Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me

Welcome to Simple SMP
After working through a pandemic and going through some weird patches of times, we are finally excited to announce the release of Simple SMP.

Simple SMP is not your average vanilla Minecraft server, but it strives to keep the core values of it in mind - so that players do get refreshing, new experiences, but also get to play the Minecraft they all know and love. We didn't want to set out and make a store, or a huge lorebook, and throw players in expecting them to read everything and understand every bit of the world - this time we set out to create a space where players can build up, work together, and create their own stories and lore of the world.

Here are some features you can look forward to on release. Keep in mind that some more topics may be explained better / more in-depth in their respective threads on the SimpleSMP Forum which will be releasing shortly also.

RELEASE DATE: July 6th, 2020 2PM EST

Playtime Rewards
We wanted to encourage players to actively play on the server, so we have decided to implement a ranking system within the server. Users are able to rankup to 12 different ranks, each having their own special perks, special prefixes, money rewards & more.

With this, we also have rewards for logging in daily, & voting! You can use the money in the economy however you see fit, as there is a lot of things to spend it on!

Player Shops
We decided that this time around, we want players to be the main drivers of the economy. We don't want to set prices and have them as that forever, but would rather watch the market rise and fall for certain items with the availability and demand of player needs. This is why we are introducing player shops in spawn. You are able to warp to them whenever you feel like, and there are multiple shop spaces for multiple prices for you to rent or buy.

1.16 Features
Simple SMP will be shipping out on 1.16! This not only means we get ALL the new fancy Nether biomes right off the bat, but we also can use custom hex codes, emojis, and other small QOL things to improve the look and feel of our servers. Make sure you are ready to explore the brand new nether on release!

PvP & Raids
PvP and Raiding is always a hot topic during SMP's, and it always feels like there is really never a 100% right choice for everyone. I thought a while about what I wanted for this server, and have come to the decision to implement a system where players can choose if they actively want to participate in PvP or not. This system has a lot of places in check to ensure it isn't abused, and if anyone is found abusing it - it will result in immediate punishment.

There are other things to enhance the PvP Experience on SimpleSMP too. You don't have to worry about the new combat system, as we have a plugin that enables the old one. You can also look forward to using dual wield swords, having a great combat tag / log system, an extensive KD / PvP Ranking System & more!

Raiding is another hard thing, the staff have decided that for raiding is only permitted in a few situation as listed below

a.) The land isn't claimed
b.) Things are left open and unattended
c.) You are in war with the other land owner

Please note that if you opt to have PVP Disabled, you are immediately not allowed to participate in any raiding of any form either unless you turn it back on.

Land Claiming & Wars
SimpleSMP doesn't come packaged with the well known (and admittedly fairly bad) land claiming plugin people are used to seeing on our servers. No longer will you have to worry about using a gold shovel or stick and remember a multitude of commands just to claim land. We are introducing a totally new way of claiming land with the plugin Lands. This plugin has a TON of features I'm sure users are going to enjoy, it comes with a nice and simple GUI so you no longer have to mess with commands, and on top of that has its own role system so you can give members of each claim certain roles.

Another feature I am excited for is wars. This allows claims to declare war between them, and opens up a ton of opportunity for PvP and raiding action. If you are interested, feel free to read more about it more on the plugin page linked above - or you can read the simple guide that is located on the SimpleSMP Forums.

Vanilla Enhancements
I wanted to create an experience where players could tell that they are still playing Minecraft, but include nice QOL additions and perks that allowed the vanilla game experience to feel "furthered" rather than smothered out. While exploring Simple SMP's world, you will find small additions to the world - like caves decaying, or small new mobs you come across while mining. SimpleSMP also offers a multitude of ways to play the game, with jobs being our main driver for economy. Some other QOL additions include being able to dual wield swords, crafting armoured elytras, and a few more things!

Donor Perks
EscapeRestart has always been a little lacking when it comes to giving donors a little something extra for supporting us. We obviously don't want to make ANY server of ours P2W, so its always been a subject that has gotten little discussion and has been generally avoided. SimpleSMP is taking the first steps toward giving our supporters a little extra, with perks like a free headatabase, access to cosmetic tools like armor stand tools right away, and also get access to cool cosmetic features like /nickname, /customlogin(logout)message, personal weather, and a few more things! We will have a full list of perks in the Simple SMP forums that details the perks of each rank users can earn, including the donor perks.

Creativity
We want users to build up beautiful cities, towns, and other areas of interest across the world of SimpleSMP. I wanted to let users who have that big outlet for creativity to have tools at their disposal, so I've included a small amount of decoration / building plugins to assist in that as well. Players can buy heads from Head Database, which provides users with hundreds of heads across several categories that can take your build to the next level, and users can also unlock perks like an armor stand editor. Let your creativity flow while building!

Last edited:

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
I was reading through the plugins and I have a few questions about the server. For the war feature will griefing be disabled between warring towns? Also if land is unclaimed is griefing allowed there as well? Also looking at this "b.) Things are left open and unattended " we can raid unlocked furnaces/chests if we don't grief to them/they are unblocked? (the same as previous smps?). Also will there be a dynamic map for the server?
That is pretty much all the questions I have really glad that we are still not pay2win and playing on 1.16 the new nether is really fun and makes the world less dull. Other than that I'm excited for the release on Monday!

Reactions: Sour_Lemon

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
For the war feature will griefing be disabled between warring towns?
Yes, the things you will be able to do in the land of someone you are at war with is as follows
  • Place & Break Scaffolding
  • Interact with Chests, Doors, Mechanisms & Villagers
  • Break blocks that are BLOCKING an entrance / loot path
things you aren't able to do will be things like
  • Using TNT / destructive items on a users claims
  • Breaking users blocks that aren't interfering with your path
  • Destroying animal / crop farms (you can loot, don't just destroy them)
there will be more info in the Simple SMP sub-forum going public later tonight / tomorrow too :) Also keep in mind both parties must agree to the war too.

Also if land is unclaimed is griefing allowed there as well?
Same rules apply ^

Also looking at this "b.) Things are left open and unattended " we can raid unlocked furnaces/chests if we don't grief to them/they are unblocked? (the same as previous smps?)
Correct!

Also will there be a dynamic map for the server?
Yes there will be! It seems to be a tad bit glitchy (some chunks won't render) but overall its fully rendered and ready to go on release. I expect it to smooth out with more updates too, since we are on the latest version of MC now.

Hopefully I answered your questions well enough, and I'm happy that you are excited :) I can't wait to release!

Reactions: Sour_Lemon

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
Yes you answered my questions thank you for that! I just want to clarify one of the war rules. So if you are at war with another town then for example dirt entrances are allowed to be opened does that also apply to chest blocked with dirt? Other than that I will wait for the sub-forum for more information. Thanks again for the swift reply!

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
You may want to look at major release guides, if you weren't playing SMPs after 1.12 (Arcadia was 1.12, so 2017)
1.13: Update Aquatic
1.14: Village & Pillage
1.15: Buzzy Bees
1.16: Nether Update

Will Phantoms spawn on server? Technically they spawn if player didn't sleep for 5 days ingame or so.
They drop phantom membranes - useful for fixing elytra (use anvil to not lose enchants) and slow falling potion.

Last edited: