Declined Sean's Subforum Moderator Application

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Idk if this is good, I'm not great with scenarios and idk please don't laugh at me _;(´□`」 ∠):_

Subforum you wish to moderate: Roleplaying
Time-zone/Country of origin: United States, GMT - 5

Question - You see user and long-time administrator, Malcovent abusing his Admin powers by berating a user and insulting him publicly, how do you proceed?: I would probably PM him, telling him that while he may have reasons for going off on a user, he is breaking the rules and making a user feel bad and humiliated and he can't do that just because he's an Admin (in a kind way because I'm too timid to angrily correct malc). I would then PM the other Admins as well, telling them of what he did and asking them if I should let them handle it or if I should/what to do (I'll admit it I'm not good with solving serious problems without the OK from the higher-ups).

Question - An argument breaks out in a thread, both sides have some valid points but ultimately it is derailing the thread and starting a flamewar, how do you proceed?: I'd start by making a post acknowledging the validity of both their points, but say that the debate is getting out of hand and derailing the thread. I'd suggest them to PM each other about it and/or work it out in private. I will then start to delete the older parts of the debate but keep the newer ones up a little bit longer for reference. If they continue to have a flamewar on the thread and do not listen to me, I will copy their newer messages onto a PM, tell them it is getting out of hand and to work it out in private, and temporarily ban them from the thread until they calm down.

Question - A user publicly contests with your decision as a moderator, with a public post disagreeing about your decision regarding a moderator action, how do you proceed? Since I wouldn't want to seem like a dictator, I'd probably keep the post up. I'd write a post saying the issue is being resolved so the general player base can see it without trying to add fuel to either side. Immediately, I would PM the user apologizing for their dissatisfaction with my decision. I would fully tell them the reason(s) why I made my decision and agree or disagree with their points. If I see an error in my ways and their point is clear, I would change my decision. However, if I still believe that I made the right choice, I will tell them that I stand firm in my decision (while agreeing with some things they had to show them that I did listen to them).

Mock question - GmK is drunk and threatening to delete the forums, tell him your favorite joke so as to distract him: Well I don't have a favorite joke, but if it's for the purpose of distracting him, I'd say this might buy us enough time: