semi-important question regarding using player names in a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvadude12

Reaction score
I am about, and getting close to posting a fictional, non-violent, OK story on the forums, but I was wondering if I could use real players names. The people I need permission from(if I even need it) are:
AvantGarde
Cooldudeiscool
IntensiK
Chillingworth
smelyalata
Widdish
...I may need more people, as I may add onto the story.

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
A general rule of thumb is to look at it from their perspective. Could they be offended by it in some way? In what tone does it involve them? You'll probably want their direct permission(from asking them ingame, etc). That being said, it sounds like a ... fascinating story.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I am about, and getting close to posting a fictional, non-violent, OK story on the forums, but I was wondering if I could use real players names. The people I need permission from(if I even need it) are:
AvantGarde
Cooldudeiscool
IntensiK
Chillingworth
smelyalata
Widdish
...I may need more people, as I may add onto the story.
You seem to have forgotten me. <3

Basically, what Nillbug said, ask them personally. Though you'll be hard-pressed to get a response from IntensiK unless he's staffing In-Game.

silvadude12

Reaction score
Oh fine ill use you jayfeather. <3
and thanks for the response nillbug. It is quite interesting, but not a funny story.
EDIT: I also need Damer_Flinn.

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
Sending them each a PM on the forums is probably your best shot at getting an answer.

Thread locked, since this can all be done much more efficiently privately. If anyone on the list wants to forbid/allow the use of their name in this story, please PM silvadude personally by opening a conversation with him. (Go to the Inbox tab next to your username at the top and select "Start New Conversation" from the drop-down dialogue.)

Status
Not open for further replies.