Sign this Minecraft Classic Petition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_4_

Reaction score
As of July 1, 2013 Mollstam has removed the Minecraft Classic multiplayer and single player links for Classic on the home page. Though it is still accesible by minecraft.net/classic/list

Here's the petition description:

Mollstam has removed the link to MineCraft Classic on the homepage. We need as many signatures as we can get to prove that the MineCraft Classic community cares. Many communities will be destroyed by the removal of this link because without the link, there will be no new guests to play on servers. This will cause all Classic Servers to shrink until they completely fall.

Some of you probably still play classic too

I know that blocktopia's classic servers were shut down, but there's still other servers out there trying to server. As most of you here connected to Blocktopia through classic I'd really appreciate it if you could sign this petition:

CLASSIC WILL SURELY BE COMPLETELY DEAD IF WE DONT TRY TO ACT!!!!
PLEASE TWEET, SHARE, AND POST THIS PETITION EVERYWHERE. OR JUST SPAM MOJANGS TWITTER!! JUST GET INVOLVED!

http://twitition.com/p66zh

It's nothing special just a petition started up a few hours ago on twitter. No idea how it'll turn out and I am not the creator.

I also created a topic on the Minecraft forums it's a bit better formatted if you want to check it out:http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1873691-sign-this-petition-to-save-minecraft-classic/.

CLASSIC HAS IMPACTED YOU IN SOME WAY OR ANOTHER! LET IT CONTINUE TO IMPACT OTHERS EVEN IF IT STILL DOESNT FOR YOU!

All it takes is 20 seconds of your generous time, thank you.

Even if you don't care and say it's "useless" and "no one cares about it" I just find that laughable and ignorant. Some of you have played classic since before it was classic, for years. Just don't turn your backs on it now just because it isnt "the thing to play" anymore here on blocktopia. Some of you had your best days on classic, i urge you to sign. and SPREAD THE WORD.

WE MUST PUBLICISE THIS SO IT CAN GET KNOWN!

Pikmon2

Reaction score
That link has been gone for awhile...
I don't see a need for classic any longer anyways, as its easy enough to just buy MC Premium (Through a birthday/job ect.) There's a demo as well. Do I think it NEEDS to be taken down? No. Will it still be taken down? Probably.

• Optimistic
  • Dislike
Reactions: Mia and _4_

_4_

Reaction score
The replies on the Minecraft forums really made me want to give those guys a big slap to their faces.
Ikr definetly. It really made me pissed...I had like no backup at first and just 3 people constantly trying to troll it...

That link has been gone for awhile...
I don't see a need for classic any longer anyways, as its easy enough to just buy MC Premium (Through a birthday/job ect.) There's a demo as well. Do I think it NEEDS to be taken down? No. Will it still be taken down? Probably.

The link was removed for a few days in November and was JUST recently removed again. SO no, the link has not been gone a while. I can see your point of not seeing a need for classic, but it's really not a need it's the enjoyment people like myself and othershave for it. Even if you dont play it and the amount needed isnt reached it doesn't hurt to sign. Just think of all the fun memories you had on classic. They might be dead for Blocktopia now, but for other servers it's still somewhat alive.

I'm sorry but I won't be signing the petition because of the fact that since not many people are looking to play classic anymore (my opinion go ahead and disagree if you wish but hey I'm just saying my two cents). I would like to help but I'm personally not signing this

But good luck with it none the less
Thank you for the luck :3 but really if you care about classic and had good memories on it then what's the problem with just taking 20 seconds of your generous time and signing it? I can see if you don't but it's a small community and it needs every little bit of help that it can get. Even if you cant STAND classic it still means a lot to me and others. Just because you don't see many people playing it doesnt mean it still isnt there. People dont play it anymore because Mojang has basically cut the chord several times over on Classic. Things like the Menu pop up, not allowing new users to play and register, sound removal, and the precise hiding of the links on the homepage is all Mojangs doings. Don't forget Blocktopia was still pretty popular up until and a little after they stopped allowing new users to play.

Faliara

Reaction score
What.

WHAT.

WHAT.
MOJAAAAAAAANG WHAT THE HELL.

I'll help.

Edit: )= I can't help and sign the petition because I don't know how to. Can you explain to me please?

Also, just want to make a speech about classic...

Classic is in fact how I got hooked onto Minecraft in the first place.

Some people just can't pay for the premium version, so they stay on classic. It may seem boring at first, but then, when they go onto the multiplayer servers... BOOM. You can't stop. You just can't. If you spend even 1 day without playing it, it just feels weird.

And also, some people don't know if it's really worth it to buy Minecraft. But when they go onto the Classic Multiplayer servers, they start to think; 'If Singleplayer Premium is better than Classic Multiplayer, then it's BEYOND AWESOME!'

And thus, I wish I can continue talking about the awesomeness of Classic, but I have to go.

(Merged, please try to avoid double posting -Baker93)

• Agree
Reactions: Hunter and Notme

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Reaction score

Faliara

Reaction score
I do not see the point, most great communities have migrated to premium for all their servers.

Some people just can't pay for the premium version, so they stay on classic. It may seem boring at first, but then, when they go onto the multiplayer servers... BOOM. You can't stop. You just can't. If you spend even 1 day without playing it, it just feels weird.

And also, some people don't know if it's really worth it to buy Minecraft. But when they go onto the Classic Multiplayer servers, they start to think; 'If Singleplayer Premium is better than Classic Multiplayer, then it's BEYOND AWESOME!'

