Other Second Garry's Mod Server: Deathrun

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

(thanks to Arelic for putting the Deathrun text on my crappy image)

Hey guys,

Exciting news: we're going to be opening a second Garry's Mod server - Deathrun!

Deathrun is a gamemode where there are two teams, the Runners and the Deaths. The Runners have to complete an obstacle course of some sort with lots of different types of challenges along the way, while the Deaths press buttons to timely activate traps on the Runners to try to kill them off before they get to the end. If you get to the finish, you get to choose a minigame to play with the Deaths to try to kill them and win the round. There are loads of different maps with different courses, traps and minigames to play, and I'll be updating the server regularly.

It's a lot of fun and it can be a really chilled out gamemode that we can hopefully have a really nice time with. I used to spend many days playing this, and many evenings winding down with a few maps and some music before bed. I've had a lot of fun on Deathrun in the past, and I hope we can have some good fun with this server.

In terms of features, we have autoclaim (so once you stand in front of a button, other Deaths can't steal it from you), autohop (means you can hold down space to keep jumping automatically, this can be disabled in your settings), customaziable GUI/HUD and cross-hairs, optional third-person mode, and pointshop.

We'll also have the !jukebox, a bunch of playermodels (more than TTT) and maps, and that's all there really is to it, so expect the download to be fairly short and sweet because it'll just be playermodels.

--

We're going to be treating this server as a new permanent server in our lineup alongside TTT. If/when it gets to a point where it's far more dead than alive and people are no longer having fun with it though, we'll close it down and probably replace it with a different gamemode instead. If it becomes really popular, we may even open a third Garry's Mod server.

I'll be the Admin of Deathrun just like TTT. TTT will remain my absolute personal priority because I love it far too much to let it lose attention and care in favour of something else, but I'll be regularly adding suggestions and working on Deathrun as well. We're not going to have a fully blown staff system just yet - for now I'll be the sole admin and some trusted people will be given a few minor commands to deal with spam. Deathrun shouldn't need anywhere near as much staff maintenance as TTT does, but we'll change and develop the staff system as we go, if we need to.

Okay but when is the server actually releasing???!

This Friday, 20th July, 8pm BST!

I've got a bunch of maps already but if you have any suggestions for maps or playermodels, send them my way.

And if you have any questions, feel free to post those here as well of course.

I'll post how to join the server closer to Friday so stay tuned for details.

Thanks, and have fun Deathrunning!

- Inf/Chandler

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Cool :D
Shame, that there is no way to "connect" GMOD servers just like our Minecraft servers are "connected" trough lobby.

Also wasn't there Minecraft deathrun by SirComputer currently in development?
The best I think we can do is advertise each server on the other and have a command to take you to the info of the other

And yeah although RoF deathrun is very different to gmod deathrun

Reactions: Notme

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
The best I think we can do is advertise each server on the other and have a command to take you to the info of the other

And yeah although RoF deathrun is very different to gmod deathrun
you can have connected chats between servers and also the occasional connection link that when pressed will start connecting you to the other server.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Connected chats as in a separate third chat that has both ttt people and deathrun people?

And how do you have the second thing, do you have a link?
steam://connect/255.255.255.255:27015
Replace the 255's with the server's IP.

(https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Steam_browser_protocol)

And yeah you have to type a command in chat to connect and start all messages with some command like !@ or something icr, it's probably a mod but I do see connected chats on a fair few connected gmod servers.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
  • Love
Reactions: Aqua

LoneVValker

Reaction score
steam://connect/85.114.128.114:27015 URL's like these are used for making a button in a forum so people can connect by just pressing it.

To make something like "!deathrun" that connects you to the deathrun server, you need to make the command write "connect *IP*" into the player's console.

Last time there was a chat between 2 servers was 10 years ago and that development was scrapped.

Wanted to suggest some maps, but forgot to save the steam workshop collection URL.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com

LoneVValker

Reaction score
Dude ur showing my age pls

EDIT: I had a quick search and there are some user created ones dunno if they'll work tho

https://github.com/TheFreezebug/Garrys-Mod-Global-Chat
https://forum.facepunch.com//f/gmodaddon/jdlr/Global-Chat-2-Connect-your-servers/1/#postceftf
Highly doubt it'll work without any tweaking and a huge amount of fixing since the last commit was 3 years ago.
No one even posted if it works or doesn't have any issues with causing lag and all the images are down to see how it looks.

Example with the Steam URL:

Last edited:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
steam://connect/85.114.128.114:27015 URL's like these are used for making a button in a forum so people can connect by just pressing it.

To make something like "!deathrun" that connects you to the deathrun server, you need to make the command write "connect *IP*" into the player's console.

Last time there was a chat between 2 servers was 10 years ago and that development was scrapped.

Wanted to suggest some maps, but forgot to save the steam workshop collection URL.
Oh, thanks, don't suppose you know how to do that do you (the !deathrun thing)

Also the steam collection URL: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1440506446

Last edited: