Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Suggestion name:
See title.

Description:
It is a complete rank overhaul for AoD wich provides more challenge and aditional depth to the ranking system. It kind of works like achievements. Currently all of AoD's ranks are achieved solely by using brains. It's bland, and standard. And get's beggers (Like myself) ranks easily. So I wanted to suggest multiple other factors being included into the rank-upgrade system. For example, Survivors kills, Hunter kills, Survived rounds, Kills with bow & arrow, etc.
Let's take Veteran; the first rank upgrade. Instead of having it cost the regular 5K brains. We can turn it into: 5K brains + 5 survivors kills + 2 survived rounds. His makes the player needing to accomplish more than just a simple currency. Hero would be 10K brains, 10 survivor kills + 5 hunter kills, and 5 survived rounds.

And those are the standard ranks, we can go much more in-depth with this. For example, say a user has killed 1000 hunters and has a considerable brain-count (50K for example) they can buy a special rank in the shop like "Counter-Hunter". This allows more customisation and playing around with the ranks, while it also adds a small extra touch of personalization to it. We can also have it with other requirements. Like, 700 kills with a bow (and a considerable amount of brains) the player can get a rank of "Sniper".

After buying a rank it get's stored in a player's serverdata so they can always switch what rank they want to use today without extra costs. Apart from that. Players could pay a small fee to have the color of their rank changed aswell. (Altough this might cause players to go and take VetOP or Admin colors instead...).

Why should we implement this:
This generally solves two problems:
1.) It adds more challenge and requirements, and thus more effort and more fun to achieve the ranks.
2.) It adds more personalization to the ranking system and their ranks may saymore about the person than the average AoD ranks.

What are the possible issues with this suggestion:
It might be a giant hassle to come up with all the prefixes at first and then develop it all in. It might get newer players a tad confused and lastly, two guys may just login to the server and go farm kills and such until they can afford a new rank.

The last one can be fixed by if the server recognises two players have been killing each other constantly over and over it might stop logging the kills. And for surviving rounds maybe a minimum of 5 players for it to take effect.

Extra notes:
[Bowman] 100 bow kills and 10K brains.
[Archer] 200 bow kills and 20K brains.
[Sniper] 350 bow kills and 35K brains.
[Marksman] 500 bow kills and 50K brains.
[Survivor] 200 rounds survived and 20K brains
[Pacifist] Win 5 rounds by surviving without damaging any hunters.
[Alchemist] Drink 500 potions and 15K brains.
[Counter-Hunter] 800 hunter kills and 30K brains.
[Anti-Hunter] 1500 hunter kills and 60K brains.
[Hunter-Terminator] 2500 hunter kills and 100K brains.
[Survivor-Killer] 1000 survivor kills and 25K brains.
[Serial-Killer] 2000 survivors kills and 50K brains.
[Exterminator] 3000 survivor kills and 75K brains.
And so on we can go for ages with these :3

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
I'd probably have the "Sacrificial" rank (For most deaths(Just making something up here))
Well, no. The purpose of this ranking system is to have players accomplish something and get their rank. There isn't much accomplishment for throwing yourself off a cliff a couple dozen times.

• Thank You
Reactions: DaniGrenade

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Or we do it the DoD way, when you reach that amount of kills, you go a room in the lobby2 with signs that give you the rank you want to be.
EG.
CONGRATULATIONS you've hit 1500 kills, go to the lobby and click the sign to obtain your rank.

just a tip to prevent people from getting ranks they don't want

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Or we do it the DoD way, when you reach that amount of kills, you go a room in the lobby2 with signs that give you the rank you want to be.
EG.
CONGRATULATIONS you've hit 1500 kills, go to the lobby and click the sign to obtain your rank.

just a tip to prevent people from getting ranks they don't want
Well in the first place it was meant as being purchased the same way as ranks are currently purchased. Just via a command ^_^

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Okay so I thought about this for awhile and I like the idea of achievements, not ranks.

More ranks at the end of a game only are really superficial (especially in AoD where the ranks don't give any benefit-that I have seen). Achievements on the other hand I think would make a great addition as long as some (a very limited amount) are easier to achieve, such as classic Zombie's "Make a and get in in the server" achievement. Some could be kill related such as things like "Get 10 kills in a round" or get "200 kills total with a bow". I think overall though this is a great idea and should be a fairly simple thing to code in.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Okay so I thought about this for awhile and I like the idea of achievements, not ranks.

More ranks at the end of a game only are really superficial (especially in AoD where the ranks don't give any benefit-that I have seen). Achievements on the other hand I think would make a great addition as long as some (a very limited amount) are easier to achieve, such as classic Zombie's "Make a and get in in the server" achievement. Some could be kill related such as things like "Get 10 kills in a round" or get "200 kills total with a bow". I think overall though this is a great idea and should be a fairly simple thing to code in.
These are designed as ranks available via an achievement like system. They're really just to keep someone invested and interested in AoD for a longer time. And have ranks take a bit more effort to achieve rather than to monopolize on brains.