And thus, I wish I can continue talking about the awesomeness of Classic, but I have to go.
'Nuff said. I care about those who're still stuck down there too.
EDIT: AND I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TO SIGN THE PETITION. Do I need, like, a Facebook account or something?
EDIT 2: And no, don't reply to this, foxararma, there's really no point.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I do not see the point, most great communities have migrated to premium for all their servers.

'Nuff said. I care about those who're still stuck down there too.
EDIT: AND I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TO SIGN THE PETITION. Do I need, like, a Facebook account or something?
EDIT 2: And no, don't reply to this, foxararma, there's really no point.
I believe you need twitter. I don't have it so I can't sign it either =S

• Sad
Reactions: Faliara

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I know I won't be agreed with, but I personally feel as if the reign of Classic has long ended. Yes, like many others, I started off on Classic. In fact, I played Classic when it was the only version! But it is beyond denial that Classic Minecraft is in the minority, and it would not benefit Mojang to start updating/endorsing it again.

Is it hard to watch Classic go? Of course. When I first logged on in 2009 I would've never believed Minecraft would get so popular, or that Minecraft as we know it would even exist. But times have changed, and while some may not like that, it's an undeniable fact.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
I know I won't be agreed with, but I personally feel as if the reign of Classic has long ended. Yes, like many others, I started off on Classic. In fact, I played Classic when it was the only version! But it is beyond denial that Classic Minecraft is in the minority, and it would not benefit Mojang to start updating/endorsing it again.

Is it hard to watch Classic go? Of course. When I first logged on in 2009 I would've never believed Minecraft would get so popular, or that Minecraft as we know it would even exist. But times have changed, and while some may not like that, it's an undeniable fact.
I'm with you on this, but above and beyond your point, it doesn't actually make sense for mojang to continue supporting it either. Web traffic costs money. People playing the free version of their game and using their web site to access it for free still costs them money. Realistically, playing the game through mc.net is using a service, and that's the type of thing people pay for.

If these classic communities are so interested in surviving, they might put some money into creating and promoting their own community, much the way we do here. But then, if people were willing to put some money into it, they might just buy premium. Really, the game only gets better.

I know I found blocktopia through it's classic servers, and I had a fair hiatus when the classic build was taken down for a premium build. But once I got premium, I just googled blocktopia to come back. If people are really interested in classic communities, they should be able to find them by googling "minecraft classic servers". If it's in such a niche that the communities can't support themselves without leaning on mojang, then you should probably realize that you need to give them incentive to keep up their end. And petitions to continue getting things for free aren't the most reasonable argument.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
It actually makes me sad how everything must be about the money. It's not like Mojang earned $80 million in a year or anything.
One time fees for minecraft accounts won't sustain anything forever. Also, Mojang's earnings are from multiple games, which all demand support, and I'm sure that 80 million figure isn't their final profit either.

Reactions: Vatowski

Pizzaboi

Reaction score
I know that they got rid of the link for Classic and all, but I don't think they'll completely get rid of it (At least, not yet). If they did shutdown Classic, it's most likely gonna hurt Mojang's reputation and that'll result in many people quitting Minecraft and not many people are gonna buy it now, but if they did... I guess that's just their loss.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone have Mojang actually stating that they'd end Classic?
If not, you are all overreacting and should try to become more informed first.

Mojang Staff has stated several times that they do not plan to end Classic, but rather just hide it (as in, hide the link).

I'm indifferent to Classic ending though? It's sort of pointless, mostly. It's great for the nostalgia, but most game types have been converted to Premium. It is unfortunate for those that don't have money; however, Minecraft is pretty inexpensive for most players that have not bought it?

But in my eyes it's a nostalgic novelty, similar to Runescape Classic vs. Runescape.

gettinthere

Reaction score

Mojang Staff has stated several times that they do not plan to end Classic, but rather just hide it (as in, hide the link).
Correction: It was Notch, not Mojang, that said he would hide Classic. (Sifting through 2PP's Story of Mojang video)

Since Mojang didn't mention anything about Classic and Notch left Minecraft development to Mojang (Notch doesn't lead Mojang, it is Jeb_), so Mojang felt best to hide or even remove Classic.

Will edit the specific part where he mentions it.

Edit: I didn't find any statements for classic stated by Notch in the 2PP Story of Mojang...

Maybe perhaps the rumor of Mojang hiding Classic is just another rumor. Take a look at what happened to Survival Test. Remember what happened with the whole pay-for-updates rumor? Oh yeah... there are a lot of rumors floating around to make you hate Mojang.

Reactions: Notme

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score

Yeaaaaah...the thing is, whether or not they stated they'd "end it", they're still contributing to it dying faster. Eventually, yes, Classic will be completely phased out, I don't think anyone can deny that, but the point is, some people still like to enjoy to whilst they can. What has happened is that in removing Classic, it speeds up its death, (even though the whole username muck-up has probably been a more contributing factor).

In fact, this whole thread/petition had nothing to do with Classic being shut down, to quote from the original post:
"Many communities will be destroyed by the removal of this link because without the link, there will be no new guests to play on servers. This will cause all Classic Servers to shrink until they completely fall."

It says "communities will be destroyed by the removal of this link". They aren't referring to Classic being shut-down. They're referring to the fact that the removal of the link is speeding up Classic's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.