenshots of map​

ReyvnNova

"Come buy our orchard fruits, Come buy, come buy~"
Reaction score
Now I'm not a fan of Slender, so I can't comment on theme.

Alright, so the size looks good for the current affairs of ZS. The ground level could use some sprucing up; flowers might help. If you think flowers work against the theme, then you can also have different levels/layers of grass.

Also, are there secrets, or are those bedrock areas just part of the map?

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Oh, hey, look at that.
See, le_badcop (I'm pretty sure you were the one), least someone tried to continue on with your
"Slenderman-based Zombie Map."

So...
I remember thinking this when (I believe) badcop was making his own Slender map awhile ago, and really...
I really don't think that basing a map on Slender is necessarily the greatest of ideas.
Let's essentially look at what the Slender game actually is---
- The Slender game is essentially a collection of trees and shrubbery over the span of a large, essentially flat plane, with the occasional, though very small and normally not accessible through in-game building (besides that of the bathrooms/tunnel). Seeing this, there isn't really much too the game (if you can call it that) in the first place.

Maps based on Slender suffer what I like to call "The Hunger Games Syndrome," as both the game and the series occur over a large span of area, it is very difficult to fit such an idea into such a small constraining area such as a Zombie Map's 64x64x64 map size. Unless done drastically different in an attempt to kind of move away from the core idea (Take Survival Games's Cityscape, but this is a terrible example as it covers a MASSIVE span compared to Classic), then I generally don't believe such recreated / inspired maps based on these types of games to really be the greatest.

But!--- That is only an opinion!
So now that, that is out of the way...

I do believe the map kind of suffers from the original game really just being a forest with small clumps of decor every few yards.
This shows in the map, as it is essentially just clumps of trees with large flat spaces in between them.
Indeed, there may be a few of the iconic Slender-game building like the Silo and the Cross-walls...
But is that enough to vary the gameplay?

However, this IS a staggered-layer map, with an upper and lower portion to it, which may be interesting.
However, I fear people will either merely destroy the obsidian walls to run onto the roof (which is what I am interpreting from the main post) and camp there, or hog the different ending points on the jump-course in the lower section.

I do have a personal gripe with having wording on walls, as they never do quite fit a map and seem out of place (Unless hidden as an easter egg in a secret), but that has nothing really to do with how the map is, so you can ignore this.

Eh--- It's so hard to tell if a map is good for gameplay from just looking at the map.
A test run would be nice!
My thoughts.

((Note: the map is on Caznowl's /g dio4344.2 Took awhile to find it through all those unloaded map >.<))
Oh, and:
Now I'm not a fan of Slender, so I can't comment on theme.

Alright, so the size looks good for the current affairs of ZS. The ground level could use some sprucing up; flowers might help. If you think flowers work against the theme, then you can also have different levels/layers of grass.

Also, are there secrets, or are those bedrock areas just part of the map?
I'm on the map now, and from I've roamed about, there are no secrets (may be wrong). The only bedrock Ive seen were apart of either the "Bathrooms" portion of the Slender-game on the lower-layer as well as just the normal bedrock boundaries of the map.
Me and M_B_H met each other on the map today. Map-Looking Buddies. xD

• Informative
Reactions: ReyvnNova
D

DarkHender

I like the idea, but I feel like the ground is a little bare.

Dio4344

Reaction score
And there are no secrets

Edit: I will probably put bedrock for the roof after school today, so no one can get up. I thought about that before I posted the map

Dio4344

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions. If you remove the Slenderman character from this map what makes it special? What are some of the gameplay elements that would make it interesting?
Removing the slender man could still make it look like slender, we got the silo the truck and the bathroom from the video game slender, And I think the gameplay of the map would be interesting because we got all the things that are in the actual game and we got parkour and you can build on the walls on the top of the map