Skill Information and Change Log Notes

LagWarrior

SMP Veteran Operator
Reaction score
Hello! My name LagWarrior. I am your Skill Regulator for the Elysium server. We will be using the plugin called McMMO.
McMMO's main function is to incorporate an RPG-like skill system that players will have access to right from the beginning. Depending on how much a certain tool is used or a certain action is performed, players will gain experience that will eventually add bonuses such as double drops, rare drops, or ability enhancement.

I will cover the basic skills you guys will have. To activate skills simply right click with the relevant item in your hand. ‘Doing so prepares’ your skill. Then follow through by breaking the block/thing associated with the skill.

Players will have SIX gathering skills.

[panel]
  • Mining: The active skill is Super Breaker. When activated allows you to instantly mine blocks for a period of time depending on your mining level. The passive skill is the slim chance of a double drop depending on the level
  • Wood-Cutting: The active skill is Tree Feller. This skill allows the trees to fall down with a single chop. For the passive skill, there is a slim chance of a double drop of logs depending on level.
  • Herbalism: The active skill is Green Terra. When activated, it allows for a chance of triple drops when harvesting plants. In addition, this skill will allow the transformation of certain blocks to a mossy block. This requires seeds to be in your inventory. For example: Activate green terra + hit a cobble block= Mossy cobble block. The passive skill is Green thumb. It is similar to Green terra’s block transformation; however, its chances on turning the block into mossy are significantly slimmer. Note that seeds must be held in hand.
  • Excavation: The active skill is Giga Drill Breaker. For a short period of time, it will allow you to instantly break any block that is most effective when broken with a shovel. The duration depends on level. The passive skill is Treasure Hunt. There is a chance where you can find random treasures when digging with a shovel.
  • Fishing: There are only passive skills for fishing. There is Treasure/Magic hunting. This is similar to excavation’s passive skill. But the only thing different is the ability to capture some enchanted items. Furthermore, there is the passive skill called Shake. This skill allows players to shake items loose from mobs by casting their pole directly at the target.
  • Unarmed: It's only passive ability is Berserk-mode which allows for instant breaking of blocks for a brief duration.[/panel]
Players will have TWO Combat skills:

[panel]
  • Swords: The active skill is Serrated Strikes. It is activated by right-clicking while holding a sword then slashing a mob or player. This skill causes enemies to bleed for a short amount of time. Also, the bleed effect can affect players/mobs in a small radius. The passive skill is similar to serrated strikes, but it’s significantly less effective. The bleed duration and chance depends on level.
  • Archery: There are only passive skills for Archery. These skills are: Daze and Arrow Retrieval. For the daze skill, there is a chance to cause a target player the status daze by firing an arrow at the target player. He/she will be forced to look up or down for some time. Arrow retrieval allows the archer to pick up arrows from a fallen enemy. All these passive abilities’ chance depends on the level of the user.
[/panel]

These are not the only abilities you will find during your time. I will leave it up to you guys to discover other functions of these skills. This is merely a little info thread of the basics of this plugin. In addition, experience you gain from using these classes/skills are completely different from the default configuration files. If you need to access info about class skills, simply type in the command: /(skill) For example, If I wanted stats/details of fishing, I would execute command: /fishing You can go into further detail into the skill by typing in: /(skill) ? (page). All possible commands for McMMO can be shown by typing in: /MCC. (special thanks and credits to the creators of McMMO and staff team)

On a final note, anyone caught abusing glitches or finding loopholes for easy experience will personally be fucked over into oblivion by me, burned at stake, and banned off the face of Elysium. For the ones who report players for unusual activity or even report any unbalances/bugs will be rewarded. You all have been warned.

Code:
28/12/12: Elysium now up and running open. McMMO is up and running.
29/12/12: Excavation + Sword experience nerfed
31/12/12: Herbalism nerfed
3/1/13: Excavation buffed
18/1/13: Unarmed added
25/1/13: Mining Buffed
4/2/13: Level cap now increased for all skills excluding Excavation and PvP skills. Excavation, Herbalism, and Fishing buffed. Added a duration perk.
5/24/12: Level cap now increased for all skills excluding Excavation. In addition, block/ore exp values have been increased

Shmid

Reaction score
Was hoping for Heroes again, but got perked up when I saw how most skills were hidden. I've been on MCMMO servers where all skills are available and it was confusing as heck and hard to keep track of everything.

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
I think if they add all the skills now, it would allow players to max out striaght away. But, if they add them everyone now and then it takes longer to max out in the long run. It also brings a bit of excitment when new skills are added to see who gets to the top first!

• Agree
Reactions: Oak Milk

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Current server cap: 7 skills * 250 levels = 1750 Power Level cap.
Maximum plugin cap: 12 skills * 1000 levels = 12000 Power Level cap.
Or 11000, as bare fist skill is broken (OVERPOWERED)

So yep, our Skill Regulator has large field to act ;)

Reaction score
I don't know if this is a bug or just the result of excessive lag, but I notice that whenever I use a wooden sword with 2/3 durability until it breaks and then switch to a wooden sword with fire aspect 1 that I fished up, my old wooden sword gets recreated with the same durability it had before I started using it.

Seraphim14

Reaction score
I am relatively new to this server, just got settler status and have been playing with several friends. One thing I've been told though is that skills only go up to 250 or 500. I would believe this is to keep the economy going at its current rate. But fishing specifically I would I like to be raised to 600. This is the level in which diamond tools/equipment can be fished from the water, but I feel that it would have minimal impact on the economy if it's just fishing that allows it, since you don't passively increase that skill (you have to make a fishing rod, and actively fish and wait, as opposed to mining which we all do a lot of regardless of whether or not we want to.) So there would be very few people who would ever reach level 600 fishing, and of those who do it will take long enough that it should have no impact.

P.S. Sorry if this is on the wrong thread, it seemed most applicable here

TLDR Summary:
Fishing currently only goes to 500
I want it to go to 600
At 600 you can obtain diamond tools/equipment
I don't feel like it would effect the economy if only fishing is raised and only to 600