Shane's Op Thing [DoD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanebat1

Reaction score
In-game name: Shanebat1

Staff Refrences (Op+): Biblius, Danni22112

Other Blocktopia staff experience: None so far.

How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: The responsibility I see being an Operator being is having to work for the server, to help the people of the server at any beck and call, to resolve any problem people might have on the server. My obligations would be dealing with anything that goes wrong, griefs, arguements, problems like glitches and such.

Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: I have been around in this community for a long time (I believe 2012), I have witnessed alot of staffing, and have absorbed most of the rules/protocols pretty much like osmosis. I have previous experience on an SMP server outside of Blocktopia. I love the Dusk of Discordia server, even though I havent been on much lately, but I do indeed love to play it when people are on.

If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do?: I will try my best to keep it under control until I either get a higher ranking staff online to help out, or investigate to see how to resolve it if nobody is online.

If a staff member of equal or higher rank is acting up, what will you do: I would discuss it with them and take appropriate actions like calling a higher-up or taking action myself within the rules of course.

What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it?: Well, recently on DoD I have been very inactive. I will try to resolve that by getting online maybe like 3-4 hours a day to staff/fix up Liavek. This is if I do have free time.

Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: I am nearly a Junior in highschool, I am a bit introverted, I like to be fun in appropriate situations and all. I also tend to get along with people easily

If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: I created the very first clan in DoD and somehow have had it survive today. I also have been in top 10 ontime from the beggining of the server all the way to maybe a week ago (That was the last I checked)

Last edited:

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I am a little unsettled with how quickly you made your application, but we are all aware I am a stickler for apps.

Shane has given much of his time to DoD, and has actually been encouraged to apply before. He has turned down these instances because he said he did not feel ready. I am pleased that you finally feel up to the challenge, and I believe you have been ready for a while now.

As a leader, Shane lead Aoteroa in JtE, and has successfully lead Liavek in DoD to become one of the few still-active clans on the server. He has also helped with several public works projects within Liavek, including two rather large walls surrounding the entire settlement. He has better ontime than even myself, and would be a nice chance to get some new blood flowing in Discordia's veins. Of course as I referenced him, I vote +1.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
I would've been all for you a month ago but I feel your activity has taken a serious dive. Maybe it is just timezones but I don't see you much anymore. Therefore I feel a little heitant about this application as I feel it is a bit out of the blue.

On another note when I have see you online I don't see you doing much in the way of helping. This is a critical part of staffing to gain the respect of the playerbase! We are in a need of new blood to the team but I feel you should wait a few weeks or months then re-apply... Till then I don't feel obliged to give you a positive vote.

My vote,

Last edited:

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Hello Shane,

You are a mature person and that's great. As Nog has said, if this app was made a little while back, my vote might've changed. Due to your inactiveness, I cannot put a fair vote on your helpfulness, so for now, it'll be a:

JtTorso

Reaction score
Biblius has past experience with you, but I do not. And as others have said, your activity has taken a dive and it makes me wonder if that is an indication of what things will be like if you were staffing here. Even before your activity took a dive I never singled you out as a possible future Op. With this bundle of reasons I unfortunately cannot endorse this application.

Perhaps in the future if your activity increases and you really show off what you're capable then you may eventually make a fine DoD Operator, but as of now I can only give you a 0.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I referenced you, for pretty much the same reasons that biblius already stated, no need to repeat those, so I would rather say more about the doubts the other have had here.

Shane have had an outstanding activity before, and while its been a it dim lately, I just saw him alot yesterday, its getting way up again. Shane have been helping out, maybe not as much as you would have seen in mian, since he amongs others are in teamspeak, and thus it wont always be seen when they help out. As staff of course, he would have to help out in main x)

I think a trial can be good for shane to show that he is up for it, so I want to see that.

1+

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I've honestly been on the fence as to what to really say. I see myself coming and going from this app from the day it was posted even with really nothing to add and awaiting words from those that have experience with you to form some base to expect.
Seeing as I have not played with you very much and have not seen you save for the past two days I cannot really evaluate entirely and properly.
If I have played with you, then there was no impression left. With what little time we have been online together I have not seen you enough to vote. Leaning positive 0

However on another note.
I do have a problem with two statements personally. This does not suggest that you are incapable of handling the staff position or suggest that I am in negative favor of a trial being offered to you, neutral still.

“At any beck and call “~ Not all issues require an immediate response, staff are not lapdogs but helpers that guide the player base and server along to greatness. Yes, however we do expedite our services. Not to mention that we are people playing the server too instead of just simple robots. I understand this may not be the intention of the statement that you would need to drop anything and everything. Only pointing this out since not every issue is within an individual’s control and knowledge.

“I do indeed love to play it when people are on" This, as a player with the weirdest time frames imaginable bothers me the most. One should love to simply be on at any time. Of course the ideal is to be active and online when the player count peaks however let’s be honest here in regards to DoD. If you are only enjoying the server when others are online I do not think that you are entirely enjoying the server. Yes its lonely; painstakingly lonely at times since playing with others is super enjoyable and the 'point' of SMP.

Again this is just personal beef with those two parts, nothing against your being approved.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Shanebat,

We've decided to deny this application. We saw a lot of doubt from staff members, and the majority of the votes were 0's. While a lot of these votes were due to activity, that does say something about your presence on the server. I (and others) do believe you have good potential, but it may help to pop on the server a bit more and try to be helpful to newer players, and we can see how things pan out from there if you're still interested in the rank!

I did want to touch up on one good point Lee made though -
“I do indeed love to play it when people are on" This, as a player with the weirdest time frames imaginable bothers me the most. One should love to simply be on at any time. Of course the ideal is to be active and online when the player count peaks however let’s be honest here in regards to DoD. If you are only enjoying the server when others are online I do not think that you are entirely enjoying the server. Yes its lonely; painstakingly lonely at times since playing with others is super enjoyable and the 'point' of SMP.
I really like what he said here. Sure, I'm not sure if you were intending to say you only come online when others are, but part of being staff is being on whenever, and being a friendly face on the server. And face it, if nobody's on then the chance of someone coming on is slim - but if someone logs on, perhaps someone else will, and that can snowball to a fuller server. Though I don't want to dwell on that.

If you do decide to apply in the future, good luck! Don't let this deter you from applying again, if you want it in the future then just let it motivate you to try again :)

Reactions: Undefined User 7
Status
Not open for further replies.