Second TNT Anniversary

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Well guys, we've made it. Two years of TNT in this community! Time really does fly.

Unlike last year, we won't be resetting points, upgrades or inventories. You can rest safe knowing that they are secure.

We sadly don't have a huge list of new features for today. That's partly due to the fact that we haven't needed a bunch of bug fixes or features that we should have had, or an upgrade system that needed overhauling. But if you take a look back at the past year, we've constantly been pushing the server to new and greater limits. New gamemodes, WoM features which make the game a lot more involving. Hundreds of tweaks to improve the experience for players and make it what it is today.

So once again, thank you to our lovely developer destroyerx1, without whom none of this would have been possible. We love you man!

Thank you to the server staff, who have been very generous and kind in their assistance with running the server on a day to day basis, keeping the rounds flowing fairly and being absolutely amazing at what they do. Noticing map changes that are needed, making the new gamemodes work through the use of command blocks, refereeing the rounds, the list goes on. The quality of staff we have is outstanding, and recently our numbers have been growing and growing. I'm glad of the amount of people who want to help the server out by becoming staff members.

Map creators, you do a great job at keeping the game fresh, we love the quality of maps we have on TNT. We're planning on having a clear out of some of the less good maps, to free up the rotation of those ones that nobody particularly likes, so keep the submissions coming. (I do not care what anybody says, all the Evil maps are staying!)

Our suggestion forum is constantly getting added to with new threads, in fact it has the most threads in it of the whole TNT section of the forums! Whilst we can't add every suggestion, we try to keep on top of them and the ones deemed good enough, as you probably notice, make it into the game. I love getting feedback about the server, how we can improve it and so forth. Keep those suggestions coming, it helps out a bunch!

Lastly, the players. You guys are what we do it for! If nobody wanted to play the server, it wouldn't be still going, but our numbers keep going up. You may remember back in January, we hit 100,000 unique players on TNT. I'm happy to announce that already we're up to over 125,000 players now, which is fantastic. Whether you're fresh faced new players or part of the oldies who've been playing since Day one, you guys keep us here, and we're glad you like the server so much.

As always, it's been a pleasure being the Director of the server for this time! Up next: 3 years.

Happy Exploding!

0x3c0

Donor
Reaction score
I can't really express how proud I am of how far the server's come in the past two years. We've come from an already-impressive background to something absolutely spectacular, and the changes we've made have made playing that much more immersing and enjoyable.

If you had joined the server two years ago, you would have had to find your own way around the gameplay or ask an Op for help. Learning as you played a normal Team Death Match round (no special scripts or map types then!), you'd have earned ten points for every person killed. Ten minutes later the round would have ended and you'd have been given 100 points if your team had won.

Since then, we've moved on swiftly. New players now have an incredibly comprehensive tutorial to learn from and practice weapons in. If a player tries to make the game unfair by waiting in the other team's spawn, they're now kicked out, instead of having to wait for a referee to spot the problem. The quality of maps has risen incredibly - I remember the first map purge we had, when we had around 50 maps. It's hard to imagine that we're now at about 100-strong.

Thank you to all the players who've helped us get this far, and all the staff and ex-staff who have helped to keep the game fair for players. When we started, there were half a dozen ops, destroyerx1 and KingSam - we've now got KingSam, destroyerx1, two controllers, three vetops, thirteen ops and six trusted. Every last one of them has earned their place, and when there haven't been as many staff as there are now, we've had great players stand up to help in ways that would have been difficult or impossible without them.

You've all been absolutely brilliant. Thank you for making the server what it is today.