Signature limits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob8is8cool

Reaction score
Can a signature be 'to long?' For example, mine below, was allowed. I didn't glitch it in, there's just no limit... I'll get rid of my sig if you want me to, but I think we need some sort of limit to characters. Like, 300?

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
The signature height is 200 px. I think yours goes beyond that, since mine is exactly 200 pixels. Also, there isn't much of a limit to how wide it is. Also, there is no character limit. It's just that it fits 200 px. That's not a glitch, just you going over the limit.

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
@bob8is8cool Really? Jesus christ.

Get some bloody frigging common sense, will you?

"It lets me post it though"... Really? That's the most bloody stupid reasoning to do something EVER.

Pulling the trigger of a gun that's pressed against someone's head lets you kill a person. does that mean you should? Christ.

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
@Deadl0ck I meant that it wouldn't stop me. So that's why I posted here -.-
Yes. Just like the gun wouldn't stop you from pulling the trigger.

Like I said, common sense. Get some. Just cos you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD. Especially if there are documented guidelines available.

You CAN throw your computer out of a window. it won't stop you. Why the hell don't you?
Because of common sense.

You CAN eat all the food in your house. It won't stop you. Why the hell don't you?
Because of common sense.

You CAN stab your dog with a knife. it won't stop you. Why the hell don't you?

Want me to go on?

bob8is8cool

Reaction score
OMG. Imagine finding a gun for the first time ever, not knowing that it would kill you, and then pulling the trigger. Now I made a signature for the first time ever, (on this new forum) not knowing what the limit was, and made a long signature, thinking it would be cut off. SO I posted here about the fact there was too high of a limit, now do you understand?

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
OMG. Imagine finding a gun for the first time ever, not knowing that it would kill you, and then pulling the trigger. Now I made a signature for the first time ever, (on this new forum) not knowing what the limit was, and made a long signature, thinking it would be cut off. SO I posted here about the fact there was too high of a limit, now do you understand?
What Deadl0ck is referring to is that you thought your signature was out of the limits, but you still decided to keep it as your signature, rather than checking it. If you were in the gun situation, you would have picked up the gun, wondered if it would kill you or not, and then shot yourself, rather than checking.

Fatalis

Reaction score
I haven't touched a gun once in my whole life, but I know damn well NOT to look in the barrel of a gun and press the trigger.

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
Since you insist on digging this hole deeper. Let me start by saying, this is an acceptable excuse. When you're five. Not when you're older then 10 (31, according to your forum profile. HAHAHAHA yeah right. Lying about your birthdate? You a girl or something?) and by now should have started learning about the bloody way the world works and getting some common sense in your head. Also, your analogy is wrong.

"Now I made a signature for the first time ever"
"on this new forum"

SO IT'S NOT FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, JUST THE FIRST TIME ON THIS FORUM. Fun fact: We did not have any coded limits for signature sizes on the old forums either. At least, not for non-image ones. but we still had rules there, albeit very vague rules.

ALSO, good job on blazing past three other examples of your reasoning, focussing on the deadly one.

Imagine finding icecream for the first time, not knowing what it does, hesitantly tasting it, and thinking... "MY LORD THIS IS THE BEST STUFF I EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!" Do you suddenly eat 30 pounds of the stuff and end up killing yourself? HOLY SHIT YOU DON'T, BECAUSE OF COMMON SENSE. unless you're a psychopath, or under the age of, say... 5 and have no fucking clue about cause and effect nor common sense.

FUN FACT:

You agreed to the terms and rules when you signed up for the forums. Remember that little checkbox that said you read the terms and rules? HOLY SHIT THE SIGNATURE LIMIT IS IN THERE. (by the way, yours still doesn't follow it.)

So EXCUSE me for having a go at you for acting like a 5 year old when it's clear you agreed to something without actually reading it, something three people spent 4 hours on to put it together, which consists mostly of common sense stuff, that people actually seem to need spelled out for them.

TERMS OF SERVICE, HOW DOES IT WORK?

Also, thank you for letting me entertain myself with a rant like this, it's been too long, and I know the community (well some) are entertained by them too.

Reactions: chris360kss
Status
Not open for further replies.