[serious] Why I think the dislike rating needs to be removed

Sploorky

Reaction score
Right, so the whole "This message has been removed due to negative ratings" has been disabled. The issue with taking away the dislikes listed on the player's profile is...due to how the forums work, it's an all or nothing gig, either we show no rating count on a player's profile, or we show all.

Don't know what everyone would prefer.

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
Right, so the whole "This message has been removed due to negative ratings" has been disabled. The issue with taking away the dislikes listed on the player's profile is...due to how the forums work, it's an all or nothing gig, either we show no rating count on a player's profile, or we show all.

Don't know what everyone would prefer.
Darn it sploorky, I want people to see the one ERMAHGURD rating i've gotten tho D:

• Optimistic
Reactions: Swate and Jivvi

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
Community did just fine without ratings (back years ago) but now that it's existed for a while now, people will notice and argue that it's gone. Back to square one, I guess.

I would prefer none, because sure, they cause some temporary glee or distraught for a while but they eventually just turn into giant reasons to separate people (Like comparing Duffie's 3530+ to my measly 700 or whatever).

Lel, Sploorky ninja'd me with a conclusion and my post is irrelevant.

Marlem

Your local hall haunter
Reaction score
Hey, remember what I said just before?

You may be happy to know I was wrong. Thanks to Malcovent for sorting it out, but negative ratings will no longer stay on your profile.

I hope everyone is happy with the conclusion we have come to.
Is it possible to remove negative ratings from alerts?

Sploorky

Reaction score
Hey, remember what I said just before?

You may be happy to know I was wrong. Thanks to Malcovent for sorting it out, but negative ratings will no longer stay on your profile.

I hope everyone is happy with the conclusion we have come to.
Is it possible to remove negative ratings from alerts?

...no

william8

Reaction score
Website
z15.invisionfree.com
You know, people say that dislikes are nothing to fret over, but receiving dislikes will just add to the abuse, and, in a sense, will make the people want to avoid or not like them, and in sense, make them less unpopular.

W

Wimali

Honestly? I actually wouldn't mind if all ratings were hidden from profiles. They're post ratings, after all, and not user ratings. But I got the feeling that's probably an unpopular opinion and really not a thing I'd want to start a discussion about and fight for (with passion!) so I'm going to shut up now.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Honestly? I actually wouldn't mind if all ratings were hidden from profiles. They're post ratings, after all, and not user ratings. But I got the feeling that's probably an unpopular opinion and really not a thing I'd want to start a discussion about and fight for (with passion!) so I'm going to shut up now.

Would you like to move on and start a discussion about how we could update the lobby since you're well-versed at providing point by point arguments?

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Something short-
Why not prompt the person who pressed the dislike button to explain why they dislike the post.
Perhaps similar to the Report button, but directed to the player?

I feel like some people just won't explain why they're disliking. :p
Well, that was just my two cents. Well similar to report button but you can't leave it blank.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Duffie

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
It seems that after the forum update the solution we reached here (removing negative ratings from a user's profile) has been reverted back to where it was before this thread. I assume this wasn't intentional, so if it's possible, could this be redone?
I'd like to add to this incase it hadn't been noticed, but the disagree rating is now also counted as something negative instead of neutral.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
It seems that after the forum update the solution we reached here (removing negative ratings from a user's profile) has been reverted back to where it was before this thread. I assume this wasn't intentional, so if it's possible, could this be redone?
Wouldn't have a PM to me or Malcovent have been enough? If someone wouldnt have told me you posted this, I would have never noticed.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Wouldn't have a PM to me or Malcovent have been enough? If someone wouldnt have told me you posted this, I would have never noticed.
I suppose so. I posted it here because the issue was directly related to this thread, and since it had been an active topic in which quite a few admins were involved, I figured you'd take a look why it was bumped back up. Plus, I hoped that other people would add to the list of things that were discussed here and now reverted back, if I had missed anything. Which is exactly what notty did.
But you do have a valid point. The next time I have something like this to say, I'll either PM one of the admins directly or at least tag one of you guys.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
I suppose so. I posted it here because the issue was directly related to this thread, and since it had been an active topic in which quite a few admins were involved, I figured you'd take a look why it was bumped back up. Plus, I hoped that other people would add to the list of things that were discussed here and now reverted back, if I had missed anything. Which is exactly what notty did.
But you do have a valid point. The next time I have something like this to say, I'll either PM one of the admins directly or at least tag one of you guys.
Yeah all good, like I said, since the change wasnt intended, a PM would have sufficed.

In any case, @Malcovent I fixed it, simply ripped the code from the old template edit you did.

• Informative
Reactions: Naoh