Samily Music

OgroovysamO

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Six months in the making, @FrenchSanta12 and I can now present our first collaboration song: Wonderwall (originally performed by Oasis).

After several demos and weeks of recording and mixing, the finished track can be viewed below (with Blocktopia getting a special pre-release ahead of us releasing the song publically on YouTube).

We would love to hear your feedback c:

BANDCAMP
http://samily.bandcamp.com/releases

-Sam & Emily (Samily)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Holy shit, I'm getting goosebumps, this is so sweet that I'm gonna cry omfg you guys just fit perfectly together
Awesome cover, I would have put some percussion in it, but yea you know, drummers and songs without percussion... Haha just nvm me
I really hope to hear more soon, keep up the good work!

OgroovysamO

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Holy shit, I'm getting goosebumps, this is so sweet that I'm gonna cry omfg you guys just fit perfectly together
Awesome cover, I would have put some percussion in it, but yea you know, drummers and songs without percussion... Haha just nvm me
I really hope to hear more soon, keep up the good work!
Thank you! Percussion was something we considered, although since neither of us are drummers, it would have to involve either finding a drummer or using stock sounds, something that I tried in an early demo but didn't really work. And who knows? There may be more, there may not be :p

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS I HAVE LISTENED TO IT TOO MANY TIMES ALREADY.

I totally don't have it on repeat, what.
Also if you don't do more I'll fly myself to England, and I'll fly you over to where Frenchie lives with me, and force you guys into a room to do a collab. Actually screw that I don't have enough money. But more please omg.

OgroovysamO

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS I HAVE LISTENED TO IT TOO MANY TIMES ALREADY.

I totally don't have it on repeat, what.
Also if you don't do more I'll fly myself to England, and I'll fly you over to where Frenchie lives with me, and force you guys into a room to do a collab. Actually screw that I don't have enough money. But more please omg.
:D It's entirely up to Frenchie whether we do more or not x3 Thank you Caitlin :)

OgroovysamO

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You guys sound great; you two compliment eachother well. The production is impressive too, and I like the echo and reverb you've put on the voices. I am looking forward to potentially seeing more from you two! I would've loved to hear your voice Sam, perhaps another time. ;)
You hear that Emily? WE'RE ABOUT TO BECOME A SCREAMO BAND

OgroovysamO

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Not bad, keep up the good work groovy and santa.

(Also: Did you mix you're voices togeth in the song?) derp
Yeah, there are three seperate vocal tracks that were individually recorded playing: One in the left channel, one in the right and another in the centre. This basically gives the track a much 'fuller' sound so you're not just listening to a mono recording. Same thing was done with the guitars (minus the centre panned track). All industry standard :)

Thanks everyone, by the way, your feedback and super kind words mean a lot :) We're considering doing more, songs and styles are being discussed c:

OgroovysamO

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So who is actually singing? Like are you both?

But it sounds really good! :D

(Sing Take Me or Leave Me from Rent next)
It's Emily (Frenchie) singing, I played all the instruments and mixed the recordings c: ALTHOUGH, several people want me to attempt to sing in our next cover, so we'll see ;) And we've decided our next song for now, but thanks for the idea c:

• Agree
Reactions: FrenchSanta12