SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
Username:
SalientGorilla

Timezone:
GMT

How many hours can you contribute per week?:
Now I've got my own computer, I can come on everyday after work. I ususally get home from work at about 5-5:30 and could be on for a few hours.

Previous Staffing Experience:
A&T - Year and half
AoD - Year and a half
BuildBox/Create - Two years

Why do you want to be staff?:
I recluctantly had to give up my trial last time due to my computers motherboard packing up and I had no idea when I was going to get a new one. Instead of getting a new motherboard I got a new laptop a year late (better late than never, right?). Now I've got a new computer, I would love to make a come back to the AoD staff due to how much I love and enjoy playing this server. I'd really enjoy giving something back, once again.

What qualities do you believe you would bring to the staff team?:
I've got around 3 years staffing experience under my belt which includes 1.5 years of AoD staffing knowledge. I am very knowledgeable of the server. I'd like to class myself as one of the helpful and mature players that can keep a fun/enjoyable atmosphere but come down on trouble makers like a ton of bricks, if needed.

Staff Referance:
Mastersten13

Thank you for reading my application!

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
I'm gonna knock this one out right away since Finals are coming up and I'm going to be busy.

Hello Sal, thank you for your application!

I believe we staffed together for a short while, if not then I was around you when you staffed, I'm not entirely sure. But either way, you were a great staff member then. It's a shame you haven't been able to get any ontime, and while I would like to see you get the ontime, you're dedicated enough that it isn't an issue in my opinion. I'd like to see you back in your form.

+1

• Thank You
Reactions: SalientGorilla

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Hi sal, thanks for applying for staff!

First off I want to explain why I gave you my referance. You are a kind player with much staff experience on almost every kind of server possible so thats a big + since experience is always welcome but when I gave you the referance I hoped you were gonna get a little bit more ontime first before applying for staff. So I was a surprised and a bit disappointed when I saw you posting this so early.

Further I noticed you got to get used to the new AoD and the new gamemodes, that isn't really a big problem but when you are a staff member you will need to explain every detail of the gamemodes and maps.

That's why I will give this a 0 for now

I want you to increase your ontime, if you reach 12 hours before this week ends I will reconsider my vote

~Mastersten

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Really nice to see you back Sal! Thanks for your application.

I think you could make a good staff member from what I've seen from you but because I haven't had the chance to see you on AoD2 myself. I really can't judge yet. I have problems with this application, you've applied immediately after announcing to return having only played a few hours on AoD recently and the app itself doesn't seem to have taken a lot of work. I appreciate that you want to help out but I think you need to show that you are willing to stay active on the server, we already have some pretty inactive staff. Now I don't think you have to make 12 hours this week to prove yourself like Master suggested but I'd rather just see you play regulary for a while (like at least 2 weeks). I really don't want to give my vote right now, I'm not even sure if you even pass the requirement of 12 hours ontime.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of you on AoD and I am most likely willing to vote for you joining the staffing team but first I want to see a bit of commitment to the server.

In my opinion this thread should either be closed or just put on hold until some time because of the very short ontime (lately) but that depends on what ComputerGuy_ wants to do.

• Thank You
Reactions: SalientGorilla

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
Even if this thread gets closed, I'll put out my 3.4 cents.

Sal, I'm super happy you're back, and I'm happy to see you're eager to start staffing already! You're a fantastic guy, really helpful and very friendly. I know that the issue of ontime is at hand, but I'd like to put forward the fact that I may or may not have had my full 12 hours when I applied. Just look where I am now! literally the worst staff member

While I think that the ontime might be a little issue, I'm willing to overlook it simply because I know you have what it takes to staff. It'd be nice if you could get the rest of your ontime in before this app is decided, but because I know you're a mature and helpful guy from the past, I'm going to give you a [BCOLOR=#99cc00]+1.[/BCOLOR]

Good luck, and welcome back!

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Hi sal, sorry for the late reply, but I really did want to monitor you for a while before making a decision.
I haven't really seen you online as much as I would have liked, however I know due to previous experience and your maturity you would no problem with the role.
After aika resigned, we do have a slight staff shortage, so I think a trial would be best. I would like you to be more active however.
-Accepted on Trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.