Search and Destroy (New Game Mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dah_Bomb

Reaction score
Search and Destroy is an elimination-based game mode that has been featured throughout the Call of Duty series. A one-sided game mode, the goal is for an attacking side to either eliminate the defending team or detonate either one of two bomb sites. Players only get one life per round, With a maximum of 7 rounds (first to three round wins).

RULES
- 5 seconds arm time bomb
- 45 seconds fuse
- 5 seconds defuse time
- First team to win 4 rounds wins the match
- 150 seconds (2:30) time limit
- Respawning is disabled

OBJECTIVE
One team is attacking team and ones the defending. The bomb is located near the attacking teams spawn When someone walks over it they have the bomb. And now the players can plant the bomb at any of the 3 bomb sites. When someone is killed they now drop the bomb and when someone walks over it again they now have it. If both teams have three they will go into overtime with the first attacking team attacking again.

ATTACKING TEAM
The objective is to either destroy the bombsite by planting the bomb and it not getting defused or eliminate the other team, or eliminate all enemies. If the bomb is planted during the last couple seconds of the game the time will be extended for about 45 seconds. If the player is planting the bomb he or she cannot use any weapons.

DEFENDING TEAM
Eliminate all enemies, let time run out, or defuse a planted bomb. Remember that it takes 5 seconds to defuse the bomb on. Even if all enemies are eliminated after the bomb is armed, the attackers can still win the round if the bomb explodes. Victory is achieved as soon as the bomb is defused regardless of how many attackers are still alive. If no bomb sites are destroyed, the defending team wins if the time limit is reached no matter how many defenders versus attackers are left alive. The defending team can also win if neither sites are bomb-planted within the time limit, and at least one defender is still alive.

SPECTATOR
I was thinking to make a dead person a spectator they turn into one with a different skin after they die like in the zombie server. Once a spectator they cannot use weapons or plant the bomb what so ever. But they can still watch the game.

I think points should be high because once you die you can’t kill anyone until the next round. Points I think should be awarded for killing the enemies, planting the bomb, and defusing the bomb. The should be pretty high. I was thinking about 50 for a kill, and 80 for planting or defusing the bomb.

I recommend seeing a gameplay of Search and Destroy .
THANKS
Dah_Bomb

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I will add on to this:
Spectators: Go in a glass bridge around the map, or somehow implement the /hide Op+ have to the spectators so they can roam freely without causing trouble.
Kills: 30 for kill, 15 for plant.
Really all I have to say that would balance the game. I like it, I would make a map if I had time to!

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
What darth said, and we need a genius to code it, raz has gone...
I think it would be fun to add, although it would probably require a decent amount of coding.
And in response to what superstien said, I think 30pts a kill is a bit much.

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this identical to this suggestion.

Either way, I personally don't like the idea, it is essentially an even more confusing version of CP (Control Points), players currently find CP difficult to initially understand, so when you add in 1 life, 1 round is actually 7 rounds, and random spectators walking around I think you're just adding unnecessary complexity.

We are planning on adding another variant of CP where both teams are attacking and the team who controls all 5 points wins the game. However, until the server is back working, don't expect it any time soon.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
What darth said, and we need a genius to code it, raz has gone...
I think it would be fun to add, although it would probably require a decent amount of coding.
And in response to what superstien said, I think 30pts a kill is a bit much.
I'm still here. Why do you think the original 5 point CP mode is in? :)

This gametype is known to me. I referred to it as SABOTAGE and first experienced it in a game of XIII. I like the concept however it is too similar to most CPA games, or an ONS type game.

One thing that you need to think of though is the spectator system. It has the following drawbacks
• Boredom waiting the round to end
• Confusion - new players will try and kill others and blatantly ignore chat
• General downtime for the end of the round.

It's why I don't entirely like the CPA/CP/PL endings. They're adrupt, but they're there to reduce downtime as much as possible (and prevent collision with the end of the round thing. Remind me to rewrite it with $rt>"11" checked.)

Dah_Bomb

Reaction score
I will add on to this:
Spectators: Go in a glass bridge around the map, or somehow implement the /hide Op+ have to the spectators so they can roam freely without causing trouble.
Kills: 30 for kill, 15 for plant.
Really all I have to say that would balance the game. I like it, I would make a map if I had time to!
The /hideop would be very good so people dont attract attention to the people still playing

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
1. Too confusing
2. Boring once you die
3. Point rewards are too much
4. Difficult to code
5. If a new player walked over the bomb, they might not realize they have it, or what is going on, and sabotage their team
6. Could be easy to troll your own team
7. bubbles
8. This is TNT, not COD

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Guys, this gametype has been used in plenty of games besides CoD.

On another note, this would single-handedly make me start playing TNT ^-^
Well too bad because i'm not making it and no one else has the expertise to, willingly. Neither will KS make it.
[on another note this would single-handedly make me never go back to TNT]

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Well too bad because i'm not making it and no one else has the expertise to, willingly. Neither will KS make it.
[on another note this would single-handedly make me never go back to TNT]
I don't see why one gametype could draw someone away from the server. x)

It's all good, I was just voicing my opinion. I still support the idea even if it never happens.

Reactions: DJJonosound

math625f

Reaction score
1. The thing with boredom while whaiting for new round tosstart could be deal'd with making a deathmatch when dead.
2. This would take AGES to code, if I was a coder I probably wouldn't do it.

My personal thoughts is that I think you shouldn't do this. Many of the new players would just run around without knowing what d heck they're doing...
But I also like the idea so it's up to you that have anything to say abt it

But that is just me ^_^ :p

User warned for this post

Status
Not open for further replies.