Senate of Primordia

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Quick disclaimer: This is just an idea, and I'm looking for feedback. Please do not go out of your way to hate on the idea if you do not like it, just leave a short comment.

Dear Primordians,

It has been over a month since the start of our beloved server LoP. Whill there have been some bumps along the way, I think we managed to create a nice community on LoP with the right amount of enjoyment, rivalry, and banter. However, I have noticed that sometimes frustrations occur among us, when we do not agree with a certain aspect of the SMP.

Before I continue I want to express my respect for the staff on LoP, for they most of the time do an outstanding job at handling troublesome situations and keeping Primordia operational. The other day I got an idea, which could somewhat change the "politics" of our cherised Primordia. I propose that we create a Senate of Primordia, introduced as a new way for the ordinairy Primordians to influence the prospective of the SMP.

Senate of Primordia:
The Senate of Primordia, as I propose, consists of four members, one from each of the four families Aeres, Dagon, Gaia and Primus. For how these four members will be picked, I still seek an appropriate way, therefore feedback is appreciated. Important is that these members do not have a history for shady business and these members can be objective to a certain extent. Besides they must be somewhat respected and liked in the community and they cannot be part of the actual LoP staff. The Senate will have the power to vote on certain ideas or plans for the SMP, put forward by the community. One thing that should be mentioned is, that the Senate in no way overrides Staff decisions, and therefore staff always has the last say in anything decided by the Senate.

One last thing before I end the thread: I am not yet sure if a Senate could actually work and how it would operate in realtime, but I do think it could be a nice new twist to Primordia and possibly a way to adress certain concerns around the community and push for faster changes. I want to thank everyone who took the time to read this all and to all Primordians or EscapeRestarters out there have an amazing day/night.

Tldr: Senate of Primordia, 4 people from 4 families, vote for stuffs.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
The one issue I foresee is voting deadlock. With 4 members, it may be common to get a 2-2 vote on things. It might be worth having a lower staff member as a 5th, just to break those. They could abstain wherever the 4 produce a definite result.

• Agree
Reactions: digi and HKCaper

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
The one issue I foresee is voting deadlock. With 4 members, it may be common to get a 2-2 vote on things. It might be worth having a lower staff member as a 5th, just to break those. They could abstain wherever the 4 produce a definite result.
If you guys are interested in this, I can be the overseer of the senate, and also try to avoid deadlocks.

• Agree
Reactions: Notme and HKCaper