Server update [21 Oct 2012]

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Now the server is up again, time to announce the update:

* There have been made a lot changes to the rank system to make it easier to work with.
Old: -Banned, Zombie, Human, OpZombie, OpHuman, OpRef, Controller, Admin
New: -Banned, Guest, Trusted, Operator, VetOp, Controller, Admin
The zombie/human and referee ranks have been removed. Being human and zombie does not change your rank anymore. You will still be able to check what you are with /me, and name colors will still change.

This means that if you use /who or /players you will always show up with the correct rank, regardless if you are a human or zombie, however, referees have a standard teal color. Normally when refereeing you always have the color of your rank but when using commands as /players, /me, /whois referee will show up in the color teal.

It can take some time to get used to, but this is definitely a way better system.

* There is a new command /womdirect (/wd) that gives you an URL that you can use to directly connect on WoM.

* A few things have changed or fixed because of the new rank system.

It's very possible that there are still a few bugs because there were big changes made to the code. If you notice any bugs, you can PM me or WinX64.

Players that log in for the first time will need to have their color set to their group's default color until the bug can be fixed. Because of this /color is temporarily set to Operator, if as staff member you notice a player having bugged colors, you can use /color [name] del to fix it. This is only necessary until the changes can be uploaded onto the server.

Known bugs list:
* _Infecteds_ show up white if it is the first time they log in. [Fixed(Needs uploading)]
* Staff permissions are not correct.