SalientGorilla's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
SalientGorilla's Staff Application

Your In-Game Name: SalientGorilla

Do you have any alternate accounts that can also play Premium? If so, what are their names: None.

What is your Timezone? GMT

Who has agreed to reference you? (You need AT LEAST 1 staff reference): Naoh_Raven, Lovedaice and Asaechao have kindly referenced me.

What is your current real life age? (Don't be Shy): 17

How many hours have you played on AoD in total? (Use /timeonline to check): 12 days, 16 hours and 32 minutes.

How active are you on the server, and how often do you come on? Lately I have been a bit busy due to medical reasons. However, I can normally come on for a couple of hours a day.

Do you have any past experience staffing in Blocktopia? I've staffed AoD before, I staffed here for just under two years. I also staffed BuildBox for just over two years and A&T for a year. I staffed all these at the same time.

What would you say your biggest weakness is, and how would you work to improve it? Sometimes I get to into the game a little too much and don't pay attention to chat (I'm sure everyone does that because AoD is gr8 and I r8 8/8 hope you appreci8), I just need to slow down and take my time which I can do.

What achievements within Blocktopia are you most proud of? Gaining my knowledge of staffing.

Why do you deserve the rank? I believe that I deserve the rank of 'Trusted' because I'm generally friendly to users, I've got a fair bit of staffing knowledge, I know the community well, I understand the rules of the community/server and I generally feel I could help the AoD staffing team.

Add any other extra information here which you think will benefit your application: This part isn't for sympthathy or asking for attention, I'm just telling the truth. However, due to my 'life-limiting' illness, I will find it hard to come on some days due to the side effects of my treatment; I will try to get on as much as I can though.

Last edited:
Y

YouWould

Thanks for applying, Sal!
I had no idea you staffed AoD for ~2 years. I was well aware of BB, but not A&T either. This adds up to be a damn well good five years (I know you likely staffed two at one point, but bear with me.) I haven't seen you on so much, however, but this appears to be a side-effect of your illness and treatment. When I do see you on, you seem to be very mature, fun, and helpful.
I'm icing this with a +1, I want to see how your Trial would pan out.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for applying, Sal.

I guess I can say I somewhat worked alongside you near the end of your AoD career, and I must say, I had a blast. You were a wonderful person back then, and you're a wonderful person today. We have had a pretty long history, about a year and a half now looking back at it. I rarely saw you at a "bad" point. You always worked your hardest and brought a sort of fresh air to the events going on.

And ever since coming back, you have been helpful as many ways as you can, and you are, as you said, working on your presence in chat, but it's still noticed.

Your work was extraordinary and I can't wait to work alongside you again. No matter how limited due to your medical reasoning, you will make an excellent addition to the staff team.

It's a +1 from me.

• Thank You
Reactions: SalientGorilla

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I haven't seen you enough to have a fair say on this application, none the less I do think you are a very good applicant based on your previous experience as staff. I'm not going to give a + 1 though due to my lack of seeing you in game enough for my own taste. Currently, i am going to have to go with a 0

• Thank You

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
Hey Sal! Thanks for applying!
What I've heard and seen so far is wonderful. You are kind and helpful, which is great. You have past staffing experience, not only with AoD but on other servers. Which shows you have knowledge what to do when a tough choice needs to be made. Haven't seen you on AoD but when comparing the negatives with the positives you come out on top. I'm putting faith on the fact you will try your best to make ontime and your best is all we ask for.
+1

lilzeppy

Goldenface
Reaction score
Thank you for applying, Sal.

I remember you as a great staff member while you still held the Operator position on AoD. You were always very kind and approachable, and you were very willing to help out whenever something needed to be sorted out. Of course, I was not a staff member at this time (roughly 2 years ago), but I definitely picked up on how positive of an attitude you had and how well you did your job.

You have loads of experience. You know the ropes of staffing - what is to be expected of you, as well as what is to be expected of the players. You will have no problem getting started again on the staff team.

I will be happy to see you staffing on AoD again.

+1.

• Thank You

Airkid

Reaction score
Thanks for applying!
I haven't seen you on enough to determine whether I should give you my +1 or not. I'll be keeping an eye on you next time I see you and then I'll be able to decide my vote. You've got a great amount of staff experience which I know will help you out if you do become a Trusted here.
Until I see you, 0.

• Thank You

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
Naoh_Raven
-1 for remembering my name incorrectly

Right off the bat, I want to say that Sal has shown the ability to staff well on many levels. I did not know that he staffed on AoD previously, but knowing that now gives me even more confidence in his ability to do well with us.
He's shown maturity, he's helpful, dedicated, and very friendly and approachable. Huge +1 from me.

• Thank You

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Hey Sal, thanks for applying.

Firstly, I'd like to talk about your staffing experience, you have staffed for 2+ years and at some point you were a double Operator with AoD and BB. This by itself already tells a lot about you, it shows you enjoy playing the server(s) Blocktopia has to offer enough to go staff on them.

And the other things, well, they've already been said, you're pretty helpful in chat as well as active and mature.

+1

• Thank You

Solis22

AoD and A&T Op
Reaction score
Hey Salient! Thanks for applying.

I haven't been able to get on AoD recently because my computer is being fixed at the moment. So I really haven't seen you a lot.

But I know you more than anyone. Like everyone has mentioned before, you have been staff on AoD for 2 years. There's no doubt that you know the rules and the mechanics of this. Maybe you're a little bit rusty but I'm sure you'll catch up pretty quick.

So I'll be glad to give you a +1

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.